Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St Lucia

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2017, 10:14 am
Original Poster

St Lucia

We've been invited to a wedding next year in St Lucia in late April, I will currently have a 6month old baby who can't be left in Hong Kong (or with family in the UK). The wedding is held in an adults only all inclusive resort so we need to look elsewhere for places to stay.

So we're looking at taking mum who can be babysit, any personal recommendations for St Lucia? We're strongly considering Sugar Beach as they have two bed cottages, but other hotels which are baby friendly, luxury and have the option of two bed suites/villas/cottages are very welcome.

Or do we sod the wedding and go back to Amanpulo again as flying from HK it's a long old trip with a baby!
Old Aug 18, 2017, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG, RC
Stayed at sugar Beach two year ago for two weeks (Thanksgiving of 2015). Cottages are nice, we were initially in 506 and then moved to 318 which we preferred for the views. The property has a good kids club, beach is small but private and nice, can get a few cruise shippers coming on in the afternoon so they can get pictures with the pitons at their back. The service was good, food was good but limited (especially after such a long stay) but we easily went to the other nearby resorts for dinner (Chocolat, etc). Sugar Beach is secluded from any sort of night life, and it gets quite on the property quite early. We enjoyed the seclusion and quite though, at the time we were with our 6month old and 2yr old. The staff friendly and some of them are very fascinated by young kids.
I've never been to Amanpulo (its on my list) but I can assure you Sugar Beach doesn't hold a light to Amanpulo after the many stellar things I have heard about Amanpulo on this forum. They simply aren't in the same league.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 5:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TravelPenguin
Stayed at sugar Beach two year ago for two weeks (Thanksgiving of 2015). Cottages are nice, we were initially in 506 and then moved to 318 which we preferred for the views. The property has a good kids club, beach is small but private and nice, can get a few cruise shippers coming on in the afternoon so they can get pictures with the pitons at their back. The service was good, food was good but limited (especially after such a long stay) but we easily went to the other nearby resorts for dinner (Chocolat, etc). Sugar Beach is secluded from any sort of night life, and it gets quite on the property quite early. We enjoyed the seclusion and quite though, at the time we were with our 6month old and 2yr old. The staff friendly and some of them are very fascinated by young kids.
I've never been to Amanpulo (its on my list) but I can assure you Sugar Beach doesn't hold a light to Amanpulo after the many stellar things I have heard about Amanpulo on this forum. They simply aren't in the same league.
Thanks for the advice, the cottages do look good. I'm not looking for any crazy nightlife, but I think we might be doing some dinners out. Did you hire a car?
I was tempted to see how much charter flights are to Turks and Caicos to try out Amanyara.

I would highly recommend Amanpulo (the cause of said baby!) the food, location and staff are outstanding.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 6:05 am

We've been to St Lucia 3 times and each time stayed at the Sugar Beach (much prefer the original name before Viceroy took over - The Jalousie Plantation!) - the last time was in May this year. The location is truly stunning - a World Heritage site set in a Marine Park right between the Pitons. This time we also stayed at the Capella in Marigot Bay for a few days to keep the cost down - it's nice in a lovely setting but nowhere near the standard of the Sugar Beach.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 10:02 am

kmills84 we didn't hire a car but I wish we had since cabs can get expensive. I would definitely suggest renting one if you are up to it. Try the restaurant at Chocolat Hotel just up the hill we found it very good. Amanyara is peaceful secluded and sublime. We love it.
T&C is one of our favorite easy destinations. We were married there years ago and have returned every year since with the exception of this year due in part to my own obligations at the moment which don't permit much travel. Can't wait for 2018 to get back to traveling.
Would you say Amanpulo is an equally amazing destination with kids in tow? Or should I leave it for our sans kids trip (we do one sans kids trip a year)?

Originally Posted by kmills84
Thanks for the advice, the cottages do look good. I'm not looking for any crazy nightlife, but I think we might be doing some dinners out. Did you hire a car?
I was tempted to see how much charter flights are to Turks and Caicos to try out Amanyara.

I would highly recommend Amanpulo (the cause of said baby!) the food, location and staff are outstanding.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 10:06 am

Oh kmills84 as another side note we used to resorts old rum sail ship or whatever for a day out on the sea...that I wouldn't recommend. Its in so-so shape....(or perhaps I'm just a bit spoiled from what we are used to here in Miami). While we enjoyed it as a day out there are way better boats/yachts to use on the island. The Assistant GM gave it to us complimentary private day trip, during our stay and it was a nice gesture but not something I would pay for, though I must say we were well accommodated on board and it was fun, but the boat could use a bit of work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.