Where are you going next?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where are you going next?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2015, 8:07 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
In the next thirty days:

FS HKG
Aman Summer Palace
Conrad Seoul
FS-Marunouchi
Delta Prince Edward Island
Old Jul 26, 2015, 9:10 pm
Suspended

Love DF.

Polanco is the neighborhood to be, therefore Las Alcobas is the place.

St. Regis was awesome.

FS isn't that great.

Wish there was an option in Condesa...
Old Jul 26, 2015, 10:22 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by pricesquire
Love DF.

Polanco is the neighborhood to be, therefore Las Alcobas is the place.

St. Regis was awesome.

FS isn't that great.

Wish there was an option in Condesa...
It was only a 10-15 min walk from the StR to the Condesa. And even though I agree about the FS, it's even a bit closer.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 6:53 am

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
MO Milan

Not usually an opening week kind of person but it just worked out that way and I really want to try it out so...
Old Jul 27, 2015, 7:14 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Just booked Blantyre (Berkshire Mountains in Massachusetts) for a one nighter in August. First time. We'll see how it goes.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 7:47 am

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Just got back from:

FS Aviara and FS Jackson Hole.

Next up are residences at Sea island, RC Grand Cayman and Esperanza.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 9:11 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by bhrubin
It was only a 10-15 min walk from the StR to the Condesa. And even though I agree about the FS, it's even a bit closer.
Totally agree re: location of the FS.

That said, I find the room product to be so. damn. drab. Why won't they update this place? My Mexico City friends (many of whom are also agents) won't touch the FS with a ten foot pole.

ps, for DF, you must try Contramar (seafood place in Condesa walking distance from FS)

And yea - not a terrible walk from StR to Condesa... but not exactly a fun one either. I'd still stay there again!
Old Jul 27, 2015, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Any notable dining recommendations in Central (Hong Kong) for a casual business dinner? I'm trying Lung King Heen (at FS) one night but looking for something lower key for the other night.

Thanks.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 8:13 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by NYBanker
Any notable dining recommendations in Central (Hong Kong) for a casual business dinner? I'm trying Lung King Heen (at FS) one night but looking for something lower key for the other night.

Thanks.
I wouldn't call Lung King Heen casual, even by business standards. It was a very dressy crowd when we were there for dinner in Jan 2014. We were underwhelmed considering its 3 Michelin stars--it was more a 2 star to us.

We are more impressed by Amber at the LMO--though it isn't any less dressy (and does lack a view). French cuisine with an Asian twist. It was spectacular...and in our opinion deserved the 3 stars more than LKH (even though it's only 2).

A bit more relaxed might be Continental and ON Dining.

Also the Cafe Grey at The Upper House is quite nice for a hotel restaurant without a celebrity chef--and has tremendous views. Or if you dine at Continental in Pacific Place, it's a short walk to/from the UH for drinks at Cafe Grey.

Last edited by bhrubin; Jul 27, 2015 at 9:54 pm
Old Jul 27, 2015, 8:56 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
I liked Lung King Heen and thought it was worthy of its 3 stars, especially at lunch for its precious, luxurious dim sum. We only had the Peking duck at dinner (that's all we could eat). I recently had dim sum at ShangXi at the Four Seasons Pudong and I would give a slight edge to Lung King Heen. I believe Forbes ranked ShangXi as the best high end restaurant in mainland China.

You probably can't go wrong with Man Wah at the MO; Amber and Caprice are well thought of.

Cafe Gray Deluxe is a solid option. I have heard of rave reviews of Mott 32 which I hope to try when I am back in HKG in August.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 9:42 pm

Thanks for your thoughts. Will look into these.

Indeed, LKH isn't casual. I was getting at the meeting being amongst business friends, not a formal business dinner. Poor wording here.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
We have a rather detailed and dedicated thread on this subject in the Hong Kong forum. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hong-...ne-dining.html
Old Jul 28, 2015, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by bhrubin
I wouldn't call Lung King Heen casual, even by business standards. It was a very dressy crowd when we were there for dinner in Jan 2014.
Have to disagree. At my dinner-stay in February 2015 I was the only person with a suit and tie. One guy even wore shorts. Would call it very casual.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:04 am

Thanks for your thoughts. Will look into these.

Indeed, LKH isn't casual. I was getting at the meeting being amongst business friends, not a formal business dinner. Poor wording here.
See if your hotel can get you into the Chairman. More casual and better food than Lung King Heen
Old Jul 28, 2015, 5:26 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. I will check the thread and look into The Chairman. I understand it to be quite good.

I have LKH booked too for a different night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.