Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Paris luxury hotels (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris luxury hotels (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2009, 9:09 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
NYE at Le George

We just completed a stay at Le George which included New Year's Eve. The George V remains my favourite hotel in Paris and the service is as good as ever. We booked an Executive Suite with the request of a terrace AND Eiffel Tower view. As the hotel was sold out, we were not upgraded but our requests were honoured and we had a very large terrace and a fantastic view of the Tour Eiffel.

There was a hotel guest only party in the Salon Anglaise which went on until 5am. The atmosphere was very festive and made the stay, as usual, very enjoyable.
Old Jan 3, 2009, 9:12 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
My ranking of Paris hotels is as follows:

1. Four Seasons George V
2. Hotel de Crillon
3. Le Grand Hotel Inter-Continental
4. Hotel Le Bristol
5. Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme
6. Plaza Athenée
Old Jun 2, 2009, 11:02 pm

Paris Park Hyatt Vendome or ...

I'm trying to stay in a luxury property for less than $650 US/night. I've managed a rate of 620 euros for 5 nights deluxe twin at the Park Hyatt vendome, including breakfast. The price is a little high but we like the look and feel of modern hotels. Now...while perhaps not luxury, I hear that the Renaissance Arc de triomphe is very modern and just opened. I can get a junior suite (42 sq meters/400+sq ft) there, (no breakfast) for 470 euros/night. Would appreciate thoughts on which one to go with...

Don't know if the Rennaissance location (200 meters from the arc) is a great location...any thought? We do like the fact that it's modern, brand new and apparently has good service. Is it more likely to get upgraded at a brand new place?

..or is park hyatt worth it with the breakfast at a cost of almost $200/night more...
Old Jun 3, 2009, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
For a random date in July (Thu 23rd) I got LeGrand - no 3 on Luxury's list above - for Euro 176 via tinyurl.com/ihgjenni However, the Classic rooms are very small so I'd look to pay a supplement on arrival for something bigger or to take club access on top. The club level is one of the best you'll ever find with good quality food and drink throughout the day together with waiter-served free flowing champagne in the evening.

Alternatively, 2-4-1 rates on all room categories at LeGrand are available via priorityclub.com/boots or http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/...rateCode=IDEX1 or heavily discounted at priorityclub.com/exclusive . Note that the 2-4-1 deal for LeGrand is coded incorrectly and if you try to book online you will be charged for both nights - ring them up and they will do it for you at 2 nights for the price shown for 1 night. These brings a room down to as low as Euro 230 but you can at least choose from other categories if you want.

Euro 650 is laughable in the current climate unless its the FS.

Last edited by Raffles; Jun 3, 2009 at 2:35 am
Old Jun 7, 2009, 1:44 pm
In memoriam

My brother was in Paris about 2 weeks ago. A virtuoso agent got him what I thought was an exceptionally good deal at Le Grand Hotel Inter-Continental (very large room with club access and a view of the Opera? - it was a view of something) - although I don't remember exactly what he paid (somehow 350ish euros sticks in my mind). He said occupancy in the hotel wasn't terrific - so he didn't have any trouble checking in at 9 am without a "red eye" arrival booking. Enjoyed his stay (his first in Paris). So you might check out that property. Robyn
Old Jun 7, 2009, 2:35 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Raffles
....Euro 650 is laughable in the current climate unless its the FS.
Tend to agree but I was just at the PH Paris and the lowest FHR rate for me was EUR507. This included breakfast, $100 house credit (which doesn't go very far), and the upgrade on check-in. Was upgraded to a large suite overlooking the Rue St Honore, but this was most likely due to my Hyatt status, not the FHR upgrade. Nice to see free internet too, this is for Hyatt elites but it looked like they were giving it to everyone.

