Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best FS Properties

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2017, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by callmedtop
We checked into the FS Dubai a few hours ago and just went to drinks / snacks at Mercury. What a scene on a Thursday night - we felt quite out of place even as "hip" 20-somethings. Prices were even higher than NYC, but I think that I am possibly the only person in the entire bar that even looked at prices on the menu.

On first impressions, our room is absolutely beautiful and extremely comfortable. One of the best layouts I've been in, and everything is in pristine condition. I can see why this is a favorite of many.

We are here for 3 nights so will update with impressions at a later point. Unfortunately the weather calls for rain starting tomorrow morning for the rest of our stay.

EDIT: We are on the 4th floor in a Premier Sea View room and at 12:30am on a Thursday, the most busy night of the week, our room is absolutely silent.
Hope you enjoy despite the weather... what a rare occurrence -- rain in Dubai. Just wanted to write that I hope Mariana keeps you busy w/ reservations at many of Dubai's excellent restaurants, when I remembered she has left. Without her, I hope the new Chief Concierge runs a tight ship Tough assignment and very difficult job in DXB.

Mercury is a scene indeed, you should see some of the parties they throw on selected Fridays. Quite the place.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 2:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by scented
Hope you enjoy despite the weather... what a rare occurrence -- rain in Dubai. Just wanted to write that I hope Mariana keeps you busy w/ reservations at many of Dubai's excellent restaurants, when I remembered she has left. Without her, I hope the new Chief Concierge runs a tight ship Tough assignment and very difficult job in DXB.

Mercury is a scene indeed, you should see some of the parties they throw on selected Fridays. Quite the place.
The sun is out now and we got a chance to walk around the property a bit - I get why it gets such high praise here. Absolutely stunning! Time to head down to the pool now and enjoy the sun while it lasts.

The concierge was excellent in arranging a dinner reservation for tomorrow night. I had made plans a couple months back for Coya tonight.
Old May 29, 2017, 11:43 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Been to 15+ FS hotels and I've never had a bad experience. Overall FS stays have actually been more consistent than Aman.

Mind you we keep kosher so most of the food is off-limits so F&B experience is limited.

A+
FS Florence: Best city hotel on earth. Service was flawless. Go back again and again...

FS Bora Bora: Setting is not to be believed. Rooms and service are excellent.

FS Seychelles: Did not leave the Beach/Pool area for 4 days. Best room we've ever had (including Aman)

FS Koh Samui: Excellent all around. If only the Island wasn't such trash...

B+
FS Marrakech: Weather wasn't the best so we didn't get full experience. Loved the suites and overall decor of the property

FS Langkawi: Activities were a bit lacking and service wasn't perfect but Adult Pool is tops and the cute monkeys add a nice touch.

FS Prague: Excellent service, great concierge, terrace overlooking Charles River is fun place to have a drink. Hotel and rooms itself aren't spectacular.

B-
FS NY: Good for NYC though nothing sticks out as noteworthy.

FS Sydney: Staff was super friendly. Almost to a fault. Location is great. Hotel was a bit tired. (was several years ago).

Last edited by damaxer91; May 29, 2017 at 11:52 am
Old May 29, 2017, 12:07 pm

Programs: No program whatsoever
Originally Posted by damaxer91
Been to 15+ FS hotels and I've never had a bad experience. Overall FS stays have actually been more consistent than Aman.

Mind you we keep kosher so most of the food is off-limits so F&B experience is limited.

A+
FS Florence: Best city hotel on earth. Service was flawless. Go back again and again...

FS Bora Bora: Setting is not to be believed. Rooms and service are excellent.

FS Seychelles: Did not leave the Beach/Pool area for 4 days. Best room we've ever had (including Aman)

FS Koh Samui: Excellent all around. If only the Island wasn't such trash...

B+
FS Marrakech: Weather wasn't the best so we didn't get full experience. Loved the suites and overall decor of the property

FS Langkawi: Activities were a bit lacking and service wasn't perfect but Adult Pool is tops and the cute monkeys add a nice touch.

FS Prague: Excellent service, great concierge, terrace overlooking Charles River is fun place to have a drink. Hotel and rooms itself aren't spectacular.

B-
FS NY: Good for NYC though nothing sticks out as noteworthy.

FS Sydney: Staff was super friendly. Almost to a fault. Location is great. Hotel was a bit tired. (was several years ago).
How does Langkawi stack up?
I have been to a few great island FS resorts (Landaa Giravaru, Kuda Huraa, Samui) and am a bit afraid that Langkawi will be a downgrade.
Old May 29, 2017, 4:18 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Originally Posted by 0bsidian
I have been to a few great island FS resorts (Landaa Giravaru, Kuda Huraa, Samui) and am a bit afraid that Langkawi will be a downgrade.
Really enjoyed Langkawi but it wasn't as "special" as Koh Samui, Seychelles or Bora Bora. Still would recommend...
Old May 29, 2017, 6:21 pm

Programs: United
Originally Posted by simpletastes
There was a thread on FS Geneva that recently suggested that it may perhaps be the best FS property in Europe (i.e. better than George V Paris). Looks stunning -- and I love hotels with a low room count -- but it asks for an arm and a leg. Has anyone stayed there recently?
We stayed at FS Geneva two summers ago. Lovely property. Definitely one of my favorite stays ever. We stayed on a recently remodeled floor that shared the spa. It was a loft studio. These are at the top of the hotel. The pool, spa, service, decor, setting, loved it all. Had meals in their formal restaurant, deliciously cozy bar, and roof top restaurant with spectacular views of the city.

