Wiki Posts
Search

Is Luxury Link back in business?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2015, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, AAdvantage Platinum Executive, LH Frequent Flyer

Luxury Link declared bankruptcy a couple of months ago: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...-opened-4.html

I now received an email from them that "they have more features" including - I quote:
- ACCESS TO OVER 2,500 LUXURIOUS BOUTIQUE HOTELS, UNIQUE RESORTS & UNDER-THE-RADAR HIDEAWAYS.
- COMPETITIVE PRICING FROM LEADING TRAVEL WEBSITES. SECURE YOUR TRAVEL DATES IMMEDIATELY.
- INCREASED OPTIONS ON ROOM TYPES, UPGRADES & ADD-ONS.
CRUISES! BOOK YOUR FAVORITE CRUISE LINES WITH EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNTS.
CURATED EXPERIENCES ARE COMING SOON. KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR YOUR FAVORITE DESTINATIONS.

Are they back in business? Anyone has more news on this? They used to be one of my favorite websites to book luxury hotels ...
Old Aug 8, 2015, 9:55 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

I got that email today too and was wondering. Over the past couple of months I've been to their website a couple times and have noticed that there wasn't any mention of their bankruptcy or anything. I would be very very hesitate to book with them unless I saw evidence of major backing.

Fdw
Old Aug 8, 2015, 10:27 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

All I see when I search dates is options to book via other sites (Expedia, booking.com, etc...).

Struggling to find any options that let you book directly via LL (or that offer unique amenities/packages as LL used to offer).

Suspect whoever took charge is just turning it into another portal that makes commission from whatever booking site you click through to.

I only looked at a dozen or so properties, though, so I could be wrong.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 1:58 am

Hello,
I'm resurrecting this thread because I've started receiving emails from Luxury Link after a long hiatus. The new posts include auctions. Does anyone have information or opinions about this?
Thanks.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 3:18 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Originally Posted by lizzie
Hello,
I'm resurrecting this thread because I've started receiving emails from Luxury Link after a long hiatus. The new posts include auctions. Does anyone have information or opinions about this?
Thanks.
Run away!
Old Jul 28, 2017, 4:50 am

Book directly with hotel/resort whenever possible to negotiate a good deal.

Otherwise, Virtuoso etc... and Amex FHR.

I'm very skeptical re other third party booking channels, and furthermore do not see the need.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IIRC someone acquired the brand name etc, happens a lot

check out andrew harper and charitybuzz, both used here
Old Aug 23, 2017, 5:45 pm

Angry What a ripoff!!!

Luxury Link took our money for reservations at several hotels, then never made the reservations and left us in the cold. Just stole our money. Fool me once, but that's all they get. I would make sure you know they are financially sound this time, prior to giving them money for reservations. You might just find yourself supporting their Luxury until they declare bankruptcy - AGAIN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.