Search

Nicest/best hotel room/suite you've stayed in

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2009, 11:30 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Suite 30H, The Waldorf Towers

Just completed a stay at the Waldorf Towers and received an extra-ordinary upgrade from a 1 BR Luxury suite to a 2 BR Historic Suite, 30H, which is (unfortunately in certain ways) a favourite of Paris Hilton.

The suite is humongous, about 2500 sq ft and has 2 BR, formal dining room for 8, kitchen, maid or staff quarter, large living room, large entry foyer and 2.5 baths. The floor, with the exception of the bedrooms, is hardwood with beautiful carpets and the ceilings feature beautifully ornate plaster work and mouldings along with several chandeliers.

The master bedroom and the boudoir feature handpainted frescoes on the walls and there appears to be quite a few original period antiques throughout the suite.

Definitely one of THE nicest suites I have ever had in my travels.
Old May 26, 2009, 1:33 pm

Luxury in the majestic Adirondack Mountains

Sweeping lake views, hand-made beds, large private baths and exceptional service are what draw us to The Point Resort, year after year.

Being avid New Yorkers and having experienced the luxury that is in New York City, our experience at The Point is one that is so far, unmatched. If one of the end-results of time away or vacations is for reflection and reconnection to the self and what is truly important, this gem in the classic Adirondack Mountains is one that remains as a soft spot in the memory and one for conversations at great lengths afterward.

http://www.thepointresort.com
Old Aug 16, 2009, 11:11 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Deluxe Harbour View Suite at the Peninsula in Hong Kong.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 8:13 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
Enchantment Resort (Sedona), 275 - not the biggest or fanciest Casita, but the views are hard to beat and I love the hotel and how it is nestled into the red rocks.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 8:17 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver.
Originally Posted by luxury
Just completed a stay at the Waldorf Towers and received an extra-ordinary upgrade from a 1 BR Luxury suite to a 2 BR Historic Suite, 30H,
Hope we have the same luck next week
Old Aug 17, 2009, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

removed

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 19, 2012 at 1:14 pm
Old Aug 17, 2009, 2:41 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
3-Way Tie

Three most memorable were surprise suite upgrades at the Four Seasons Whistler, Pierre in NY and Four Seasons Chicago (although the 2 twin beds were odd there - slept in fear of falling out).
Old Aug 26, 2009, 9:23 am

Programs: United, Delta, Southwest, AA, IHG, Starwood, Hilton
A two-bedroom villa at the new Banyan Tree Mayakoba in Mexico with my own swimming pool, hot tub, outdoor tub and shower, and separate living room pavilion. As big as my house at home...
Old Aug 26, 2009, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yahtzee
Three most memorable were surprise suite upgrades at the Four Seasons Whistler, Pierre in NY and Four Seasons Chicago (although the 2 twin beds were odd there - slept in fear of falling out).
Would you be able to share more on the type of suite you received and why they were spectacular?
Old Aug 26, 2009, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by Pickles
Honored to be lumped among such august company. Anyway, here are a few I can think of, which I did by mentally scrolling through geography. I can't really rank them, except the last one, which I think is my all-time favorite, for some strange reason. Also, some of these were quite modest in price, including my all-time favorite, which was I believe no more than $150 USD or so.

