Reload this Page >

Mandarin Oriental FAN Club amenities enhanced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mandarin Oriental FAN Club amenities enhanced

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2016, 7:13 pm

I am looking for a MO FANs travel agent on the east coast. Searches have turned up agents in other countries or ones who will only do entire vacation packages. Any thoughts on an agent who will do just hotel stays?
Thanks!
Old Jul 25, 2016, 7:25 pm

Most, if not all, of the TAs on this board are MO Fan Club agents. You should easily be able to PM one of them for your booking. Look on the Virtuoso etc. TA "master" thread.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Most, if not all, of the TAs on this board are MO Fan Club agents. You should easily be able to PM one of them for your booking. Look on the Virtuoso etc. TA "master" thread.
Thank you!
Old Apr 23, 2017, 12:50 pm

Can any published rate available on Mandarin Oriental's website be booked by a Fan Club agent, and be eligible for the Fan Club amenities? Specifically, will offers such as fourth night free, or 'Suite Temptations' discounted rates for suites qualify?
Old Apr 23, 2017, 1:40 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Can any published rate available on Mandarin Oriental's website be booked by a Fan Club agent, and be eligible for the Fan Club amenities? Specifically, will offers such as fourth night free, or 'Suite Temptations' discounted rates for suites qualify?
It depends on the property. Some (but not all) MO hotels have FAN Club 4th night free or FAN Club Suite Temptations rates. Which hotel and date?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 9:01 am

Just came across Mandarin Oriental's new website... don't know if this has been discussed here already?

Looks quite sleek... of course overly glossy and 'tech-ed out', but still OK. I wish they wouldn't eschew content all that much.

I am not so sure about some of the fonts used (I get they are trying to appear like a magazine), but my main issue is that the website is sooo slow.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by scented
Just came across Mandarin Oriental's new website... don't know if this has been discussed here already?

Looks quite sleek... of course overly glossy and 'tech-ed out', but still OK. I wish they wouldn't eschew content all that much.

I am not so sure about some of the fonts used (I get they are trying to appear like a magazine), but my main issue is that the website is sooo slow.
It looks "cheaper" than the old one. The fan loading icon shouldn't be necessary in this day and age . Make it fast enough not to see a placeholder. This is even slow in Korea and that's an accomplishment with the world's fastest internet speeds!
Old Jul 21, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Aventine
It looks "cheaper" than the old one. The fan loading icon shouldn't be necessary in this day and age . Make it fast enough not to see a placeholder. This is even slow in Korea and that's an accomplishment with the world's fastest internet speeds!
It's slow here in the US too. It also has my biggest pet peeve - loading every 3 months when pressing forward on the calendar. To get to pricing for a booking next spring it took way too long!
Old Jul 21, 2017, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by scented

I just took a look and wonder why they used such a boring sans serif typeface. It seems a bit fragmented to me, and yes, slowwww...
Old Jul 21, 2017, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
I just took a look and wonder why they used such a boring sans serif typeface. It seems a bit fragmented to me, and yes, slowwww...
I guess the people who made World of Hyatt got to them. Trying to appear to millennials?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 10:47 am

I guess the people who made World of Hyatt got to them. Trying to appear to millennials?
Probably right! All it needs now are a few hashtags and emoticons.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:25 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

As a senior web developer, I'm sad to say that loading animations are making a comeback. It's not only for slow loading websites, we have clients requesting them to mask font and image pop-in, and sometimes just because they think it looks cool. Sigh...
Old Jul 21, 2017, 9:02 pm

I think it's just fine. I'm retired so I guess i'm not in that big of a hurry.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hannisen
As a senior web developer, I'm sad to say that loading animations are making a comeback. It's not only for slow loading websites, we have clients requesting them to mask font and image pop-in, and sometimes just because they think it looks cool. Sigh...
I guess we're all "fans" then.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 3:52 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Slow, confusing. Too animated. Not a fan of the new site

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.