Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Looking for all-inclusive, adult only resort for solo woman traveler (no hookups!)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for all-inclusive, adult only resort for solo woman traveler (no hookups!)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2017, 3:59 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I think you will need to compromise..... first forget the all-inclusive and a lot of decent properties come in scope. The major problem I think will be meeting your budget at the time you want to stay.

But I would also look into renting a house/villa with a pool. You could even hire a private chef if you choose your location wisely. Something like Bali would probably work (takes a bit more travel, alas the compromise).
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by DSI
Every ultra high end place we've been to is AI, Fregate, Iniala, Ani. Even some high end places, viz. Aman are AI, like Amangiri (which we just booked) is partial AI. But in general the drinks tend to be on the cheaper end.
Another excample is North Island. But like Fregate they are out of OPs budget and distance.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

all-inclusive in name is not luxury
all-inclusive rates can be luxury

goldeneye works for budget over holiday
many others fit budget when not holiday
(only talking properties well regarded here)
MikeFromTokyo, not true re budget for all quoted
iniala rates vary, not sure re 1BR rates at ani

i've enjoyed luxury all-inclusive, so far with 9 rooms (in budget) and 15 rooms

staffed villas with chefs vary, some inclusive rates, some meal plans, some alcohol

Originally Posted by LondonElite
I doubt any of these places will throw in a bottle of Haut Brion 1961
belmond may book this by cabin once a year >
LA SEMAINE DES GRAND CRUS
An extraordinary opportunity to sample wines from the 33 Grand Crus domaines of Burgundy.
review of that trip as charter >
telegraph.co.uk/sponsored/travel/luxury-journeys/11389126/wine-cruise-burgundy.html
dinner with Christine and Philippe Drouhin-Laroze at their home in Gevrey-Chambertin..Clos du Tart..Clos de Vougeot..Richebourg, Bâtard-Montrachet, La Tâche..La Romanée-Conti..poured with the generosity
expensive properties with communal dining would be in best position to serve expensive bottles

edit >

current goldeneye ratecard "Fully Inclusive rates available upon request"

from a goldeneye site in past, per adult per day >
$84 half board - breakfast and dinner
(+$162)
$246 all-inclusive including alcoholic beverages, house wines and champagnes, minibar

so taxes somewhat over, and 7 night
elsewhere remains far more

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Feb 28, 2017 at 3:16 pm
Old Feb 26, 2017, 12:52 am
Original Member

Oof, we've gone far afield from OP's request. Yet, if interested in that single yearly Belmond Burgundy barge cruise with all 33 grand crus including Romanee Conti, here is a link to our grand, so to speak, 2015 experience. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...Barge+burgundy
Old Feb 26, 2017, 10:41 am

Domaine Georges Roumier Bonnes-Mares 1988♥

That is one cruise I would love to be on!
Old Feb 28, 2017, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri

goldeneye works for budget over holiday
Goldeneye does not work for the original poster from a budget or desired amenity perspective. Entry level room rates are $725/night plus plus roughly 30% in taxes and fees. There's a 7-night minimum stay between mid-December and mid-January. This rate is room only, they don't publicize all inclusive pricing, but it's at least $150/person/night and not really worth it IMO as breakfast is included in rack rate and dinners aren't that expensive. It also doesn't offer a private pool or adult only option, although it's probably as quiet as a resort that allows children can be. All of the rooms currently available between Christmas and New Year's, except the one-bedroom lagoon cottage, do not offer air conditioning and are pretty close together. The one-bedroom lagoon cottage prices out to ~$12k for the week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.