Nicest/best hotel room/suite you've stayed in

Subscribe
Quote:
St. Regis Hotel, San Francisco, Huge one bedroom suite with two baths, ultra contemporary decor, great city views, loved the dark wood floors, plasma tvs on the walls, an interesting change from ' old world ' furnishings.
If you like modern design hotel and do not mind so much about practical aspects then this is the perfect place. Every person there is very friendly and helpful.

There was very little hanging closet space in our suite bedroom.
There were no rail to hang the towels to dry after use so they have to
be changed after each use. Extreme waste of energy.

Many minor things that should not happen in a luxury hotel: e.g.
One turn-down they took away the wet towels but did not leave dry ones. Bath soap is too big to fit in the soap dish. One morning they did not clean the breakfast table although I have called them. One morning no newspaper, anothor morning not the one that I have asked.

The swimming pool is very nice. Water is pleasantly warm, but there is
no dressing room to change swim suit after swimming.
Hotel Bristol, Paris.
Our suite was recently renovated, large, airy, has large patio. Very beautiful and light.
I would like to add the Two Bedroom Villa Suite on the players' floor at the MGM Grand Macau to my previous nominees. We stayed there in May, and the room was fantastic. Supposedly only available to high-rollers, we were lucky to get it as we have some connections to the hotel management.

Nearing 4,000 square feet, the room was wide and spacious, with a perfect ocean view. There was a master bedroom with a king-sized bed, while the other bedroom had two queen-sized beds. Assuming the layout was designed for VIPs and their entourage or perhaps bodyguards, I was surprised that the guest bedroom had a much nicer and larger bathroom.

Without a doubt, this was the largest bathroom I had ever seen in a hotel. My guess is that it was at least 1,000 square feet. There was an infinity tub in the front center, and behind it were two toilets near the wall on either side, and then a huge shower area between the toilets that is bigger than most normal hotel rooms. In the shower area were actually two full sets of showers with all the features you can imagine; spa heads, hand-held showers, and very large, square rain showers. Above the shower area was a beautiful, one-of-a-kind Dale Chihuly chandelier. All partitions were glass so you can see the entire bathroom from any corner.

The bathroom in the master bedroom was no slouch either. Though roughly half the size of the other bathroom, it had a large single shower room with marble bench, island bathtub, and a separate toilet room.

The bedrooms were nice and large, with 42" HD flatscreens that were controlled with Crestron remotes, as did the living room. Like the Skylofts at the MGM Grand in Vegas, the remotes in the bedrooms and living room also controlled the Lutron lighting as well as the motorized drapes and blinds. There was also a B&O stereo system in the living room. The only difference was I thought the A/V system was slightly better at the Skylofts as this room lacked the iPod dock and the abundance of HD channels for the televisions, though that has more to do with being in Macau than anything.

In the huge open living room was another Chihuly chandelier, mahjong table, and designer living room sofa set. Attached to the living room was the dining area, with a large 10 person round dining table. Like many flats in Asia, there is no partition between the living and dining room areas.

Also included in the room was a large full-range kitchen, much larger than that of the Skylofts, and a separate karaoke room, which could fit 5-6 people comfortably, and which was decorated very nicely. The sound and video system was superb, and the room could be doubled as a home theatre.

Overall, I would have to say it's in my top three hotel rooms that I have stayed in, and probably the top in terms of the utilizing the most expensive materials and decor.
the Dharmawangsa Suite
Hard to choose, but The Dharmawangsa Suite at The Dharmawangsa in Jakarta was really special as it had a private pool on the balcony - lit at turn-down by rows of tea candles.
I also love the 2-bedroom suites at Four Seasons Provence.
Little Ongava in Namibia
It had a huge living area, plunge pool, sundeck, separate sala, additional outdoor shower and a great view of the private game park. What makes it more special are the hyrax (or rock rabbits) scampering around outside and the beautiful birds taking a dunk in the plunge pool. They call it a suite but it's more a villa and perhaps does not qualify.
Quote: I would like to add the Two Bedroom Villa Suite on the players' floor at the MGM Grand Macau to my previous nominees. We stayed there in May, and the room was fantastic. Supposedly only available to high-rollers, we were lucky to get it as we have some connections to the hotel management. ........
Would you mind posting pics of the suite? Thanks!
Quote: Would you mind posting pics of the suite? Thanks!
I would love to, but that's one thing I forgot to do, which is to take photos. Still kicking myself!
Oberoi, Udaivilas, Udaipur, India
The Kohinoor suite is is very large, luxurious, beautifully furnished suite. It has own large private outdoor pool and furnished terrace.
Oberoi's Kohinoor Suites
Quote: The Kohinoor suite is is very large, luxurious, beautifully furnished suite. It has own large private outdoor pool and furnished terrace.
Just stayed there for the second time. Yes, it is good, but not as amazing as others I have seen.

The Kohinoor Suite at The Oberoi Amarvilas is spectacular - no pool, but brilliant views of the Taj Mahal even from the bathroom.

The Kohinoor Suite at The Oberoi Rajvilas is huge - two bedroom pavilions and a full size outdoor pool.

The Kohinoor suite at the Oberoi New Delhi has its own fitness and spa areas, office, dining room, massive living room and so much space that you lose yourself.
this thread deserves a bump
Amanpulo
Casita at Amanpulo...
Your own house with a golf cart to get around the island
Amazing view of the Sulu Sea but private enough you don't see anybody
Outdoor deck with sunbeds and hammock.
King bed/ large desk area and seperate dressing/bathroom.
Great shower.
Great decorating---very comfortable like your own house.
And the best service I have ever experianced.
Too many to mention, but recently, Amanbagh (the most amazing service and spa treatments), Four Seasons Florence (incredible property, service and food) and Four Seasons Istanbul (views, views, views, service and wonderful suites).
Hotel Grand Leveque (sp) in Paris
Two bedroom suite with huge living room and 2 baths, great views- at the Four Seasons NYC- that was once in a lifetime

Also, much less so (just not as big), Premier Laguna Room at the MO Riviera Maya

There are a few rooms at the Hotel Bel Air in LA that I have also loved
Amanpuri Villa #11
3  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19