The hotel was full of people there for the French open tennis tournament, which might also explain why they weren't charging depression-era rates at the time.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
It will be. The middle Saturday of Wimbledon is probably the most expensive weekend of the year to get a hotel room in London.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 9:25 pm
BLV

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Tend to agree but I was just at the PH Paris and the lowest FHR rate for me was EUR507. This included breakfast, $100 house credit (which doesn't go very far), and the upgrade on check-in. Was upgraded to a large suite overlooking the Rue St Honore, but this was most likely due to my Hyatt status, not the FHR upgrade. Nice to see free internet too, this is for Hyatt elites but it looked like they were giving it to everyone.

The hotel was full of people there for the French open tennis tournament, which might also explain why they weren't charging depression-era rates at the time.
I'm at the Park Hyatt as I type. Flew in the day of the final and reserved 24 hrs prior to arrival. Got 470eu for, what I'm guessing, is one of their smallest rooms. Didn't get an upgrade, which is fine with me because this was a spur of the moment 2 night trip in order to see Fed win, but have consistently gotten upgraded on previous week-long stays to what looks like a Park Suite King with rue de la Paix/Vendome views. Hotel is fully booked, obviously because of RG and lots of tennis greats were spotted here. Along with the Greatest Of All Time, who was having his big celebration at hotel's restaurant PUR (which isn't bad at all, btw, but I obviously digress) last night
Old Jun 15, 2009, 9:32 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by merlia
i would like to spent one month in paris . can u sugeest some luxury hotels in parris

---------------------
Cheap fare hotels
I am sure there are people who know more about this than I do - but since you haven't received a reply...

We had a friend (recently deceased) who spent about 6 weeks a year in Paris at the George V for almost 40 years. The hotel would negotiate a very nice rate for him for his stays. I suggest that you contact the hotel(s) you're interested in and ask them to quote you rates for your stay - and what "extras" they might throw in (breakfast - laundry - etc.). I would also contact a travel agent with experience/expertise in Paris - and see what rates/extras the agent can negotiate.

Will you be in Paris for business or leisure? If business - what part of town would be most convenient for you? Robyn
Old Jun 16, 2009, 8:20 am

Paris for a month

Four Seasons Hotel George V, Paris (negotiate a rate with the GM, Christopher Norton).

Plaza Athenee, Paris.

Le Meurice, Paris.

Hospes Lancaster, Paris.

Avoid all else unless you are on a budget
Old Jun 16, 2009, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

vuittonsofstyle, what have you heard about la reserve?

homesaway and villazzo offer paris apts with local hosts, housekeeping, etc.
villazzo also includes limo transfers and bellman.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 16, 2009 at 9:00 am
Old Jun 16, 2009, 8:33 am

For a long stay you can try la Réserve:
http://www.lareserve-paris.com/english/#/home/
Old Jun 16, 2009, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i just dont understand why their 1BR rate is so expensive. simply to control bookings?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/9043988-post86.html

looks like they dropped 3 nt min. so rates are either 1 nt min or 7 nt min.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 16, 2009 at 8:58 am
Old Jun 16, 2009, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
vuittonsofstyle, what have you heard about la reserve?

homesaway and villazzo offer paris apts with local hosts, housekeeping, etc.
villazzo also includes limo transfers and bellman.
It only opened June 1, so I have not heard anything about it. I have stayed at la Reserve Geneva and was not impressed - lots of design elements (Jacques Garcia parrots everywhere) but not great service. The quality of the rooms/suites was superficial. Its location is great, on the edge of the lake, but given the competition in Geneva (FS & MO) unless you want a resort hotel for kids, then I don't see the point.

La Reserve Ramatuelle reminds me of a Ferragamo style property (Portrait Suites) - an up-market B&B. I guess it's fine for long-stays, but I prefer proper hotels.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ramatuelle opened june 1. very small - 23 rooms from €400 and 12 4BR+ villas from ~€2100.

paris has been open a while. i presume you were referring to it in your last comment.

at top paris hotels seems like a kitchen will run you ~€3500.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 17, 2009 at 11:21 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.