Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Four Seasons The Nam Hai (Hoi An, Vietnam)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2016, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

The FS website says that that the Nam Hai is becoming a FS in December
http://www.fourseasons.com/landing_p...rporate/hoian/

But the hotel website doesn't mention it?

We are booked to stay next year. What usually happens when a hotel joins FS re bookings and prices etc
Old Oct 2, 2016, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by Barnaby100
The FS website says that that the Nam Hai is becoming a FS in December
http://www.fourseasons.com/landing_p...rporate/hoian/

But the hotel website doesn't mention it?

We are booked to stay next year. What usually happens when a hotel joins FS re bookings and prices etc
This is the first time I have heard of Nam Hai becoming a Four Seasons.

If the hotel is not closed for renovations, your existing reservation should be honored as is.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 10:31 pm
Community Director Emerita

That's interesting news.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 1:26 am
Original Poster

I did search before `I posted as I expected to find other postings about it.

All of the offers on the hotel website end of the 20th December. It also seems to be going through a renovation between now and then.

We are not going until next year.

Have you stayed there before MikefromTokyo?
Old Oct 3, 2016, 1:50 am

It is mentioned here, but only in the sense that it is changing, not what people are doing regarding the change: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxu...resorts-8.html

Specifically the post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27171920-post213.html
Old Oct 3, 2016, 2:22 am

All of the offers on the hotel website end of the 20th December. It also seems to be going through a renovation between now and then.

We are not going until next year.

Have you stayed there before MikefromTokyo?
FWIW it's still bookable on LHW until August 2017. But not sure if LHW would already be on top of recent changes.

I stayed at the Nam Hai in April 2015 with my 2 children. Marvellous stay and great hotel! We even extented our stay with 3 nights and dropped our reservation (award stay) at the IC Danang.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 6:52 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
I'm still pretty concerned in regards what will happen with GHM and in which direction their brands especially Chedi will go in the future.

Of course, it's good to learn that Four Seasons does grow worldwide, especially with conversions at the moment. Interesting.

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old Oct 3, 2016, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Was discussed a while ago at the FS thread. Only experienced once a brand change from FS to PH. Absolutely no impact.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by offerendum
Was discussed a while ago at the FS thread. Only experienced once a brand change from FS to PH. Absolutely no impact.
I'm guessing Aviara?
Old Oct 3, 2016, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...l#post26927555
rates/occupancy will rise, new owner owns other (good) FS

Originally Posted by scented
I'm guessing Aviara?
not a guess because that is only FS that became PH - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...l#post26600688 (morgans, fairmont, regent, taj, sandals, PH, IC franchise, hyatt franchise, hilton curio franchise, RC franchise, anantara)

GHM is basically 'over' as discussed in other threads

I heard today that FS is indeed taking over The Chedi Muscat
Chedi Club [ubud] rumors recently that they might loose management

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Oct 3, 2016 at 10:58 am
Old Oct 3, 2016, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
I'm guessing Aviara?
Yes^
Old Dec 6, 2016, 2:45 pm

This is a bit bizarre - looking at an early 2017 stay and I can book on Four Seasons or GHM - same rates. As an LHW Unlimited Leaders member, I was hoping to get the benefits such as free continental breakfast, possible upgrade, early/late check-in/out, and comp wi fi . I wonder what will happen to folks who book via GHM and expect benefits. I assume that Four Seasons will not honor.No mention of leaving LHW on LHW website.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 3:14 pm

-- --

Last edited by QPRfan; Nov 6, 2018 at 9:00 am
Old Dec 12, 2016, 4:09 am
Community Director Emerita

I received a note from the hotel today about the management change. It said in part:

From 20 December 2016, The Nam Hai Hoi An will be part of the Four Seasons family, bringing you the unique contemporary style that you know with an all-new dash of Four Seasons flair.

I would like to personally invite you to visit us again and see our 60 newly renovated hotel villas, all featuring outdoor showers, terraces, and expansive indoor and outdoor living spaces.

To celebrate this exciting new phase in The Nam Hai’s life, we’d like to extend an exclusive offer to you in recognition of your support. Book a hotel villa between 7 January and 30 June, 2017, and receive a complimentary round trip airport transfers and two-rounds of cocktails and tapas at our brand new Beach Bar. You will also get to experience one complimentary Fire Breath & Sound treatment at The Heart of the Earth Spa.

Please visit our website for more information on the resort. To book, kindly call the Resort directly at +84 510 394 0000 or toll free number and quote MKTRET for this offer to apply. Offer is applicable for direct bookings only and not applicable during Easter peak period (10 – 23 April 2017).
Old Dec 12, 2016, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by QPRfan
The FS in St Jean Cap Ferrat is now on the LHW website. Certain it wasn't there a week or two ago

This could be interesting...
Wow, I just noticed this. It's very strange that the hotel would leave FS management, only having become a Four Seasons relatively recently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.