Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

the luxury hotels of Beverly Hills

the luxury hotels of Beverly Hills

Old Sep 3, 2013, 9:32 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric
Ok, thank you.
We just come back from dinner at Wolfgang Puck and we found it was more inventive and inspired than Polo lounge. So far service is perfect. Only bad point is spiders on the terrace.
Polo Lounge has never been known for particularly inspired food. It is more of a scene than anything.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 10:04 am
In memoriam

Ok, thank you.
We just come back from dinner at Wolfgang Puck and we found it was more inventive and inspired than Polo lounge. So far service is perfect. Only bad point is spiders on the terrace.
Try the Bazaar (Jose Andres). It's fun.

Spiders won't bother you - and they eat lots of nastier bugs. And now the secret is out. California has bugs - just like Florida . Robyn
Old Jul 10, 2014, 10:29 am

Which of these hotels has the best spa- facilities, service, treatments?
Old Jul 11, 2014, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by off2rome
Which of these hotels has the best spa- facilities, service, treatments?
I have not stayed at all of the hotels and thus cannot completely answer your question- what I can tell you however is that my wife had two treatments at Four Seasons Los Angeles at Beverly Hills and she said it was one of her best experiences with a Spa in America (granted she prefers Europe and Asia).

http://www.fourseasons.com/losangeles/spa/
Old Jul 11, 2014, 2:51 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG Gold. I share these affiliations so that you can ask me questions about the programs
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I have not stayed at all of the hotels and thus cannot completely answer your question- what I can tell you however is that my wife had two treatments at Four Seasons Los Angeles at Beverly Hills and she said it was one of her best experiences with a Spa in America (granted she prefers Europe and Asia).

http://www.fourseasons.com/losangeles/spa/
I've visited both of the Four Seasons and the Montage, and prefer the Montage spa by a wide margin. The facilities at the Montage are exceptional, even for a 5* property. They have private men's and women's sauna, steam, and hot jetted jacuzzi, multi shower headed power showers, AND, a lovely unisex pool with comfortable lounge chairs, nibbles, good loose teas, and drinks. With a few exceptions, I usually prefer the way Four Seasons does their spas but in LA the Montage wins my patronage.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 3:04 am

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Exclamation Peninsula Beverly Hills - 24 hour check-in/check-out policy

Unlike most hotels that have a standard check in time of around 3PM and check out time of around 12PM (extended to 4PM for certain guests such as those on the AMEX FHR program), the Peninsula Beverly Hills has a flexible 24 hour check-in/out policy.

This can be both a blessing and a curse. For those who arrive at the property late on the date of check-in, they can leave the property later in the day on the date of check-out (eg. to catch a late evening flight from LA).

However, for those who arrive at the property early in the day, there is a chance that their room/suite might not be available on arrival. This is especially true for those who have booked suite categories where there are a limited number available.

During my recent stay at the Peninsula Beverly Hills, I arrived around 11am on a Sunday morning. While this is a day that is popular for guests to check-out, most of them decided to check-out later in the day. As a result, only 7 rooms were available at the time I arrived. I have booked a California Suite and upon arrival I was given a Deluxe Room as my temporary room until my suite was ready. My guess is that this might have caused another guest who actually booked Deluxe Room to have to wait until I moved to my suite.

Perhaps if I didn't book a suite, I might have had lower priority and be asked to wait in the lobby or to go on with my activities and wait until my room was available?

Here are some videos I have taken of my Deluxe Room and California Suite during my last stay at The Peninsula Beverly Hills.

Deluxe Room: http://youtu.be/Z6cav-0y8sw

California Suite: http://youtu.be/cp5VdJ6fRtQ
Old Jul 13, 2014, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by daniellam
Unlike most hotels that have a standard check in time of around 3PM and check out time of around 12PM (extended to 4PM for certain guests such as those on the AMEX FHR program), the Peninsula Beverly Hills has a flexible 24 hour check-in/out policy.
We always request the hotels we are staying at to arrange transportation from/to the airport. The result is that we almost never suffered from the check-in/out time policy.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 3:20 am

Programs: QF CL
We always request the hotels we are staying at to arrange transportation from/to the airport. The result is that we almost never suffered from the check-in/out time policy.
I do this too, and I don't know if it's false causation, but it does seem to work every time, even with a morning arrival. I figure it would ruin the effect somewhat to have the Assistant Manager greet you as you step out of the car with "Welcome to [hotel]; your room is not ready yet...."
Old Jul 13, 2014, 12:01 pm

That's exactly what I did. When I got to the hotel, the manager greeted me as I stepped out if the car. He apologized and told me that the previous guest hasn't checked out yet so they will put me in a temporary room.

What do you expect them to do? Boot the previous guest out of their suite before their 24 hours is up? If I was the other guest I wouldn't be too happy either. We are talking about suite categories where there are a limited number of physical inventory available and they are still occupied.

I find that sometimes the only way to guarantee that you have a suite available when you have an early morning arrival is to book the arrival for the previous night as well.

Last edited by daniellam; Jul 13, 2014 at 12:11 pm
Old Jul 13, 2014, 12:31 pm

So let's say we've been very lucky so far, even with suites
Old Jul 13, 2014, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by daniellam
I find that sometimes the only way to guarantee that you have a suite available when you have an early morning arrival is to book the arrival for the previous night as well.
It may be the best way, but I have a Problem spending so much money for perhaps 2 or 3 hours.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 2:52 pm

So let's say we've been very lucky so far, even with suites
I guess you won't be so lucky if you happen to book a suite where there is only 1 in that particular category and the previous guest hasn't checked out yet.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 3:50 pm

Who knows?
Old Jul 13, 2014, 11:01 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

So can anyone speak to the recent effectiveness of the boycott actions (deservedly, IMO) proposed against the Beverly Hills and Bel-Air hotels?
Old Jul 14, 2014, 12:04 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
So can anyone speak to the recent effectiveness of the boycott actions (deservedly, IMO) proposed against the Beverly Hills and Bel-Air hotels?
I can only offer anecdotal observations. I have spoken to people who will not frequent the restaurants in either hotel.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.