Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Review St Regis Saadiyat Island Abu Dhabi - VLOG Style

Old Mar 10, 2017, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card

This is a VLOG style review of the St Regis Hotel, Saadiyat Island in Abu Dhabi.

Despite the wet weather on the last day when I shot the external footage - it was a great way to spend a week.

Here are written highlights:

The St. Regis is located on the sandy Saadiyat Island. The beach in front of the hotel is stunning with plenty of comfy beds to chill out on under the sun.

There's an adult swimming pool where you can escape the children (not that we saw that many around) and a normal multiple level pool for the masses. The bar by the pool serves cocktails and delicious hot snacks - try the cajun chicken.

We stayed in a standard room and this was huge with a walk through shower, double vanity unit and a bath tub almost as big as the swimming pools.

There are 5 restaurants:

Olea - the buffet place - themed nights of European and Arabic food
Sontaya - Thai - ask for spicy!
55 and a 5th - gourmet dining steak house
Turqoize - fish and cocktails
Pool Bar

On the whole a good stay - attention to detail lacking in certain areas and I had a row with the manager because some drinks were different prices in different bars - they put this down to a typo in the menus.

Last edited by edi-traveller; Mar 21, 2017 at 4:51 am
Old Mar 10, 2017, 9:25 am

This confirms everything I ever thought about St Regis. It could be in Torremolinos....
Old Mar 10, 2017, 4:30 pm

Few beaches compare to Saadiyat, shame about the hotels there. These days I tend to avoid Abu Dhabi whenever I can. It feels soulless and no museum in the world can change this -- compared to Dubai it not only lacks atmosphere, but vision.

Should you do (have to) go, I recommend FS now.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 12:28 am

Not Abu Derby .... Abu Dhabi. The FS or the Rosewood are much nicer. No access to a beach but in a better area and nicer rooms.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by scented
Few beaches compare to Saadiyat, shame about the hotels there. These days I tend to avoid Abu Dhabi whenever I can. It feels soulless and no museum in the world can change this -- compared to Dubai it not only lacks atmosphere, but vision.

Should you do (have to) go, I recommend FS now.
Me, too.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 10:35 am

FS Abu Dhabi is fantastic. Sam, the GM, is a charmer and really on top of things. I left very impressed by both him and the hotel.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 6:32 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
This confirms everything I ever thought about St Regis. It could be in Torremolinos....
You know I love St. Regis, but I confess I have to agree with you here. Of course, my recent poor service experience at the St Regis Dubai is likely factoring in here, too. I get the sense that few if any luxury hotels in UAE have any character.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.