Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Nicest/best hotel room/suite you've stayed in

Nicest/best hotel room/suite you've stayed in

Old Oct 28, 2011, 8:39 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Well ive never really had any insanely nice rooms, cant afford the suites, but im easily impressed with nice basic rooms

1) Basic room at the new W Taipei, went a few days after it opened for 1 night, loved the design, very modern and minimal, great view on an upper floor, loved the back lighting and the brand new BMW 7 series that picked me up at the airport

2) 4 points Milan, checked into our hostel and it was horrible, called SPG, booked basic room from the cab, got upgraded to a club level workout room. Great high roof, tons of molding and great woodwork. Rainfall shower, bathroom was 3 mini rooms in itself.

3) Sheraton Norfolk, upgraded to a nice corner suite, little patio, nothing amazing, but plenty of room to walk around and unwind. Only downside was being woken up at 7 AM by the people in the next room going at it...quite vigorously......

Last edited by xolinlevh; Oct 28, 2011 at 8:46 pm
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:00 am

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Gold, SkyMiles Dirt
In no particular order:

-Suite at the Excelsior Rome Opulence and faded grandeur
-Suite at Amandari Setting and simplicity
-Premier room at Landmark Mandarin Oriental HK Best urban hotel room
Old Nov 29, 2011, 7:48 am

Banyan tree.

Banyan tree Acapulco. Amazing service!!!! And hotel.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 8:43 am

The nicest is not the most expensive but I have several nice memories:
- Escape Water Villa at Coco Palm Bodhu Hithi (even if it's not considered a real luxury property), it was our first private plunge pool, the lay-out was great,
- Park Suite at Four Seasons Park Lane, with fireplace, like a true appartment,
- Suite Winston Churchill at Hotel du Palais Biarritz, big with a fantastic 180 view over the Ocean,
- Executive Suite at Mandarin-Oriental NYC, same feeling as FSPL (impression to be at home in a small flat),
- Sveti Stefan Suite at Aman Sveti Stefan (probably one of the best),
- Executive Suite at Bellagio (not that great but really huge).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.