Wiki Posts
Search

Starwood "Luxury Privileges" program

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2013, 10:39 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by thepointskid
how do you book through this program
Same question and are rooms booked with points eligible for this program?
Old Jul 19, 2013, 12:47 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG Gold, JPM Palladium card, AMEX Plat
how do you find a TA who is affiliated
Old Jul 19, 2013, 4:23 pm

See the first post!
Old Jul 19, 2013, 5:58 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by friedablass
Same question and are rooms booked with points eligible for this program?
yes you earn SPG points... just like with FHR or Virtuoso. You can msg one of the agents who posts here (DavidO, Luxury or myself)
Old Jul 22, 2013, 8:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by ABG
yes you earn SPG points... just like with FHR or Virtuoso. You can msg one of the agents who posts here (DavidO, Luxury or myself)
Sorry, if I wasn't clear, but I wasn't asking if the rooms booked in this program would earn points. I was asking if you can book a room in this Luxury Privileges program using Starpoints. Thanks.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 8:17 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Originally Posted by friedablass
Sorry, if I wasn't clear, but I wasn't asking if the rooms booked in this program would earn points. I was asking if you can book a room in this Luxury Privileges program using Starpoints. Thanks.
No, you can't get these (or Virtuoso or FHR) amenities with award stays. Those must be booked at the appropriate rate through an agency with Virtuoso, Luxury Privileges, or Amex status.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 6:43 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Are the luxury privilege rates eligible for suite upgrades using points?

Thanks
FDW
Old Jun 21, 2016, 4:53 pm

Is Luxury Privileges going away? Looking at some properties and it's available until Dec 31 this year, but anything after that, it's zero-ed out.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Luxury Privileges is not going away... sometimes properties don't load rates past 31DEC. The rate will be the same as the BAR, and your TA can get the amenities applied for you even if the rates aren't yet loaded.

Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy
Is Luxury Privileges going away? Looking at some properties and it's available until Dec 31 this year, but anything after that, it's zero-ed out.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 6:17 pm

i read that starwood luxury privileges program do allow you to earn spg points from the stay booked through this program. but i also understand that this LP program require you to book through a travel agency or advisor (TA)

since the stay is booked through the TA, do you earn SPG points if you pay using Amex SPG CC? as in, will the transaction (deposit, or payment of remaining stay balance) get coded as SPG hotel? or does it get coded as the TA's company name? i guess i am refering to the potential 5X starpoints one could earn as a Starwood Gold or Platinum member.

Amex SPG CC https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...erms/36182-9-0

Starpoints awarded by American Express. You will receive two Starpoints® from American Express for each US dollar of eligible purchases charged on your Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express when charged directly with participating Starwood properties, standalone Starwood retail establishments, and Starwood online stores that, in each case, are wholly owned by Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc, and its affiliates.

Starpoints awarded by Starwood. You will receive two Starpoints (or three Starpoints if you have Starwood Preferred Guest® Elite status) from Starwood for each US dollar of eligible charges under the Starwood Preferred Guest Program. Starwood associates do not receive any additional Starpoints as a Starwood Preferred Guest member for hotel stays and purchases. For information about receiving Starpoints through the Starwood Preferred Guest Program, please see the SPG Terms and Conditions at spg.com/terms.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 10:00 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by gnomey
i read that starwood luxury privileges program do allow you to earn spg points from the stay booked through this program. but i also understand that this LP program require you to book through a travel agency or advisor (TA)

since the stay is booked through the TA, do you earn SPG points if you pay using Amex SPG CC? as in, will the transaction (deposit, or payment of remaining stay balance) get coded as SPG hotel? or does it get coded as the TA's company name? i guess i am refering to the potential 5X starpoints one could earn as a Starwood Gold or Platinum member.

Amex SPG CC https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...erms/36182-9-0

Starpoints awarded by American Express. You will receive two Starpoints® from American Express for each US dollar of eligible purchases charged on your Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express when charged directly with participating Starwood properties, standalone Starwood retail establishments, and Starwood online stores that, in each case, are wholly owned by Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc, and its affiliates.

Starpoints awarded by Starwood. You will receive two Starpoints (or three Starpoints if you have Starwood Preferred Guest® Elite status) from Starwood for each US dollar of eligible charges under the Starwood Preferred Guest Program. Starwood associates do not receive any additional Starpoints as a Starwood Preferred Guest member for hotel stays and purchases. For information about receiving Starpoints through the Starwood Preferred Guest Program, please see the SPG Terms and Conditions at spg.com/terms.
You'll pay the hotel, so it will be coded as a SPG purchase.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 10:50 pm
Original Poster

You'll get SPG points no matter which credit card you use for a SPG booking. The TA will need to book the proper SET # for Luxury Privileges and enter the IATA # of a Luxury Privileges agency.

The one time you definitely won't get SPG points is if you book through a wholesaler (such as Travel Zoo, an expedia NET rate, Classic Vacations, etc.). However, wholesaler bookings could never be made with the Luxury Privileges SET.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by United747
You'll pay the hotel, so it will be coded as a SPG purchase.
thanks - so both the deposit and remaining balance will be coded as SPG hotel purchase and never as "tour agency name". this sounds good.

Originally Posted by DavidO
You'll get SPG points no matter which credit card you use for a SPG booking. The TA will need to book the proper SET # for Luxury Privileges and enter the IATA # of a Luxury Privileges agency.

The one time you definitely won't get SPG points is if you book through a wholesaler (such as Travel Zoo, an expedia NET rate, Classic Vacations, etc.). However, wholesaler bookings could never be made with the Luxury Privileges SET.
ok thanks for the info. i guess i was more concerned abt the potential extra 2X starpoints one could get from Amex for using Amex SPG CC to pay (Amex would only pay out this points if transaction is coded as SPG hotel)
Old Jul 6, 2017, 3:11 pm

FYI - just used the service and the property I was interested in (St Regis NY) offered a confirmed upgrade *AT BOOKING* which sealed the deal over Amex FHR in this case (could book one category below suite, saving the money) to have that confirmed before arrival. I'm SPG Gold, and a suite was very important on this trip, plus saved a few hundred on the rate for a lower room.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

For everyone's information, Virtuoso also has a confirmed upgrade at booking at the St. Regis New York.

In the case of XR NYC, I'd recommend booking through Luxury Privileges as the extra amenity is a $100 F&B credit. With Virtuoso, it's Afternoon Tea for two... a flexible credit is always preferable to a credit towards one specific F&B item.

Originally Posted by levilevi
FYI - just used the service and the property I was interested in (St Regis NY) offered a confirmed upgrade *AT BOOKING* which sealed the deal over Amex FHR in this case (could book one category below suite, saving the money) to have that confirmed before arrival. I'm SPG Gold, and a suite was very important on this trip, plus saved a few hundred on the rate for a lower room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.