FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Print Wikipost

Amanoi (Vietnam)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2017, 10:53 am

Programs: Hilton Dia, IHG Plat
Fishing?

Has anyone tried the fishing at Amanoi? There's nothing in the activities booklet, but they've quoted a decent price for boat, equipment, and guide.
Thanks!
Old Sep 14, 2017, 5:44 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Amex Platinum, Inspirato, UA Spouse of GS,Amanjunkie,Starwood Platinum,Hyatt Diam
Originally Posted by mbry
Has anyone tried the fishing at Amanoi? There's nothing in the activities booklet, but they've quoted a decent price for boat, equipment, and guide.
Thanks!
Have not, nor did they encourage this while we were there. In speaking with Nicolas, they are trying to organize an excursion where you can get a feel for how the real fisherman go out each night in the area, but they were running into obstacles. They may just do their own boat. I did see someone fishing in the lake by the spa, with an Amanda employee (they need to arrange it for when nothing is being hosted in the lake pavilion.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 7:44 pm
A4K

Programs: N/A
Just booked for Feb in a Mountain Pool Villa. Anyone have any recommendations on a villa # to request?
Old Nov 23, 2017, 8:02 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, Inspirato, UA Spouse of GS,Amanjunkie,Starwood Platinum,Hyatt Diam
Originally Posted by A4K
Just booked for Feb in a Mountain Pool Villa. Anyone have any recommendations on a villa # to request?
My choice would be #6 . Then #2 . You'll likely get a glimpse of ocean from these. The other mountain pool villas face the other direction towards the lake. If you prefer that, #2 8, 29, 30, 31 could be good. I assume you have a resort map, but if now, PM me and I will send.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by A4K
My review from a couple years back has suggestions for this category. We loved the room we ended up in, but not so much all the little flies.

Search for it and see if it helps!
Old Nov 23, 2017, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by callmedtop
My review from a couple years back has suggestions for this category. We loved the room we ended up in, but not so much all the little flies.

Search for it and see if it helps!
Link is here so it is easy for all to read:
Review: Upper House, Amanoi, and Amantaka
Old Nov 25, 2017, 6:36 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by A4K
Stayed here in July, upgraded into a Mt. Pool Villa, #24 ...really enjoyed it. Had upgrade clients to #24 as well and also liked it very much. very private.

Enjoy! You'll love Amanoi!
Old Nov 25, 2017, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by BESVISOR
Stayed here in July, upgraded into a Mt. Pool Villa, #24 ...really enjoyed it. Had upgrade clients to #24 as well and also liked it very much. very private.

Enjoy! You'll love Amanoi!
What was the view from 24?
Old Nov 25, 2017, 6:54 pm
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by ray1022
What was the view from 24?

Here's my album, you'll find the views from the room:
https://www.besvisor.com/amanoi/0dpj...8z99tc0it44tbf
Old Nov 29, 2017, 5:01 pm

Question for the Amanoi veterans out there:

We are looking at two rates for next year, either the "Undiscovered Amanoi" rate or the "Amanoi Hideaway" rate. The "Undiscovered" is 4th night free, airport transfers and breakfast (although I would note that the website says breakfast is included, but the booking page does not; let's assume that it is), while the "Hideaway" rate is airport transfers, breakfast, a choice of either lunch or dinner with non-alcoholic drinks (I assume that means a choice we can make each day?), laundry, and one activity per day (they say options include various spa treatments (I assume for both guests, if we are booking for two?), yoga/tai chi class, cooking class, beach picnic, trekking, and then I figure there are more options they don't list). Once we apply our Citi 4th night free benefit, the difference between the two rates is about US$600 per night for an Ocean Pavilion (we don't care much about having a private pool, more into the view).

For those that have visited Amanoi, how do you feel about the value proposition of paying up to the "Hideaway" rate for $600/nt? If we do the "Undiscovered" rate and go a la carte on meals and activities, could we easily rack up $600/nt in charges? Any data points on activity prices so that we could get a sense of it? I'm guessing (could be wrong) that a la carte dinners would be in the US$200 range not including cocktails/wine.

Any insight is appreciated!
Old Nov 29, 2017, 5:52 pm
formerly htang333

Originally Posted by MapleLeafss
Question for the Amanoi veterans out there:

We are looking at two rates for next year, either the "Undiscovered Amanoi" rate or the "Amanoi Hideaway" rate. The "Undiscovered" is 4th night free, airport transfers and breakfast (although I would note that the website says breakfast is included, but the booking page does not; let's assume that it is), while the "Hideaway" rate is airport transfers, breakfast, a choice of either lunch or dinner with non-alcoholic drinks (I assume that means a choice we can make each day?), laundry, and one activity per day (they say options include various spa treatments (I assume for both guests, if we are booking for two?), yoga/tai chi class, cooking class, beach picnic, trekking, and then I figure there are more options they don't list). Once we apply our Citi 4th night free benefit, the difference between the two rates is about US$600 per night for an Ocean Pavilion (we don't care much about having a private pool, more into the view).

For those that have visited Amanoi, how do you feel about the value proposition of paying up to the "Hideaway" rate for $600/nt? If we do the "Undiscovered" rate and go a la carte on meals and activities, could we easily rack up $600/nt in charges? Any data points on activity prices so that we could get a sense of it? I'm guessing (could be wrong) that a la carte dinners would be in the US$200 range not including cocktails/wine.

Any insight is appreciated!
Over 4 nights (potential longer), depending on how you eat but we usually paid about $175 per dinner for two but we aren't drinkers. an app, mains and shared dessert and coffee (gosh I miss Vietnamese coffee!!!).. Many of my clients have had the same debates but more were happy with the Hideaway with free meals, activities, etc...I think many felt it was nice to just order things at dinner without any concerns too (not that they can't afford it otherwise but rather the value is a great ROI, once you add up the price in your head). Depending on if this is a part of a longer trip, laundry can be very meaningful in hot weather

You'll love the property, and Nicolas is doing a great job there! Joy still serves a mean ginger beer! Wish we could be back there already.
offerendum, FlyerEC and bhrubin like this.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 8:20 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Looks like they've opened a new villa type:

Amanoi Ocean Pool Villa

Anyone know if that's a new villa or a rebrand of a previous villa?

FDW
Old Dec 21, 2017, 8:50 am

I believe these may be new. When we were visiting end of August, Nicolas mentioned they were going to be building new guest pavilions. These are going to be located where #32 and #33 are now (south of the Central Pavilion, currently only 2 guest pavilions there now). I assume this new category may be those pavilions Nicolas was mentioning, although they do seem quite larger. He did not say they would be different in size, so not 100% sure.

We also saw the residences while we were there, and this new category does not seem to be any of those individual bedrooms that are part of the residences.
BESVISOR likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 8:53 am
formerly htang333

Originally Posted by ray1022
I believe these may be new. When we were visiting end of August, Nicolas mentioned they were going to be building new guest pavilions. These are going to be located where #32 and #33 are now (south of the Central Pavilion, currently only 2 guest pavilions there now). I assume this new category may be those pavilions Nicolas was mentioning, although they do seem quite larger. He did not say they would be different in size, so not 100% sure.

We also saw the residences while we were there, and this new category does not seem to be any of those individual bedrooms that are part of the residences.
+1
Old Dec 21, 2017, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

curious how many, interesting not residences

also curious where where non-lake spa house is

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Dec 21, 2017 at 10:02 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.