Wiki Posts
Search

Where are you going next?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2014, 2:28 pm

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
Marbella to the Puente Romanos - great beach bar and restaurant
Marbella club- great fine dining and rooms
Finca Cortesin - great golf and afew rooms with pools!
Sunborn Gibraltar, newly opened superyacht hotel.

Oh and an old favourite Four Seasons Hampshire, for oliver the dog (ok not for the dog but he is a nice one!) but my sone LOVES their slide in the playpark, also lovely environment, furbished beautifully, wow views and a fun weekend break.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 6:12 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Tomorrow we leave for:

Paris (Park Hyatt)
Tel Aviv (Sheraton)
Istanbul (Park Hyatt)
London (Halkin)...

...with our first flights on the A380: AF F A380 LAX-CDG...and BA F A380 LHR-LAX return.

Dinners planned at:

Paris--
Guy Savoy
Joel Robuchon St. Germaine
L'Arpege

Tel Aviv--
Catit
Messa

Istanbul--
Mikla
Sunset Grill and Bar
Topaz

London--
The Ledbury hopefully!

Last edited by bhrubin; Oct 2, 2014 at 7:10 pm
Old Oct 2, 2014, 6:28 pm
Original Member

Happy landings!
Old Oct 2, 2014, 6:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bhrubin
Tomorrow we leave for:

Paris (Park Hyatt)
Tel Aviv (Sheraton)
Istanbul (Park Hyatt)
London (Halkin)...

...with our first flights on the A380: AF F A380 LAX-CDG...and BA F A380 LHR-LAX return.
Sounds like a great trip. Not sure this is the place for it, but interested in your choice of hotel for both TLV and LON.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 6:56 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by pricesquire
Sounds like a great trip. Not sure this is the place for it, but interested in your choice of hotel for both TLV and LON.
Thanks! We used pre-devaluation Hyatt points for Park King Suites at the PH Paris and Istanbul. Check!

(We normally stay at the PH, MO, Westin Vendome, or the Hotel de Vendome when in Paris, since we love the Vendome area, as you can tell. This is our first trip to Istanbul. Had the St. Regis Istanbul been open, we might have tried it.)

I'm SPG Plat 75, and I'll be in TLV alone to visit friends while my husband is at a trade show in Germany. Since there wasn't any particularly great hotel in TLV central that spoke to me, I decided to pick up SPG points and just stay at the Sheraton. (The W doesn't open until next year.) It's my second time there; last time we stayed at the Montefiore boutique hotel--very nice, but small rooms.

In London, we now always stay at the Halkin. It's our favorite in the city for the money. We love the location (quiet residential street within walking distance to almost everywhere we like to go, and it's 2 blocks off the Piccadilly line to/from Heathrow), we love the size, we love its chic, modern design, we love the service, and the rooms are spacious and very comfortable--all for a much better rate than some of the larger, more formally luxe hotels that aren't quite our style (we are Amanjunkies if that helps). We also enjoyed the new Ametsa with Arzak Instruction restaurant, and room service breakfast is amazing. The Halkin has made us big fans of COMO.

Hope that helps!
Old Oct 2, 2014, 7:36 pm
Suspended

Thanks! We used pre-devaluation Hyatt points for Park King Suites at the PH Paris and Istanbul. Check!

(We normally stay at the PH, MO, Westin Vendome, or the Hotel de Vendome when in Paris, since we love the Vendome area, as you can tell. This is our first trip to Istanbul. Had the St. Regis Istanbul been open, we might have tried it.)

I'm SPG Plat 75, and I'll be in TLV alone to visit friends while my husband is at a trade show in Germany. Since there wasn't any particularly great hotel in TLV central that spoke to me, I decided to pick up SPG points and just stay at the Sheraton. (The W doesn't open until next year.) It's my second time there; last time we stayed at the Montefiore boutique hotel--very nice, but small rooms.

In London, we now always stay at the Halkin. It's our favorite in the city for the money. We love the location (quiet residential street within walking distance to almost everywhere we like to go, and it's 2 blocks off the Piccadilly line to/from Heathrow), we love the size, we love its chic, modern design, we love the service, and the rooms are spacious and very comfortable--all for a much better rate than some of the larger, more formally luxe hotels that aren't quite our style (we are Amanjunkies if that helps). We also enjoyed the new Ametsa with Arzak Instruction restaurant, and room service breakfast is amazing. The Halkin has made us big fans of COMO.

Hope that helps!
That greatly helps!!!

I love the PH Vendome. The smell....probably the best smelling hotel around!
Old Oct 2, 2014, 10:53 pm

Programs: LH Senator, CX Diamond, UA Prem Plat, Fans of MO Elite
Looking forward Paris and Vienna in a few weeks...

Mandarin Oriental Paris
Park Hyatt Vienna

Old Oct 3, 2014, 12:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Falconflyer Gold, The Ritz-Carlton Silver
1. The Fullerton Bay Hotel, Singapore
2. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok
3. Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong
4. Mandarin Oriental, Macau
5. Hilton GardenInn, Aberdeen

Unconfirmed:

1. Shangri-La, London

Last edited by malioil; Oct 7, 2014 at 7:36 am
Old Oct 3, 2014, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
London--
The Ledbury hopefully!
One of my favourites
Old Oct 3, 2014, 12:07 pm

We have added some destinations in our schedule
- Balmoral Edinburgh (October)
- Peninsula Hong Kong (December)
- Mamilla Jerusalem & the Norman Tel Aviv (December/January)
- Aman Canal Grande (March)
- Peninsula Manilla & Amanpulo (March/April)
Old Oct 3, 2014, 12:57 pm
Original Member

LAX today, BHH.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 11:18 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Oct : MOHK

Nov : After some dithering , SLA or Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet ; we will be at Four Seasons Istanbul at the Bosphorus

Amanpuri
Old Oct 7, 2014, 7:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Falconflyer Gold, The Ritz-Carlton Silver
Originally Posted by FlyerEC

Nov : After some dithering , SLA or Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet ; we will be at Four Seasons Istanbul at the Bosphorus

Amanpuri

Three very excellent choices- you can't go wrong with either FS in Istanbul, though my personal preference (and a very slight one at that) is for the Sultanahmet. I hope to be able to stick a quick weekend there again before the year is out.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 3:43 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by FlyerEC

Amanpuri
Heading tomorrow to the PH Istanbul but hoping to have lunch at the FS Sultanahmet and have drinks to check out the FS Bosphorus (and Ciragan if time permits).

In Tel Aviv now after having been at the PH Vendome Paris last weekend.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 4:45 am

Heading tomorrow to the PH Istanbul but hoping to have lunch at the FS Sultanahmet and have drinks to check out the FS Bosphorus (and Ciragan if time permits).
If it fits your schedule (and provided it's not too cold), would suggest to have drinks on the FS Sultanahmet roof terrace at sunset - great view of Haghia Sophia and the Bosphorus, and they also serve light snacks. The restaurant is fine - nice and peaceful setting in the interior courtyard, but the food is not exceptionally special.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.