Wiki Posts
Search

Luxury hotel reviews in London

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2009, 2:07 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Originally Posted by Shangri-La
The Malaysian investor must have a combo of big money and a desire to create something special.
I wonder if this Malaysian investor is also backing the FS KUL.....
Old Jul 27, 2009, 3:43 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
seems the ongs (como resorts, malaysian) bought FS london in 1984, and then sold to kingdom hotels in 1997. and then in 2007 >
Yes, B.S. Ong owned FS London for many years before Kingdom. He is from Singapore, not Malaysia.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ABG
Yes, B.S. Ong owned FS London for many years before Kingdom. He is from Singapore, not Malaysia.
seems he has lived in singapore for decades, but was born in malaysia, and is a malaysian citizen, while his wife is a citizen of singapore.
Originally Posted by luxury
I wonder if this Malaysian investor is also backing the FS KUL.....
the ongs also appear to be behind FS KUL and the attached retail component.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jul 27, 2009 at 4:04 pm
Old Jul 27, 2009, 3:54 pm

Ong Seng Beng apparently owns the FS SIN, Bali, Maldives and is indeed behind the FS KUL project.....
Old Jul 27, 2009, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ong Seng Beng apparently owns the FS SIN, Bali, Maldives and is indeed behind the FS KUL project.....
http://www.fundinguniverse.com/compa...y-History.html
HPL's purchase of a 50 percent stake in Singapore's Four Seasons Hotel in 1984, in partnership with longtime business ally Prince Al Waleed Bin Talal bin Abdulaziz Al Saud. Prince Al Waleed also became an important investor in HPL.
very interesting stuff.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jul 27, 2009 at 4:06 pm
Old Jul 28, 2009, 3:09 am
Suspended

Hello to everyone here - there are some really great reviews here and thought i'd approach you by asking if at all possible to review some hotels for the company I work for. Good or bad - we'd like your opinion as essentially it's people like you who make the difference. I'm from K from Gekko or http://gekko.com - come and say hello or even join our facebook or twitter pages to join our community
Old Jul 28, 2009, 3:12 am

Programs: aadvantage platinum, united premier, Northwest Gold Elite
I am pretty sure Ong Seng Beng does own the FS SIN, Bali, and Maldives.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
seems the ongs (como resorts, malaysian) bought FS london in 1984, and then sold to kingdom hotels in 1997. and then in 2007 >

or was it just a 50% stake? so maybe FS + ongs then FS + kingdom?

and doesnt FS still own vancouver?
I believe that BS Ong did at one time have a stake in the FS London, just as Kingdom did, but Issy owned the majority share since 1970. His wife, Rosalie, used to be very active on the interior design front at this hotel - it was like their second home.

BS Ong owned FS Canary Wharf when it opened, but then sold it.

Last edited by vuittonsofstyle; Jul 28, 2009 at 5:11 am Reason: addition
Old Aug 19, 2009, 12:24 am

Some more details on the FS London Park Lane re-construction......

http://www.caterersearch.com/Article...park-lane.html
Old Aug 19, 2009, 2:22 am

i believe the Ongs have a stake in the FS shanghai property and possibly FS mexico city too.

other FS owned by malaysians would be [ either in part or wholly ] the Four Seasins des bergues Geneva - i wonder if they are the same people who bought the Fourseasons London mayfair.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 11:28 pm

Some more details on the FS London Park Lane re-construction......

http://www.caterersearch.com/Article...park-lane.html
A little more info: http://www.hotelsmag.com/article/CA6676801.html

Sounds like it's going to be pretty nice. I wonder what kind of restaurant they will have.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 2:22 am

My english is not so good, what do they call "wet rooms"? Does it mean there is a giant bathroom with no proper shower stall?
Old Aug 21, 2009, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric
My english is not so good, what do they call "wet rooms"? Does it mean there is a giant bathroom with no proper shower stall?
The concept of wet rooms was started by Park Hyatt (you can see wet rooms at PH Tokyo). Normally a large walk-in shower is open to the rest of the bathroom (no door), but sometimes a tub is also included at the opposite end of the room.

FS have yet to decide upon the exact menu style of the new restaurant - it is still early days as the hotel does not open until 4th quarter 2010.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
The concept of wet rooms was started by Park Hyatt (you can see wet rooms at PH Tokyo). Normally a large walk-in shower is open to the rest of the bathroom (no door), but sometimes a tub is also included at the opposite end of the room.

FS have yet to decide upon the exact menu style of the new restaurant - it is still early days as the hotel does not open until 4th quarter 2010.
Ok, thank you for the information. I once stayed at Grand Hyatt Mumbai, I guess it was the same bathroom lay out.^

I thought that FS London would open earlier! It's still a long time from now!
Old Aug 21, 2009, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric
I thought that FS London would open earlier! It's still a long time from now!
They are essentially re-creating the hotel, so it's more like a new build than a refurbishment - everything has been gutted completely and even the exterior is being re-faceted, so end 2010 is quite realistic for such a big job. I miss this hotel like mad!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.