Four Seasons Sharm el Sheikh

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2012, 6:58 am

Programs: BA Gold
Didn't their Gm move to Marakesh? Vuittons? Who is Gm there now?

The above was the opposite of my 2 stays there,albeit a year ago now.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Earthman
Didn't their Gm move to Marakesh?
Who is Gm there now?
Sébastien Carre arrived in oct 2010 after Jean Claude Wietzel moved to marrakech in sep 2010
hotel team http://press.fourseasons.com/sharmel...ien-carre.html

Originally Posted by The_Daddy
I have been in FS Sharm end of April beginning of May 2012
FS just got a new F&B manager. dated sep 25 >
press release http://press.fourseasons.com/sharmel...-sheikh-egypt/

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Oct 22, 2012 at 1:52 pm
Old Oct 25, 2012, 3:01 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
To be fair,and with respect,I googled and found only one in the recent past,if thats the last 3 years or so.
If we applied that criteria to every where,we'd go nowhere.

The biggest recent problem with Sharm actually has been sharks.
If we are debating kidnapping statistics and the effectiveness of the current government and shark attacks...perhaps it is time to consider an alternate property?
Old Oct 25, 2012, 6:14 am

Programs: BA Gold
I'm sure there's more murders,shark attacks and kidnappings in the U.S every year than Egypt,so I'm not put off either country.
I do think though,there's a culture difference here in attitudes towards this,especially when it comes to where Americans feel safe abroad.
I have fox news on cable here in Ireland and frankly I think it ain't terribly fair and balanced on things international,compared to what we're used to here on this side of the pond.
That said,there's an awfull lot of bad people about and I guess sadly and reprehensibly in the middle east ,their first port of call is someone if they can,with the eagle on their passport.

That doesn't take from how lovely a place in my opinion anyway,this hotel is though.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

at this point we are really getting away from who said what.

That said...
indeed one of many factors.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 9:46 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
I can understand the appeal. There is a dive package starting in the $400s that includes:
- 2 dives a day (that can be swapped for spa treatments)
- breakfast
- airport transfers

We ultimately decided it wasn't for us based on the reasons mentioned above, but the prices made us think about it. We ended up in the Seychelles instead.

Last edited by Ericka; Oct 25, 2012 at 10:32 am
Old Oct 27, 2012, 6:56 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
I'm sure there's more murders,shark attacks and kidnappings in the U.S every year than Egypt,so I'm not put off either country.
I do think though,there's a culture difference here in attitudes towards this,especially when it comes to where Americans feel safe abroad.
I have fox news on cable here in Ireland and frankly I think it ain't terribly fair and balanced on things international,compared to what we're used to here on this side of the pond.
That said,there's an awfull lot of bad people about and I guess sadly and reprehensibly in the middle east ,their first port of call is someone if they can,with the eagle on their passport.

That doesn't take from how lovely a place in my opinion anyway,this hotel is though.
Would you mind not casting all Americans in your stereotyping? While indeed too few US citizens have passports, those who are regulars in this forum do not fall in that category.

When you talk about more kidnappings in the US, are you suggesting this on a per capita or in absolute terms? I suspect the number of foreign tourists kidnapped while staying at deluxe resorts in the US is far less (nil?), on an absolute or per capita basis, than Egypt.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 9:49 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Let's just accept as given that many folks will factor in the current unrest in Egypt into their plans while others won't.

If there is anything to add, it should be on the resort itself. Don't give us the need to either close the thread or send it off to Omni!

Thanks,
RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels
Old Oct 28, 2012, 4:40 am

It's very nice hotel one of the best hotels here in Sharm I work as tour leader here in Egypt
Sharm is nice city as well and completely safe
Old Mar 19, 2014, 2:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Hi,

any update/news on this one?
I am planning my honeymoon. First part will be in Uganda doing adventure stuff, but last 4 days will by in some beach resort. Contendents are:

1. Zanzibar (Nuangwi Hideaway)
2. FS Mauritius @ Anahita
3. FS Sharm el Sheikh

We dive, and we have never dived in the Red Sea - so that's the appeal. We would be there in late June, when it could be very hot. I like the FS Mauritius, but getting there from EBB is quite a pain! Zanzibar seems great too, but rates are much higher than Sharm.

Any thought would be greatly appreciated!
Old Mar 19, 2014, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
I think there is a reason rates are higher...... Eygpt is not the first choice at this time.
P.S. Congratulations
Old Mar 19, 2014, 9:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by offerendum
I think there is a reason rates are higher...... Eygpt is not the first choice at this time.
P.S. Congratulations
I still think Egypt is pretty safe. Had a buddy visiting Cairo 10 months ago and said it was fine
Old Mar 20, 2014, 6:08 am
Aman Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by offerendum
P.S. Congratulations
Neither is Zanzibar, really.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...A1N1BA20140224
Old Mar 20, 2014, 1:35 pm

oneworld82 - I spent my honeymoon in Africa too and looked at the same roster of beach places. We chose Zanzibar (Matemwe Lodge), and although Zanzibar is an interesting place and the beach there was absolutely spectacular, we would have preferred something more luxurious. We ruled out Sharm due to danger and not being off the beaten path enough (and the intra-Africa flight options were poor - I recall the main option from Nairobi had a layover in Sudan). We ruled out Mauritius since people told us it was boring. If you chose Zanzibar, recommend looking really hard at the hotel and reviews to make sure you will be happy. The lack of service and presence of sea urchins made it not paradise for me. I think Mnemba Island or the Seychelles would have been better choices for us. I had ruled them out on price at the time, but the price difference seems insignificant in retrospect, not to mention it ended up being something like a once in a lifetime trip since now that we have 2 little kids we won't be back anytime soon.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by xracer
shame

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.