Wiki Posts
Search

the luxury hotels of Beverly Hills

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2014, 11:14 am
BLG

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA Lifetime Blue, Marriott Gold, and many others
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
So can anyone speak to the recent effectiveness of the boycott actions (deservedly, IMO) proposed against the Beverly Hills and Bel-Air hotels?
I think the boycott is effecting the restaurants much more than bookings from what I've picked up. Does anyone have any information on this? And can anyone comment on how crowded (or empty) the Polo Lounge is for breakfasts these days? I haven't been in there since the boycott commenced. If the Polo Lounge is full again then non-local business is making up for the loss of Hollywood business.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 1:16 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by offerendum
It may be the best way, but I have a Problem spending so much money for perhaps 2 or 3 hours.
It can be a lot more than 2-3 hours. When we went to Berlin - we arrived at 7 am on a Sunday. The hotel was 100% sold out (for a a soccer match ) - and we were told that had we not booked a "night before" arrival - we probably wouldn't have been able to get into any room until fairly late in the afternoon. Our next trip - we'll be arriving at the hotel about 1 am. Am booking for that night (don't want to take any chances!). Robyn
Old Jul 16, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by robyng
It can be a lot more than 2-3 hours. When we went to Berlin - we arrived at 7 am on a Sunday. The hotel was 100% sold out (for a a soccer match ) - and we were told that had we not booked a "night before" arrival - we probably wouldn't have been able to get into any room until fairly late in the afternoon. Our next trip - we'll be arriving at the hotel about 1 am. Am booking for that night (don't want to take any chances!). Robyn
If I arrive at 1 am I would book the room too. 7am is a hard time, depends on the price With me it`s a psychic Problem - I have no Problem to spend a nice amount of Money for a living room I only use 20 minutes, but don`t pay for a room I don`t sleep in over night. Crazy, I know
Old Jul 16, 2014, 4:09 pm
In memoriam

If I arrive at 1 am I would book the room too. 7am is a hard time, depends on the price With me it`s a psychic Problem - I have no Problem to spend a nice amount of Money for a living room I only use 20 minutes, but don`t pay for a room I don`t sleep in over night. Crazy, I know
I used to have a psychic problem too until I got old - and would arrive in some place like Europe at 7 am and all I wanted to do was hit the sack for another 4 or 5 hours (even when I was young - I would pretty much walk around town like a zombie until my room was ready). Best cure for the psychic problem is BOGOs (buy one get one). Or - usually in the case of hotels - stay 3 or 4 nights - get 1 free. Use the free night(s) for early arrivals - late departures. The luxury without the guilt . Robyn
Old Jul 17, 2014, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by Goodmorning2U
I've visited both of the Four Seasons and the Montage, and prefer the Montage spa by a wide margin. The facilities at the Montage are exceptional, even for a 5* property. They have private men's and women's sauna, steam, and hot jetted jacuzzi, multi shower headed power showers, AND, a lovely unisex pool with comfortable lounge chairs, nibbles, good loose teas, and drinks. With a few exceptions, I usually prefer the way Four Seasons does their spas but in LA the Montage wins my patronage.
Thanks- anyone have experience with the Peninsula spa?
Old Jul 17, 2014, 11:47 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by off2rome
My last two feedback reports from clients has been very positive. Remember with PenClub you get an additional 30 minutes added to most spa treatment. That is a wonderful perk
Old Jul 17, 2014, 2:13 pm
In memoriam

Can't recall using a spa in Beverly Hills. But I had an in-room massage at the Beverly Hills Hotel and enjoyed it a lot. Robyn
Old Jul 21, 2014, 3:00 am

Programs: NZ*GE
Originally Posted by off2rome
Yep, have been twice, had an ok massage and a really great manicure when staying there. Best thing is the steam room in the changing rooms, and the face cloths on cucumber and ice...go for the Jazz brunch at Belvedere on a Sunday (the downstairs restaurant). Bottomless champagne, beautiful food and just fantastic service/atmosphere. The FGNZ family's fave ever hotel

Last edited by Flygirlnz; Jul 21, 2014 at 3:05 am
Old Jan 26, 2015, 9:25 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Service issues at fantastic FS Bev Hills brunch

We drove up to LA for my birthday this past Saturday night--staying with our 100 lb Ridgeback, Macallan. We stayed at the Andaz (which has a 50 lb pet weight limit, but we've stayed before and they love our dog), and dined at Saam at the Bazaar at the SLS...and then had Sunday brunch with some friends at the FS at LA Beverly Hills, partly because they allow dogs on the terrace.

I'd always wanted to check out the FS Bev Hills since they are pet-friendly with no weight limit...and we always have stayed at either the Pen or Andaz.

