Wiki Posts
Search

Where are you going next?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2015, 4:37 am

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Originally Posted by pricesquire
One&Only Hayman Island
Keen to hear your thoughts on this and why you chose it over Qualia ?
Old Sep 2, 2015, 6:42 am

Smile Next destination...

What will your next travel be? And which hotel will you stay in?

I'm going to Stockholm in November
Old Sep 2, 2015, 9:23 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Originally Posted by AmeliaV
What will your next travel be? And which hotel will you stay in?

I'm going to Stockholm in November
Glad to hear that you will visit Stockholm in November, but what's your hotel?

Welcome to FT, AmeliaV.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 1:29 pm

Ashford Castle in October
Amanjena for the New Year

We are already thinking about Summer 2016. I would love to try Amangiri (not sure about which accommodation category) and we're also thinking about San Francisco but the choice there seems poor.

Last edited by Pierre&Cédric; Sep 5, 2015 at 2:07 am
Old Sep 2, 2015, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric
I would love to try Amangiri (not sure about which accommodation category) and we're also thinking about San Francisco but the choice there seems poor.
@ Amangiri: One of the few hotel in the world I would recommend cheapest one

@ SF: Guess you are right
Old Sep 2, 2015, 2:54 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric
Hôtel du Palais Biarritz in October
Bvlgari London in December
Amanjena for the New Year

We are already thinking about Summer 2016. I would love to try Amangiri (not sure about which accommodation category) and we're also thinking about San Francisco but the choice there seems poor.
I agree that the lowest 2 categories at Amangiri are more than sufficient. We had the mesa view (just a bit more than the desert view) and it was great (and closer to the spa for my husband). We absolutely loved the whole experience and would likely choose mesa view again, though we wouldn't mind if only desert view was available.

For SF, I have to say that we love the StR over the FS, RC, etc. Keep in mind that I love the SoMa area, so the StR location in SoMa is a big plus for me. This is unquestionably my favorite StR property in N. America. (I can't stand the StR New York.) I love the decor, the service, the bar, and the F&B. I'll be back again twice in the fall (work) and again in Dec (leisure). If you really want special accommodations, the Astor and Metropolitan Suites are fabulous.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 3:19 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by offerendum
@ Amangiri: One of the few hotel in the world I would recommend cheapest one....
Just for the heck of it, I tried a variety of dates on the Amangiri website going as far out as it allowed. For all the dates I tried, the two cheapest categories weren't available (assuming that suites are listed from lowest to highest on the website). Maybe they don't have many of them or maybe the website is limited on what it offers, does anyone know which is the case?

Last edited by RichardInSF; Sep 2, 2015 at 3:26 pm
Old Sep 2, 2015, 3:35 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Just for the heck of it, I tried a variety of dates on the Amangiri website going as far out as it allowed. For all the dates I tried, the two cheapest categories weren't available (assuming that suites are listed from lowest to highest on the website). Maybe they don't have many of them or maybe the website is limited on what it offers, does anyone know which is the case?
I do know from speaking with the GM during our April visit that they do get filled up very quickly in their higher seasons. It was completely booked full when we visited--and that was true for at least 5-6 months out. IME, this is the highest occupancy Aman property BY FAR. (Not to mention there are only 34 total suites of all categories!)
Old Sep 2, 2015, 6:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Nizar
Keen to hear your thoughts on this and why you chose it over Qualia ?
Reason was two-fold: (1) Qualia was sold out, and (2) I was interested in trying O&O for as long as I can remember. Sort of a bit of irrational nostalgia for something I've never tried. I was going to try BOTH, now I'm just trying one (O&O). Will let you know what I think.

First stop though....Southern Ocean Lodge, today!
Old Sep 3, 2015, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Was also the case when we visited, but Vituoso-agent was able to secure a room. So there could be a chance.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 8:16 am
Aman Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by bhrubin
I agree that the lowest 2 categories at Amangiri are more than sufficient.
Or put it like this: anything above the lowest two is not worth the extra money (until you get to the named suites). The slightly larger terrace and/or the nasty pool surrounded by walls are just not worth the extra up charge.

Last edited by xracer; Sep 3, 2015 at 8:48 am
Old Sep 3, 2015, 10:05 am

The big plus of pool suite at Amangiri

I don't care for the locations of the pools in the pool suites either but the big plus for these rooms is the sky terrace up on the roof. They have a queen size day bed up there that they will set up for sleeping at night. There are high walls all around you so no one else can see a thing and the only thing you see is the sky. All suites are of the same size here so its the personal outdoor space that you are paying for. If you can swing it the villa is really nice with all the bells and whistles. The pool is positioned perfectly and is very large.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by xracer
Or put it like this: anything above the lowest two is not worth the extra money (until you get to the named suites). The slightly larger terrace and/or the nasty pool surrounded by walls are just not worth the extra up charge.
I would agree in 99% of cases, but I absolutely love a warm pool and Amangiri is the only place I've ever been where it could go comfortably above 30°, so it wins my vote. We did sleep outside one night on the sky terrace, but after seeing a massive spider that was bigger than my head, I firmly decided against doing that again and promptly went inside.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

giri and zoe sell out during peak season, MacMyDay may be able to comment re zoe

MacMyDay, xracer stayed in girijaala with full size pool, thats what he meant by "named suites"
how deep are pools in regular suites? the length/width are certainly not bad, although privacy is
IIRC girijaala pool can/could go above 38C, making it usable even in the coldest part of winter

click "1. select dates" to see calendar showing min stay and sold out
min stay = nov 25-28 (3) / dec 22 to jan 2 (5) / jul 1 to aug 31 (3)

they only show >
13 desert view
14 mesa view
because only 1-2 of others

original amangiri site gave room counts (site had room counts for many aman, but not all)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 3, 2015 at 11:01 am
Old Sep 3, 2015, 11:39 am
Aman Contributor Badge

No short term plans but have booked Soho beach house Miami end feb and a trip to Indonesia (club at he Legian and amanjiwo) for Easter next year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.