Wiki Posts
Search

Hotels in Copenhagen

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2010, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Continental
Hotels in Copenhagen

I am going to spend Christmas in Denmark and would love any feedback about hotel choices!
Old Nov 22, 2010, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
http://www.71nyhavnhotel.com/

This is my favorite. It's not full on luxury, but you won't really find that in Copenhagen.

The D'Angleterre is 5 star and I had a nice stay there back in the 90's. But it has a pretty bad reputation on Flyertalk. http://www.dangleterre.com/default.asp?IDX=146
Old Nov 22, 2010, 8:50 am

The D'anglattere is absolutly one of the worst hotels in the world and has no business describing themselves as a 5*. I suggest you try the Nimb; arguably the best in the Nordic region.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 9:27 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, SWA CP
Originally Posted by speedbird001
The D'anglattere is absolutly one of the worst hotels in the world and has no business describing themselves as a 5*. I suggest you try the Nimb; arguably the best in the Nordic region.
Nimb is the only hotel in Copenhagen that I have stayed at twice and it is very nice. Good accommodations are so rare in Scandinavia that it is unusual to fine something that excels. The pictures you see in the literature are of the back of the Nimb from Tivoli, a view you will never see. From the entrance, it looks more like a low end department store. Nimb tends to sell out.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 3:27 pm

definitely skt. petri. largest rooms and best f&b! hotel from outside looks nothing special but inside is nice. copenhagens hottest hotel, social elite goes there.
dont forget to make reservations for noma!!
Old Nov 22, 2010, 11:45 pm

Programs: LH Senator
I would definitely not call Skt. Petri a luxury hotel.

They market themselves as a 'design' hotel but it leaves a bit of an Ikea impression. The bathrooms are very basic.

However, the Skt. Petri is actually my favorite choice in Copenhagen due its excellent location. Having access to the new commercial gym on the ground floor is an added bonus for me.

Stars like Lady GaGa, Paris Hilton and Justin Timberlake stay here when in town.

Nimb is without doubt the place to go if you want luxury.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 12:59 pm

Nobody is saying that Skt. Petri is a luxury hotel, I said it is the hottest hotel with celebrities, social elite and lots of people. Great F&B for sure and funky designed rooms without boring straight lines.
Nimb is great but very small and connected to Tivoli, which makes it unbearable during high season because all locals will go there!
Old Nov 25, 2010, 11:05 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by BaumeMercier
Nobody is saying that Skt. Petri is a luxury hotel, I said it is the hottest hotel with celebrities, social elite and lots of people. Great F&B for sure and funky designed rooms without boring straight lines.
Nimb is great but very small and connected to Tivoli, which makes it unbearable during high season because all locals will go there!
With about 14 rooms, the hotel never gets too crowded, although the (absolutely fantastic) cocktail bar can fill up. I'm a +4 for Nimb - my favourite hotel in the region.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 6:56 am

Programs: Relais & Châteaux
I have been in all those hotels in Copenhagen as I live in Norway...

1. Nimb, of course! - Fantastic hotel with excellent service.

2. D'Angleterre. - It's a good experience if you get at least a deluxe room, the standard rooms is very dated and leaves most ppl with disappointment.

3. Skt. Petri - I've stayed in their Star Suite, it's amazing, the F&B is probably best in town. It is a 5-star hotel, define luxury is always hard, but the service is not among the best. Stay in one of their best suites if you decide to stay here.
Old May 6, 2012, 7:25 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by mogensglistrup
I have been in all those hotels in Copenhagen as I live in Norway...

1. Nimb, of course! - Fantastic hotel with excellent service.

2. D'Angleterre. - It's a good experience if you get at least a deluxe room, the standard rooms is very dated and leaves most ppl with disappointment.

3. Skt. Petri - I've stayed in their Star Suite, it's amazing, the F&B is probably best in town. It is a 5-star hotel, define luxury is always hard, but the service is not among the best. Stay in one of their best suites if you decide to stay here.
Does the above list represent current (2012) thoughts on Copenhagen hotels?

D'Angleterre is closed for renovations, by the way and Nimb is sold out for the dates I want.
Old May 7, 2012, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by jspira
Does the above list represent current (2012) thoughts on Copenhagen hotels?
IMO:

Nimb and d'Angleterre - when it reopens - are the only hotels in Copenhagen worthy of 5 stars.

In the category below, the most comfortable is Marriott, and the most elegant is RadissonBlu Royal.
Old May 7, 2012, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Newburg
IMO:

Nimb and d'Angleterre - when it reopens - are the only hotels in Copenhagen worthy of 5 stars.

In the category below, the most comfortable is Marriott, and the most elegant is RadissonBlu Royal.
Agree with the Nimb- and I would say it is more 4 stars with very nice design.

d'Angleterre- we will have to see what they have done when it reopens (I think winter 2013 or spring 2014?)

RadissonBlu Royal- a completely OK business hotel with a convenient location- elegant??? Hmm... It has a very interesting design for its timeframe- however elegant really does not come to mind.

Marriott is OK- location is a bit out of the way though.
Old May 7, 2012, 7:36 am

I am a great fan of the Nimb. The D'anglaterre was not only in terrible condition, it was so poorly run I can't imagine the renovation will help it.

The Bella Sky Cromwell http://www.bellaskycomwell.dk/ was writtten up in this past weekend's FT magazine. Looks nice but I am sure it is not 5*.
Old May 7, 2012, 11:51 pm

Programs: United global services, BA gold,
Nimb jr suite, and have dinner in their Michelin star restaurant!
Old May 8, 2012, 7:38 am

Programs: BA Gold
I had a great stay at the Skt Petri. Very stylish rooms, friendly staff and full of beautiful people. This is one instance where a 'trendy' hotel seems to work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.