Reload this Page >

London: Rosewood vs Langham

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:13 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Originally Posted by stimpy
Sorry, but you didn't say that your rooms were like that. You claimed that ALL the rooms and suites were like that. That is completely false and yes I do have proof, as done anyone else with eyes. Plus I highly doubt you visited all the rooms and suites and you certainly didn't visit the one I stayed in. You need to learn to stop writing in absolutes and just stick with the details of your own stay and your own personal observations. Otherwise you are bound to be consistently wrong.
In the same way you have not seen all the rooms and you cannot answer with absolute that the pictures on public domain or reviewers represent what is actual. Anyway, I don't want to waste my time arguing further with you and answering all your insinuations. I am reporting you to the Mod. Let him decide.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:22 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
This is the pictures of the Rosewood hotel I have taken.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/benlee...57656107176152
Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:36 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Both parties have made their views clear and presumably agree to disagree, so I suggest we move on.

RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels
Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by BENLEE

Could you tell me which room-category it was?
Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Stayed at the Premier Room and Deluxe Suite. Suite was an upgrade after my complain but other than a nicer bathroom, fare no better imho.
after touring a "lower" level house, which was the Cupola Suite I decided to stay in the Grand Premier Suite that I had originally booked via a CTS Wow offer. The Cupola Suite was a free upgrade, but seemed a bit cramped to me
deluxe suite 67m2 BENLEE
premier suite
grand premier suite 85m2 stimpy
dome suite
cupola suite
cupola house suite

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jul 28, 2015 at 10:07 am
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:02 am

Maybe they took down the paintings and decorations for.

And Scarfes has earned the top hotel bar design in Europe for the past 2 or 3 years.
Design maybe nice , that bar charged to my room on two separate occasion double what I had ....once , may be a mistake but twice ? ... I wasn't that drunk ...

It's a Grand Hyatt level property as opposed to a Park, ( as an indicatior ) with very small bathrooms in the lower category rooms ... ( dont forget it was a Marriott / renaissance before ) ...and the general feeling of the hotel ...service , when its busy which I believe it often is ,can be patchy eg front desk / concierge / bell ... But to say the suites are the best in London may be stretching it somewhat ...I didn't stay in one but had a look at one ....

Holborn is not my favourite part of town for a vacation but not the worse ...

Additional info
Having said that I now remember that the Waitrose just outside the hotel and Lamb's conduit street was a pleasant stroll from the hotel and is still charming with the PeopleS Supermarket and a very interesting book publishers ( forgotten nane ) and a delightful old world Italian restauant ...

Last edited by bearbrick; Jul 29, 2015 at 3:06 am Reason: Remembered some facts
Old Jul 28, 2015, 5:48 pm

OP stated that they will have a toddler in tow.

We have stayed at the Rosewood - liked that it is within walking distance to the British Museum, Covent Garden district,...a Boots was on a nearby corner ... a Tube station on the corner... behind the hotel is a small park.

Easy transportation options. A variety of neighborhood restaurants.

Our room had a well stocked, gratis refrigerator and a nespresso machine. I would pick up nibbles from the nearby Boots or convenience store; we could choose to stay in and "picnic" or go out to eat.

The original property was an insurance office that was renovated to become a hotel. At our last stay, the onsite restaurant was "Pearl": this has changed.
Pleased with room size and natural light. --I/we have had more than our share of dark, tiny European hotel rooms!

Last edited by 8dimsum; Jul 28, 2015 at 5:59 pm
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold

I've only stayed at Rosewood and toured different room types to add to our corporate travel program for clients/employees visiting London. I love the property and design. I have a trip reports with photos on my blog (same as user name) of the hotel room, restaurant and spa. It is in good location with a Bills restaurant around the corner (breakfast/sandwiches), a Paul's cafe/sandwiches down the road and walk to Covent Garden (transit museum for kids) and restaurants. The live music at Scarfes is a favorite of mine. When I was chatting to concierge about spa appt and mentioned I don't like lavender he had my bathroom toiletries replaced without asking as they were lavender. I'd take the tube (after rush hour as the Central line is dreadful with city commuters of which I was one when I stayed elsewhere) to St Paul's and then walk over Millennium bridge to Tate Modern along to Southbank. Without a child it's a 30 minute walk
Old Jul 29, 2015, 12:23 pm

Ooooh! Heated responses! I have stayed at both and much prefer The Rosewood, but it would not be my top choice in London, even though I love some of their suites, Scarfe's Bar & their terrific bistro. Check out the newly reopened Lanesborough if you want really grand suites!
Old Jul 29, 2015, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Ooooh! Heated responses! I have stayed at both and much prefer The Rosewood, but it would not be my top choice in London, even though I love some of their suites, Scarfe's Bar & their terrific bistro. Check out the newly reopened Lanesborough if you want really grand suites!
So good? Found it not too impressive on the website, but perhaps I only don´t like the style.....
Old Jul 29, 2015, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Check out the newly reopened Lanesborough if you want really grand suites!
Haven't been since the renovation, but are they really better and bigger than the "houses" at Rosewood? Even the Manor house? I walked over to the Rosewood this weekend and saw the outside entry for the Manor House. It's pretty impressive. A suite with its own postcode.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by offerendum
Could you tell me which room-category it was?
It's the Grand Premier Room and the Deluxe Suite.

Ahh... You are responsible for the heated response. Perhaps emotions getting in the way as the poor stay at the Rosewood still lingers in my mind. Should have better control next time.

I am very curious about the Lanesborough as well. Plan to pop in tomorrow to take a look. Have you already stayed there?
Old Jul 29, 2015, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Haven't been since the renovation, but are they really better and bigger than the "houses" at Rosewood? Even the Manor house? I walked over to the Rosewood this weekend and saw the outside entry for the Manor House. It's pretty impressive. A suite with its own postcode.
entry open when booking manor house wing?
manor house suite is only 185m2

Ritz has William Kent House (Wimbourne House)
can be booked exclusively, has 3 guest suites
Old Jul 31, 2015, 9:08 am

It's the Grand Premier Room and the Deluxe Suite.

Ahh... You are responsible for the heated response. Perhaps emotions getting in the way as the poor stay at the Rosewood still lingers in my mind. Should have better control next time.

I am very curious about the Lanesborough as well. Plan to pop in tomorrow to take a look. Have you already stayed there?
Yes - excellent food & much lighter decor in the rooms/suites. There is nothing as large as the grand suites at Rosewood London, but The Royal Suite at the Lanesborough is not exactly small. The website pics don't do the hotel justice. I think they have yet to take the final pics.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 9:45 am
BLV

They speak in favor of the property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.