Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Looking for all-inclusive, adult only resort for solo woman traveler (no hookups!)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for all-inclusive, adult only resort for solo woman traveler (no hookups!)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2017, 12:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I immediately thought of Bedara Island on the Great Barrier Reef, but the OP doesn't want AU/NZ (and it's much more expensive).
Old Feb 17, 2017, 12:27 pm
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

Ah, I see. No hookups. I was thinking "I'm single and looking to mingle" when I scanned everything and somehow misinterpreted no hookups as "wouldn't mind hookups." Sorry for the misunderstanding!

Are there any religiously based resorts that might be a good fit? A quick google search shows a place called "The Blue House Boutique Bed and Breakfast" in Jamaica.

Mexico might be a good, culturally conservative, option with a good exchange rate. Punta Mita is wonderful and having been to the StRegis several times Imanta may be a better option.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 2:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Jet Blue, UAL, IH G Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DSI
Ah, I see. No hookups. I was thinking "I'm single and looking to mingle" when I scanned everything and somehow misinterpreted no hookups as "wouldn't mind hookups." Sorry for the misunderstanding!

Are there any religiously based resorts that might be a good fit? A quick google search shows a place called "The Blue House Boutique Bed and Breakfast" in Jamaica.

Mexico might be a good, culturally conservative, option with a good exchange rate. Punta Mita is wonderful and having been to the StRegis several times Imanta may be a better option.
Just because someone is not looking for "hookups " they now have to go to a religious based resort? I think there is quite a lot in between.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 5:34 pm
Original Member

I must have missed something.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 5:46 am

It doesn't meet all your requirements and probably isn't luxury but The Body Holiday in St Lucia meets a lot of your criteria. The budget is about right given the time of year, spa treatments etc are included and they do cater for solo travellers and as such it will be more affordable than places which charge a supplement if you're on your own. I haven't stayed but I have 2 sets of friends who love it - one a mother and daughter (late 40s & 21) and a couple in their 60s and both have been at least 3 times.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 10:10 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Dia, AClub Plat, Hyatt Dia, FB Gold, LH SEN, TK *G
As you like to venture on your own, I would honestly rule out Jamaica as a female solo traveler but that may just be me.

In Mexico, Le Blanc Resort seems to have a good reputation. Hyatt Zilara is adults only but most people say that the kids version (Hyatt Ziva is actually better). Haven't tried any of the 3 but I'm not such a big fan of the Carribean area.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

for example goldeneye (and peter island and iniala) have all-inclusive meal plans, per person, recall seeing at other lux properties as well
Old Feb 23, 2017, 9:49 pm

Programs: AMEX Cent., Relais & Chateaux, LHW, SLH
I travel mostly solo as well, if I were you, I'd go to Fogo Island Inn but it's definitely not tropical
For me that's a perfect solo getaway with a book, and a beach (though I don't think you can read on the beach in winter)

Another pick of mine would be Wickaninnish Inn, again, perfect for isolated quiet getaway with a book and there's a beach too
Old Feb 24, 2017, 7:14 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by instyleprincess
I travel mostly solo as well, if I were you, I'd go to Fogo Island Inn but it's definitely not tropical
For me that's a perfect solo getaway with a book, and a beach (though I don't think you can read on the beach in winter)

Another pick of mine would be Wickaninnish Inn, again, perfect for isolated quiet getaway with a book and there's a beach too
My two favourite properties in Canada. Instyleprincess, I like your style.

To the OP: I was actually thinking of Fogo as well, even though it is the opposite of beach at that time of year. I do think a solo traveller could have a great time there, and between the hosts, and Newfoundlander friendliness I think you could have as much (or as little) social interaction as you wanted.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:21 pm
Original Member

Other great non-tropical beach options: the San Juans, BC Gulf Islands, Oregon's Tu Tu Tun Lodge, Big Sur, Point Reyes.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
All inclusive and luxury are not in the same category. The former always means tacky resort.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:32 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by LondonElite
All inclusive and luxury are not in the same category. The former always means tacky resort.
Au contraire mon ami. All-inclusive truly luxury resorts include: Twin Farms in Vermont, Laucaula in Fiji, Triple Creek Ranch in Montana, The Point in New York State, Blackberry Farm in Tennessee, Jumby Bay in Antigua, etc.

Last edited by KatW; Feb 24, 2017 at 5:48 pm
Old Feb 25, 2017, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by KatW
Au contraire mon ami. All-inclusive truly luxury resorts include: Twin Farms in Vermont, Laucaula in Fiji, Triple Creek Ranch in Montana, The Point in New York State, Blackberry Farm in Tennessee, Jumby Bay in Antigua, etc.
This is very true, however the budget stipulated by the OP rules out those options. If the OP could increase budget a bit, my top suggestion would be Rosewood Mayakoba, not all inclusive, but if one budgets sufficiently for f&b and incidentals I rather don't see the need for all inclusive.

Luxury all inclusive like North Island etc... is one thing, but at the price level the OP is looking at going all inclusive almost always is a bit of a compromise when it comes to F&B quality, etc...
Old Feb 25, 2017, 2:25 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by KatW
OK, there are high-end resorts and hotels that include exquisite food and drink in the base price, agreed, and in that respect I take back my spontaneous quick remark (though I doubt any of these places will throw in a bottle of Haut Brion 1961, even if I ask nicely and wear my club blazer).

What I mean, of course, was the cruise ship equivalent / all-you-can-eat/drink buffet places that attract a 'certain crowd'.

Last edited by LondonElite; Feb 25, 2017 at 4:05 am Reason: Fixed stupid auto-correct
Old Feb 25, 2017, 3:48 am
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

Every ultra high end place we've been to is AI, Fregate, Iniala, Ani. Even some high end places, viz. Aman are AI, like Amangiri (which we just booked) is partial AI. But in general the drinks tend to be on the cheaper end.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.