Phuket - Best Luxury Resorts/Spas

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Phuket - Best Luxury Resorts/Spas

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2012, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by wolf539
Can you be more specific; was it the service, food, location or...?
Definitely on location and service, and the food was very close. I'd check out my trip report (linked in my reply above) for way more specifics.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 9:22 am
Aman Contributor Badge

I found spa, gym, beach and setting/ambiance to be (way) better at Amanpuri while villa, main pool, privacy and warmth of service was (way) better at Trisara. Food good at both, but more variation at Amanpuri. Now there is a new sea food restaurant at Trisara, though, so this might change.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Musken
privacy...(way) better at Trisara
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
Originally Posted by kurl
Amanpuri...restaurants, bar, and pool...lots of little private spaces where you can enjoy...in privacy (even in a completely full resort

Trisara...more “communal” feeling than Amanpuri (as, particularly at lunch and dinner, you were among all of the other guests
tradeoff - road vs setting/privacy/noise >
Trisara...room has direct access to the resort’s inner roads

Amanpuri...lot of stairs...buggies...can’t take you directly to your room
Good point - I had seen complaints from others that the "pavillion" (lowest category rooms) have road noise, and we definitely did not have that -- our room was very quiet. I didn't explore the other pavillion areas (or the villas), so not sure if there's a happy medium between not-too-many-steps and quiet.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Nov 12, 2012 at 5:22 pm
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alcoholics Anonymous - Platinum, Gamblers Anonymous - Gold
Thanks to everyone for all of the info. I had thought of Phuket as a good destination for a honeymoon, but it sounds as though it might not be as desirable as Bali. A bit off topic, but we are also considering Bora Bora or Moorea, but our United/USAir miles don't allow for the plane fare to be covered all the way and the top end resorts seem to be quite a bit more expensive. That being said, as someone mentioned, I certainly don't want to risk it not being a great experience.

I do appreciate the recommendations of Trisara and Amanpuri. I had been going straight off the TripAdvisor top 5-10 for each locale we were considering, and neither of these were in the mix, but both look spectacular.

Given that we aren't making the trip until December 2013, I have some time to continue to research and pick all the FT experts brains for the perfect destination
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:36 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Rainy season in Bali in December. Could mean just one heavy downpour every day but you never know. Weather wise Phuket is better in December. But Bali is wonderful, especially if you do the amans there. Many threads here. And yes: this is the place for lux hotels.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:52 am
Aman Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Also rainy season in Bora Bora at that time of year.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 5:07 pm

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by Musken
Rainy season in Bali in December. But Bali is wonderful, especially if you do the amans there. Many threads here. And yes: this is the place for lux hotels.
Bali is a humid place and the mountains can be wonderfully misty.

There is a real old culture, real temples and real people. Very inspiring and spiritual - far from the greedy impatient crowd of Thailand.

Phuket in December could have small cold spells. Sri Lanka would also be an option, but far from the US.

Aman has great packages for Bali, you may also include Java (with Borobudur - the most impressive Buddhist monument in the world - with uniquely designed Amanjiwo.

Your stopover (SIN or HKG) will depend on your alliance preference (*alliance or oneworld).

It is very FTalker style to plan such a journey ahead. I am at present planning a trip to Patagonia for early 2014 .
Old Nov 12, 2012, 8:39 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I suggest we keep this thread on topic; the OP asked about Phuket. As pointed out above, we have plenty of great threads about other Asian resort locations, if you want to post about one of them.

Thanks,
RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels
Old Nov 12, 2012, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I suggest we keep this thread on topic; the OP asked about Phuket. As pointed out above, we have plenty of great threads about other Asian resort locations, if you want to post about one of them.
could rename thread to another honeymoon/beach/where thread >

Originally Posted by JBHighRoller
considering it as a honeymoon destination

Is it worth the trip?
My only resource so far has been Tripadvisor

at least one other destination on the honeymoon trip
search...not until after I posted. Quite a few resources on this site
Bali...Bora Bora or Moorea

Given that we aren't making the trip until December 2013, I have some time to continue to research and pick all the FT experts brains for the perfect destination
Old Nov 12, 2012, 9:37 pm

I think that Thailand is an excellent choice in the month of December. I would save Bali for another trip at a different time of year.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Trisara.

If you want to head to a little bit different scenery also pop over to Koh Samui and the Four Seasons.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 4:57 am

Kage - re: privacy, just to clarify - I would 100% agree that Trisara's privacy is significantly better in the room areas (at least in the category I stayed in - garden pavilion). That said, the layout of the common areas in Amanpuri offered more quasi-private areas (which we enjoyed a lot) if that makes any sense. At Trisara, the common areas are much more "communal."
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:29 pm

At Trisara, the common areas are much more "communal."
I agree with this, though as I've said we rarely felt the need to leave our villa.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 6:23 pm

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Guys does anyone know when Rosewood Phuket is opening ?
Looks like a possible goer ?
Other factors are of course important too but I'm liking the size of the beach villas at 326sqm.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

currently dec 15, previously took reservations from oct then nov 15..
some details and discussion here - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...land-help.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.