Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Best hotel in SoBe (Miami Beach, Florida)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best hotel in SoBe (Miami Beach, Florida)?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG, RC
It depends on what you're looking for. I happen to love love love Faena! 1 Hotel is also a good choice. Setai is another favorite of mine. I tend to not really like the W but that's a matter of personal preference, I also stay clear of Fontainebleau, though I'll admit if you're looking for nightlife, a good stretch of beach and close enough to the action Fontainebleau certainly suffices for most.
My first choice would be Faena though I find the staff, gracious and really up to standard, our butler went above and beyond. Do go to Pao although, know that the later you make your reservation for the crowd changes...from interesting to downright weird. Beware, its loud....like very loud. I honestly thought there wasn't a restaurant louder than cafe abbracci, but Pao has them beat. But its good people watching and delightful food.
The Setai is also good although I put it a tiny notch below Faena because at times the service in the restaurant can be hit and miss. But undoubtedly the spa at the Setai has the spa at the Faena beat....how they don't have someone that does manicures and pedicures at a spa is beyond me, they'll send you next door to the Miami Edition. I think the beach in front of both is equally nice. The Setai is a tad bit south and closer to South Beach proper but not by a significant amount.

Last edited by TravelPenguin; Apr 8, 2017 at 11:00 am
Old Apr 19, 2017, 4:51 am

Programs: BA
Travelling without a car in Nov, well maybe a rental for a day or two, but I like to walk to restaurants and bars in the evening when on vacation.

Therefore, the hotels I have been checking out are (in no order) The Tides, The Raliegh, The Betsy. I understand that Faena is the place of choice at the moment but for my stay it would be around double the outlay, is it worth it?

I'm trying to keep away from the livelier places, in SoBe? I dont want a long line to visit a bar with the 'beautiful' people, but a more relaxed atmosphere with good service.

Thanks
Old Apr 19, 2017, 7:44 am

Four Seasons at the Surf Club looks spectacular. We've got a stay coming up later this year.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 11:31 am

The Tides would be the "adult" choice. It's an intimate, beautiful hotel with proper service standards.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

setai is a block from raleigh

anyone been to tides recently?
kor / viceroy began managing in 2004, acquired in 2006
sold 2011, owner managed after king & grove a few years
i recall great reports under kor, then downhill (back up?)
seems king & grove and owner had some disputes

anyone heard re casa casuarina recently?

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Apr 21, 2017 at 2:06 pm
Old Apr 22, 2017, 6:39 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Saw by accident yesterday on USTA Daily Getaways offers for Loews accomodations, one was Miami Beach. Not that I wanted to participate in that particular auction yesterday, but just curious, would that hotel be a luxury option? They say it has been renovated recently for 50 Mio. $. And how is Loews seen in the US as luxury chain (no hotels in Europe)? Is it a family business with more domestic charme or so?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.