Florence -- ST Regis vs FS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Florence -- ST Regis vs FS

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2017, 3:39 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
slightly OT but does anyone have a recommendation of a good day trip wine tour from Florence?

Prefer a high end private tour not a group plonk tour if you know what I mean - think business and first class wines not tesco
Old Apr 16, 2017, 4:13 am

Originally Posted by AbuDonut
4 days in Florence....
debating between paid nights at Four Seasons vs points at St Regis. Thoughts?
Also...better to do 2 days in florence and 2 in country villa...having a hard time finding a true luxury property in wine country. Thoughts?
Although FS is definitely the best option in Florence, if the money saved by redeeming points for an award stay at StR would free up cash that could materially enhance your trip (extra money for shopping, fine dining, adding some nights at another lovely hotel etc...) then I would strongly consider that option.

There is afterall a high risk of Point devaluation looming ahead once Starwood and Marriott roll out their new combined marketing/'loyalty' scheme. So, now more than ever is the time to maximize value from SPG points for anyone who has them.

So, basically if money were no object I would just go with FS. If on the other hand that money would allow me to do something else that otherwise would not be within budget, then by all means I would use the points at StR. Incidentally both hotels are under same ownership. StR is very highly regarded on Flyertalk in the SPG forum.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:13 pm
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by m3red
slightly OT but does anyone have a recommendation of a good day trip wine tour from Florence?

Prefer a high end private tour not a group plonk tour if you know what I mean - think business and first class wines not tesco
We work with Il Girasole (car/driver/guide) and are very happy. They'll arrange private tastings at the best winemakers in Chianti, Montalcino and Montepulciano.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 10:00 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by vienna-resident
We work with Il Girasole (car/driver/guide) and are very happy. They'll arrange private tastings at the best winemakers in Chianti, Montalcino and Montepulciano.
Thank you I'll look them up.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by m3red

We engaged Ashley Turney (L'Esperta) for our trip in and around Venice, with quite a few tours she directed us to. (she also arranged our luxury apartment accommodations) We were very happy with her service, contacts, and recommendations.

A friend we recommended Ashley to also had a great experience.

I am not sure if she would want to coordinate just a single outing, but you could shoot her an e-mail to ask.

www.lesperta.com/italy-travel-blog/
Old Apr 26, 2017, 10:41 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
The FS and StR Florence BOTH are heavily celebrated hotels at the top of their game. If one can stay for free on points at the StR vs paying for the FS for a marginal or negligible difference inexperience, I'm not quite sure what the dilemma is, to be honest.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 5:11 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by AbuDonut
4 days in Florence....debating between paid nights at Four Seasons vs points at St Regis. Thoughts?
What did you decide, and how was it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.