(1) One-bedroom suite on the 5th floor facing the beach at the Copacabana Palace in Rio. I felt like a movie star from the 1950's. Thank you FHR. B Watson claims the existence of a 6th floor in this building, with even more exciting suites plus a private swimming pool.
(2) Amanjiwo room facing Borobudur in Central Java.
(3) Amanusa double upgrade suite (thanks again FHR), facing the ocean with its own pool.
(4) FS Punta Mita suite facing the ocean, with its own pool. This was during my honeymoon.
(5) A "cottage" at Royal Malewane in Thornybush, Kruger, South Africa. This place was amazing. It was on a raised platform, had indoor/outdoor showers and a small pool. The "indoor" shower was one of those rainshowers, but there were no shades/curtains in the bathroom, so you could shower while the animals took their bath outside at the watering hole.
(6) PHT one-bedroom suite, although I prefer the corner Park rooms with a view of Mt. Fuji from the bathroom.
(7) Tawaraya and Hiiragiya Ryokans in Kyoto. Full-service indeed, great hot tubs.
(8) A room with a garden view at the Japanese wing at the Kyoto Miyako.
(9) One-bedroom suite facing Central Park in winter at the Trump International in Columbus Circle, NY.
(10) One of the theme suites at the Mandarin Singapore. One room had the bedroom and bathroom, the other had the living room, and the third had a dining room for 12 people. Thanks again FHR.
(11) A corner harborview suite at the MO in HK during a class 8-9 typhoon. The MO, in their infinite wisdom, have installed double pane windows at all the balcony windows and doors. But not just regular double-pane, but the two pieces of glass are separated by about 1 foot of cork lining around the edges. While the typhoon raged outside (unbelievable winds and very, very loud), the inside of the room was anticlimactically quiet. The room itself could use some "refreshing", but I imagine they are working on it. Knowing HK, this might involve tearing the whole building down and starting again, but so be it.
(12) My all-time favorite. Room #401 here. It was during my honeymoon. This room was very simply furnished, but it had this incredible 360 degree view of the Japan inland sea, plus the wall art were Keith Haring lithographs and paintings. The building, designed by Tadao Ando, has to be one of the more impressive buildings I've been in.
Wow, forgot about this thread. Time for a refresh:

(13) Two story villa at MO Chiang Mai. Top floor was bedroom, bottom floor had a kitchen, sauna, dining room, piano, outdoor pool.
(14) Noel Coward suite at the MO Bangkok. Was there for a wedding, bride was daughter of an aristocratic Thai, closed off the entire Author's wing for the weekend, felt like a colonial, being attended to hand and foot by dedicated staff while drinking single malt and smoking stogies.
(15) Moegi room at Asaba Ryokan. 150 square meter tatami room, with 1.5 bathrooms, full Japanese cedar bathtub and balcony.
(16) 6th floor suite at the Hyatt Regency Kyoto. Beautiful Japanese bathrooms, balcony overlooking 300 year old garden.
(17) Ambassador suite at GHHK. 140 square meters of stuff.
(18) The Amanwana tent...
Old Aug 26, 2009, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by luxury
Would you be able to share more on the type of suite you received and why they were spectacular?
Some of it was context; all were solo trips -- for The Pierre I was in school and was there on an interview trip. The whole idea of a suite with domed food from room service just blew my doors off.

At the FS Whistler, the decor was exactly to my tastes, the views of the mountains were great, 2 full bathrooms, nice balcony.

The best part of the FS Chicago was the view of Lake Michigan and the pure size of the rooms.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yahtzee
Some of it was context; all were solo trips -- for The Pierre I was in school and was there on an interview trip. The whole idea of a suite with domed food from room service just blew my doors off.
I hear you.... I attended a UN Association of Canada student conference in Montreal during my undergrad and the venue hotel was the Westin (now Omni). I was blown away that they knew who I was whenever I phoned any department -- seems so silly to me now that it was simply caller ID but back then, wow, I was SO impressed...... I like to think I was naive at that time@:-)
Old Mar 30, 2010, 2:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold
3br suite at grand hyatt in Beijing....not that impressive views, but I remember the walk - man that thing was a long way from the elevators

Memorable for me as on my relaxing stay ended the moment I stepped out of the hotel limo and into a 3 day nightmare getting home thanks to an airline strike.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 6:40 pm

Just got back from Thailand, and it has to be a pool suite at the Four Seasons Chiang Mai.....heaven!!
Old Mar 31, 2010, 7:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold,, Marriott Plat
Mine has to be the 2-bedroom suite at the Bellagio hotel, Las Vegas. Floor to ceiling windows looking over the fountains and onto the "strip". Steam/shower unit and enough room for a full sized pull-out couch in the bathroom. Large flat screen tv's in each bedroom as well as souround-sound in living area and a full size wet bar....stocked !!! Very Posh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.