Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Rosewood, Washington, D.C., Georgetown (formerly Capella)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rosewood, Washington, D.C., Georgetown (formerly Capella)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2014, 8:55 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
I just saw a blurb on yahoo about their rooftop astronomy experience....
Old Jan 6, 2016, 11:47 am
Suspended

FYI:

Capella now has an automatic upgrade at the time of booking for all rack rate reservations of at least two nights. The 3rd night will be complimentary if you choose to stay for an additional 3rd night.

This offer is available for travel through March 26, 2016.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 6:39 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
I confess this is my favorite hotel when I'm not in town for work...though it's tough to spend here when I can stay for free at the StR or others. But this Capella most reminds me of the overall luxury sensibilities of the Halkin by COMO in London--my favorite in London--though the design here is more plush. I at least always try to have Sunday brunch here whenever my work travel allows.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 7:04 am
Suspended

Not sure this has been reported here, but Capella is being rebranded as Rosewood.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...l#post26364071

have agents heard timing and or contract/policy changes?

Originally Posted by pricesquire
Not sure this has been reported here, but Capella is being rebranded as Rosewood.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Apr 10, 2016 at 3:39 pm
Old Apr 21, 2016, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

already gotten rid of flexible checkin/checkout ?
Check-in is from 3 p.m. on the day of arrival and check-out on the day of departure is at 12 p.m.
nice to see >
http://www.rosewoodhotels.com/en/was...bar-and-lounge
Rooftop Bar & Lounge is available exclusively to guests of the hotel
Exclusively for use by hotel guests
presume this is nothing new >
The Rooftop Bar & Lounge can also be reserved for private gatherings for ten to 110 guests.
no mention of Living Room (lounge) ?
Old Apr 21, 2016, 3:51 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Rosewood Washington is currently offering 3rd night free and guaranteed upgrade at booking to Rosewood Elite agents.

No mention of guaranteed early check-in, but we can always ask for it!
Old Jul 23, 2017, 4:49 am

Any recent experience here? Considering this versus our usual haunt at the PH; which is of course a heck of a lot cheaper.... Just for a quick one night getaway....

FDW
Old Jul 23, 2017, 10:03 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Moderators: change this to ROSEWOOD not Capella?

Seems overdue for a title change since management has been Rosewood for over a year now...
@RichardInSF

Last edited by bhrubin; Jul 26, 2017 at 3:12 pm
Old Jul 23, 2017, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Any recent experience here? Considering this versus our usual haunt at the PH; which is of course a heck of a lot cheaper.... Just for a quick one night getaway....

FDW
Agree, it's now a Rosewood.

I stayed this time about a year ago. It has an excellent location in the heart of Georgetown. We worked with a Virtuoso agent and booked a Georgetown Suite and were upgraded to a Rosewood Suite. This was a truly wonderful upgrade. While no view per se, this was an excellent upgrade with a roomy suite, deep soaking tub, etc. The hard product is very good. Excellent linens and aqua di parma toiletries.

The terrace is spectacular and was reserved for hotel guests. The bar is unique and offers a very special way to take in the District, complete with a view of downtown Washington and the Kennedy Center. The terrace also has a small but complete gym and a pleasant infinity pool.

Cocktails in the ground-floor bar and the terrace were excellent. Food items were of high-quality.

A few misses:
Check in/out was a bit muddled and I had trouble obtaining a correct folio at check out.
Dinner in the restaurant was very good. However, the Chef has changed and is now at Mirabelle.
Breakfast was painfully slow. I don't know what the issue was. The server was personable, friendly, and attentive (remembered our beverage orders from the day before) but getting seated and the time from ordering to service was slow.

If you like an excellent hard product, this is the place for you. If you're someone who really appreciates flawless service, you may wish to look elsewhere. The soft product may have improved in the past year, it's hard to say. But it certainly wasn't polished.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 4:31 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu

FDW
I haven't stayed at the rosewood, but did just stay a night at the PH a few weeks ago and had a good time. Booked entry level and got a jr suite upgrade and I love the food at Blue Duck Tavern.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by PHLbuddy
Agree, it's now a Rosewood.

I stayed this time about a year ago. It has an excellent location in the heart of Georgetown. We worked with a Virtuoso agent and booked a Georgetown Suite and were upgraded to a Rosewood Suite. This was a truly wonderful upgrade. While no view per se, this was an excellent upgrade with a roomy suite, deep soaking tub, etc. The hard product is very good. Excellent linens and aqua di parma toiletries.

The terrace is spectacular and was reserved for hotel guests. The bar is unique and offers a very special way to take in the District, complete with a view of downtown Washington and the Kennedy Center. The terrace also has a small but complete gym and a pleasant infinity pool.

Cocktails in the ground-floor bar and the terrace were excellent. Food items were of high-quality.

A few misses:
Check in/out was a bit muddled and I had trouble obtaining a correct folio at check out.
Dinner in the restaurant was very good. However, the Chef has changed and is now at Mirabelle.
Breakfast was painfully slow. I don't know what the issue was. The server was personable, friendly, and attentive (remembered our beverage orders from the day before) but getting seated and the time from ordering to service was slow.

If you like an excellent hard product, this is the place for you. If you're someone who really appreciates flawless service, you may wish to look elsewhere. The soft product may have improved in the past year, it's hard to say. But it certainly wasn't polished.
I had high hopes when Rosewood took over but it seems that service here seems to be quite the let down... just reading the reviews on TripAdvisor seems to confirm this... it's currently ranked #93 of 141 in DC... similar rankings as Courtyard, Residence Inn and a Hilton.... I don't put a lot of stock into TA (I think Amanjena also suffers from a poor ranking) but I do read the complaints and universally they seem to reflect service that doesn't quite match up... Still debating because I love small hotels, but the PH is always a great value

Originally Posted by United747
I haven't stayed at the rosewood, but did just stay a night at the PH a few weeks ago and had a good time. Booked entry level and got a jr suite upgrade and I love the food at Blue Duck Tavern.
I've stayed there a number of times; usually with my kids.. looking at a solo trip with the wife so thought about other options... Guess I'll pass on Rosewood for now and maybe go to the FS or back to the PH....

FDW
Old Aug 25, 2017, 6:07 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by bhrubin
Seems overdue for a title change since management has been Rosewood for over a year now...
@RichardInSF
Title has been changed.
Obscure2k
/Mod
bhrubin likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.