Will be able to compare to FS Paris later this summer.

With the Larry Ellison renovation, the hard product at FS Lanai is pretty hard to beat. Anywhere. Spent last Christmas in an ocean front studio suite. It's isolated though. 4 or 5 nights is about the limit for us. Combining Lanai with Maui has been a good formula.

We've also enjoyed FS Hualalai. Somehow we also stay there over the holidays and despite what you read here, getting excellent service and finding available chaises can be quite easy. I guess we're lucky. We usually stay in ocean front rooms around the kings pond.
Old May 29, 2017, 10:23 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by 0bsidian
Why not go with The Datai there?

FS does tend to provide great consistency overall I feel.
Old May 30, 2017, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

langkawi probably reasonable high season value?
beach, also could combine with datai and others
top FS villa (im also curious re villahutandatai.com)

Originally Posted by SLC_IAH
Larry Ellison renovation, the hard product at FS Lanai is pretty hard to beat. Anywhere.
definitely one of the highest contemporary, excluding villa resorts

NY also renovated, bummer turned studio suites into 3BR
sydney 3rd best suite isnt bad value for nice looking bathroom
bora bora still doing 2nd night free
marrakech reportedly really going up
seychelles residences especially look pretty great

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; May 30, 2017 at 10:46 am
Old May 30, 2017, 8:45 pm

Asia Trip - Four Seasons

This summer I have a 10 day trip planned across Seoul, Tokyo, and Oahu with stays at the respective FS properties. I enjoy planning my own travel thus didn't book with a Virtuoso/FS Preferred agent.

As all of the stays are successive across each of the properties should I reach out to each individually to make them aware of my travel with the hopes of getting free breakfast, or something else normally provided thru Virtuoso tossed in?

We're ending the trip at the FS Oahu property and unfortunately our flight from Tokyo lands at ~8 AM. I know some may say to book the prior night so we can check-in right away but I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with a very early ~10 AM checkin at this property? Will the fact I'll be coming from a weeks worth of stays at FS Seoul and FS Tokyo be any contributing factor?
Old May 30, 2017, 8:53 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Moving your thread to this very informative FS Forum
Obscure2K
LuxuryHotels
Old May 30, 2017, 8:54 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by kajonesbu
This summer I have a 10 day trip planned across Seoul, Tokyo, and Oahu with stays at the respective FS properties. I enjoy planning my own travel thus didn't book with a Virtuoso/FS Preferred agent.

As all of the stays are successive across each of the properties should I reach out to each individually to make them aware of my travel with the hopes of getting free breakfast, or something else normally provided thru Virtuoso tossed in?

We're ending the trip at the FS Oahu property and unfortunately our flight from Tokyo lands at ~8 AM. I know some may say to book the prior night so we can check-in right away but I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with a very early ~10 AM checkin at this property? Will the fact I'll be coming from a weeks worth of stays at FS Seoul and FS Tokyo be any contributing factor?
Just FYI, you can still plan your own trip but have the Virtuoso/FS Preferred agent make the booking to ensure you get the amenities/benefits etc. (Quite a few of my guests plan the whole thing out themselves, and then have me make the booking - while others prefer to let me plan things out for them. Horses for courses and all that).

While you can certainly negotiate with each FS hotel individually, why go through the extra trouble when it's all there and available for you via Virtuoso/FS Preferred? I'd say let a Virtuoso/FS Preferred agent make the booking, and if you still like to maintain control over many aspects of your booking, you can then reach out to the hotels to arrange certain details (round-trip airport transfers, preferences etc).
Old May 30, 2017, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kajonesbu

I'd have a good FSPP or Virtuoso agent do the bookings for early check ins and other special requests. FSPP bookings include full breakfasts too. Booking OTA makes you another number but with a good agency behind you makes you a somebody (most of the time). The price difference is usually miniscule for the might of an agency backing you.
Old May 31, 2017, 6:15 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Aventine
I'd have a good FSPP or Virtuoso agent do the bookings for early check ins and other special requests. FSPP bookings include full breakfasts too. Booking OTA makes you another number but with a good agency behind you makes you a somebody (most of the time). The price difference is usually miniscule for the might of an agency backing you.
I have yet to come across an instance where I've paid more for a stay at FS due to booking using my TA as compared to the cheapest rates online.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 3:09 am

Slightly OT but Four Seasons published their first look video of the new property at The Surf Club (Surfside, Miami) yesterday. I took a particular interest as we're staying there soon - it looks amazing! I particularly love the blend of old and new architecture combining Richard Meier's masterpiece with the historic Surf Club building.

Old Jun 1, 2017, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by jonjparr
Slightly OT but Four Seasons published their first look video of the new property at The Surf Club (Surfside, Miami) yesterday. I took a particular interest as we're staying there soon - it looks amazing! I particularly love the blend of old and new architecture combining Richard Meier's masterpiece with the historic Surf Club building.

A New Tradition at Four Seasons Hotel at The Surf Club - YouTube
Spectacular new property, I agree.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.