Service issues galore. First, we were seated, and the table was awkward for 4 persons, so we asked to be moved to the table across from us. No problem. There was an inset cushioned sofa between the 2 tables, built into the wall, and the hostess told us Mac should lay there while we ate. So up he went.

It took 15 min to get someone's attention to get coffee/drinks. Strike 1.

It took another 15 min to get the drinks. Strike 2.

After which a manager came out to tell us Mac couldn't lay on the inset couch (he said it was a code violation). We mentioned the hostess had told us that's where he should lay. Strike 3.

We then indicated that we could get his dog bed, but it was in our car. He never offered to get it even after I suggested that. So my husband got up to go get it--with that manager saying OK. Strike 4. (At a FS? He could have called valet, especially after it was obvious the hostess erred. TERRIBLE manager.)

Then after my husband retrieved the bed, and Mac laid down, the manager returned to say the bed was too big and would be an issue for the table across from us--and they were expecting it be needed very soon. It was a bit tight, but at this point, I was apoplectic. Strike 5. People could have been seated there, even with the bed, but he was just being problematic...for little reason. This is FS service?

My husband went to speak to the manager on duty. After some drama, they decided no one would be seated at the other table, despite it being in such high demand. (So high that they seated us with the entire terrace being empty?) Strike 5.5.

We had a 90 min brunch. The brunch was outstanding--amazing food, amazing variety, one of the best hotel brunches I've seen.

The terrace never filled up, even as we departed almost 2 hrs after we were seated. Strike 6.

They did take off our Bloody Marys from the bill--nice touch. But it was a little too little, too late...and with no apology.

SAD service for an otherwise brilliant brunch layout. Makes me wonder if we ever should or will bother with the FS Beverly Hills for a stay. VERY disappointing.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 10:00 am

FS LA at Beverly Hills used to be one of my favourites, but not for a long time now. People used to care there. Now, they don't. I have to say that I am not at all surprised by bhrubin's experience.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 12:53 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
FS LA at Beverly Hills used to be one of my favourites, but not for a long time now. People used to care there. Now, they don't. I have to say that I am not at all surprised by bhrubin's experience.
Your reinforcing comment made me send an email yesterday to the GM at the FS LA at Bev Hills about our experience--including a link to this thread. I am curious as to what the response will be.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 10:02 am
Suspended

Response from the manager at FS at Los Angeles Beverly Hills:

I am responding on behalf of Mehdi Eftekari who is currently out of the country. Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us and please accept my sincere apologies for what you had to go through.

It is evident that we failed to explain our policies regarding dogs when you made your reservations and when you were seated. Windows Lounge is the only dog friendly Food and Beverage outlet in the hotel and there is no weight limit and must not be on furniture. However, for guest rooms there is a 15 pound limit. I am sorry that this was not made clear to you at the beginning and was not well handled by the assistant manager once you were seated.

Please know that we take guest feedback seriously and we have taken the corrective measure to ensure such experiences are not repeated. We hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you back to restore your confidence in us.
I was underwhelmed with this response, as it only addressed some but not all of the issues we experienced and clearly communicated--and did nothing to assuage that such service issues wouldn't extend to a hotel stay there. Suffice to say that we do not have plans to stay here in the future. Looks like the Pen Beverly Hills and Andaz are still where we should stay in LA with our dog...or even without him.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by bhrubin
However, for guest rooms there is a 15 pound limit
I thought they talk about dogs Come on, that´s a really a joke. Of course as my dogs are still not allowed to occupy me in the First-cabin (skandal) I don`t ever travel with my dogs in the US. But I hate this policies......
Old Jan 29, 2015, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin
Response from the manager at FS at Los Angeles Beverly Hills:

I was underwhelmed with this response, as it only addressed some but not all of the issues we experienced and clearly communicated--and did nothing to assuage that such service issues wouldn't extend to a hotel stay there. Suffice to say that we do not have plans to stay here in the future. Looks like the Pen Beverly Hills and Andaz are still where we should stay in LA with our dog...or even without him.
Now, if you were Michelle Pfeiffer......
Old Jan 29, 2015, 2:43 pm
Suspended

I thought they talk about dogs Come on, that´s a really a joke. Of course as my dogs are still not allowed to occupy me in the First-cabin (skandal) I don`t ever travel with my dogs in the US. But I hate this policies......
We only travel within driving range with our dog (all 110 lbs or so of him). But there are plenty of options that do allow dogs, thankfully. The Peninsula Beverly Hills is our favorite, but for a 1 night quick trip the Andaz West Hollywood is more budget friendly. (The Andaz has a 50 lb limit but make an exception for us now after several visits.) The W hotels also allow dogs, among others.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.