Amangiri (Utah)

Old Oct 22, 2014, 1:24 pm

Programs: Skymiles Plat/1MM, United Prem, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
I was at Amangiri in April and loved it because it was cool. The nights got (for me) pleasantly cold and with the fireplaces going, it was great. The day temps varied but I never wore more than a light fleece. It's possible to see snow (which I wouldn't have minded at all). Just beware - as several here have also said - that food can be problematic.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 2:52 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by lb8001
I was at Amangiri in April and loved it because it was cool. The nights got (for me) pleasantly cold and with the fireplaces going, it was great. The day temps varied but I never wore more than a light fleece. It's possible to see snow (which I wouldn't have minded at all). Just beware - as several here have also said - that food can be problematic.
Thanks! I also prefer cool or cold to warm, and I despise hot. And I know that there are mixed reviews on the food. The fact is that it's Aman, it's very remote, and it's the only luxe option in this entire region to see the national parks/sights. At least Amangiri includes full board in the room rate, so you don't have to worry about it and know the full price up front.

We've had some mixed food experiences at a few Aman properties, most notably Aman Summer Palace (poor restaurant service & some bland food), Amansara (a few bland dishes, even though I overall loved the food), Amanwana (lack of variety and bland), and even Amankila (special dinner not particularly tasty for the price)...but overall were pleased enough. It's a risk I'm willing to endure to visit the region.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 3:17 pm

Programs: Skymiles Plat/1MM, United Prem, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
Agreed - the area is amazingly cool and I really like the design of the resort. I think you'll have an excellent time at that time of year (being a fellow "likes cold/hates heat" person)
Old Jun 5, 2015, 3:15 pm
Community Director Emerita

Has anyone looked at several of the desert view suites? If so, did you feel that there was a difference in the view? If so, what do you recommend?
Old Jun 5, 2015, 3:50 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Has anyone looked at several of the desert view suites? If so, did you feel that there was a difference in the view? If so, what do you recommend?
I've not seen the view from the desert wing but I'm sure it's still a beautiful view . the main difference would be the part of the hotel it's in. If you plan on going to the spa/fitness area much then either you have to walk through the main pavillion or walk around via the pool area- not terribly convenient. We booked a desert view and got the virtuoso upgrade to the mesa view. Our suite, 32 was just past the fitness area/spa which meant that we didn't get too much foot traffic and so it was nice and quiet. I really enjoyed where we were because of access to pretty much everything...

GFW
Old Jun 5, 2015, 3:55 pm

We stayed in the Mesa pool suite for 3 nights, then the Desert view suite for 2 nights; this was simply because I left it too late to book, so the pool suite was not available for all 5 nights. I'm not really someone who cares to pay extra for a better view, as it doesn't bother me and I don't feel it adds value....however, I would say the Mesa side view is better, and also you're closer to the main resort, including the spa, main restaurant and pool.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 10:15 am

While I would say the Desert View is better, given the distance from the common areas (spa, fitness center, etc) found in the Mesa Wing.

In terms of the view, I don't personally think you would experience much of a difference amongst any of the Desert wing rooms.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 11:36 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
We managed a look at several of the Desert view suites while we recently stayed in a Mesa View Suite (with a friend who stayed in a different Mesa View Suite)i in late April. To be honest, the view is appealing from all of them--the property is just so well designed and situated.

The Mesa View wing is closer to the Spa, which sits behind that wing (it was just 20-25 feet from the entry to our Mesa View suite). That's really the only big difference (and the stairs you have to go up/down from the Desert view wing to reach the lobby/pool main area, unlike from the Mesa view wing).

Rarely would I say this to you, but I think you're overthinking this. You can't go wrong at Amangiri.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 7:16 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by bhrubin
Rarely would I say this to you, but I think you're overthinking this. You can't go wrong at Amangiri.
Good to know. Thanks to all who took the time to respond.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.