Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shanghai Luxury Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2015, 10:54 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
The view room doesn't seem to be any nicer than the non-view rooms. I think I will just go with the standard room with breakfast. A good hotel breakfast is to die for, I have high hopes for Zest!

On a side note - do you think these luxury hotels pay Tripadvisor to remove negative reviews? I was looking at people's reviews of the MO and FSPD, MO has 5/5 stars and FSPD has 4.5/5. Each has hundreds of ratings... I'm thinking, there's no way no one ever had something they didn't like about the MO.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 2:58 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Am in SHA now but on Puxi side . I actually prefer Pudong & was hoping to overnight at MOSHA but for an early meeting in Puxi .
Anyway managed to visit for coffee & dessert but no room check as my friend , who is a guest , was out . We enjoyed our lattes & tiramisu in the elegant & peaceful Riviera Lounge .
The public areas we saw was impressive . Perhaps should have moved my morning meeting after all
Return for dinner at Fifty 8' Grill or Chinese ?

Dinner at Jade on 36 , SLA was enjoyable with spectacular views . It was refurbished about a year ago ? ! now more " bistro " from the fine dining previously .
Old Nov 11, 2015, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Am in SHA now but on Puxi side . I actually prefer Pudong & was hoping to overnight at MOSHA but for an early meeting in Puxi .
Anyway managed to visit for coffee & dessert but no room check as my friend , who is a guest , was out . We enjoyed our lattes & tiramisu in the elegant & peaceful Riviera Lounge .
The public areas we saw was impressive . Perhaps should have moved my morning meeting after all
Return for dinner at Fifty 8' Grill or Chinese ?
MO Chinese /Shanghaiese food you can never go wrong with. Their Western food is good/great but I always prefer to go Chinese in China. It's something I can't get very much of in Korea.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 6:17 am
Accor Contributor Badge

+1 on not eating western food when in China. China has no shortage of various types of Chinese food.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 1:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TOMFORD
+1 on not eating western food when in China. China has no shortage of various types of Chinese food.
I never would have guessed Chinese Food would be available in China especially in abundance
Sydneyberlin likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 1:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Aventine
MO Chinese /Shanghaiese food you can never go wrong with. Their Western food is good/great but I always prefer to go Chinese in China. It's something I can't get very much of in Korea.
I just found it weird that MO Shanghai is not virtuoso. I have no idea why ? In fact there are many hotels that Could be but are not. Very Strange
Old Nov 12, 2015, 4:19 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Originally Posted by NinaThompson
I just found it weird that MO Shanghai is not virtuoso. I have no idea why ? In fact there are many hotels that Could be but are not. Very Strange
Maybe these hotels don't want the associated costs which comes with Virtuoso, but I don't know...depends...maybe...@:-)
Old Nov 12, 2015, 4:33 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by uggboy
Maybe these hotels don't want the associated costs which comes with Virtuoso, but I don't know...depends...maybe...@:-)
correct.... which is why groups like Mandarin create their own programs
Old Nov 12, 2015, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by NinaThompson
Your luxury travel agent can still get you equal benefits through FANclub.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 4:10 pm
Suspended

I am planning many trips. I love the look of the Puli ?
Old Nov 14, 2015, 6:49 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

If you don't have to be at a particular place and you're just going to Shanghai as a tourist... yes, it's a good choice.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 7:11 pm

Bump.
I have a rate of 4100 CNY at Pen but thing its too much.
Puli? 4S? MO?
Old Aug 25, 2016, 7:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by surftb15
Bump.
I have a rate of 4100 CNY at Pen but thing its too much.
Puli? 4S? MO?
The Puli and JA Shangri-La (right across the street) win from a location standpoint. The 4S in Pudong is pretty nice in terms of hardware, but I'm guessing you don't want to be so far away from the action (assuming you don't have other reasons to be over there).
Old Aug 25, 2016, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by moondog
The Puli and JA Shangri-La (right across the street) win from a location standpoint. The 4S in Pudong is pretty nice in terms of hardware, but I'm guessing you don't want to be so far away from the action (assuming you don't have other reasons to be over there).
Nope ..wife bday so want to walk to a bar/get a nice dinner.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 7:46 am

PuLi vs FS Pudong

Reviving this thread with a few specific questions:
I will be in Shanghai this summer with the family (wife and one-year old daughter).

Having already eliminated the other options for various reasons, I am now deciding between the FS Pudong (Club room) and the PuLi (Deluxe Club room) which offer comparable rates. I have not stayed at these properties before.

Although the Puli is better located, we do not really mind the Pudong location of the FS. We do not plan to do much of the touristy stuff anyway. Most important is public transport nearby as we tend to avoid taxis (no car seat for infants). How easy is it to reach the hotels from the subway stations, including with baggage/stroller? How well does the FS 3km shuttle service work?

I have read mixed reviews about the family-friendliness of the PuLi, and the FS seems to score in this respect. Any first hand experience?
The PuLi offers late check-out until 9 pm which is a huge plus given a late evening departure from Pudong airport. How lenient is the FS?

Also, I am not familiar with the Shanghai market prices: Would USD 270 all in for the FS or USD 300 all in for the PuLi be considered a good offer for the summer, or should I wait for better prices?

Many thanks for an insights you might have!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.