Looking to go to to the 4S in Amman for 1 night Dec 27, 2012. I'm looking for 2 rooms, as it is my family of four (2 kids under 11) plus my inlaws.

Using Amex FHR I can get:

1) superior $233
2) deluxe $261
3) premium $289

Is there any chance to get an upgrade to a suite from the premium room? Or should I just book the deluxe and try to get the upgrade to premium (with the better city views)?

Thanks!
Mabe possible to get a suite and a room connecting? Would be nice for such a large group to have a bigger room to be in all together for a drink or watching a film or whatever. And all adults could stay awake in one room while kids sleep in the other one.
there is a chance, could also talk to or have FSPP talk to mgmt

Quote:
Cancellation must be made by 12:00 noon local time on the day of arrival
if you could arrive before noon, could book premier suite in addition to whatever you book, and then cancel the other booking if you arrive and are upgraded from premier suite to 2BR suite

on dates i looked at premier suite was less than 50% more than 2 base rooms

FHR has noon checkin if available and 4pm checkout guaranteed

having FSPP book through FHR would get full breakfast if FHR doesnt, and theoretically upgrade priority
Having a suite connecting to another room would be nice, but I guess my question was whether they ever upgrade from a room to a suite. I might as well book the best room, as the price is very close, and the views are much better (potentially according to the 4S website).

Does anyone here have personal experience in getting upgraded at this location?
forgot, with FHR its easy to ask what the contract states re highest possible upgrade

gives you baseline without even having to talk to mgmt or hotel
So I just called FHR and found out that you can upgrade from a Premium room to a Suite.
Quote: having FSPP book through FHR would get full breakfast if FHR doesnt,
If you book with FHR (regardless who processed said booking) its the FHR perks, not some hybrid combo of different programs.
@ABG - is breakfast and upgrade also a Virtuoso benefit for this hotel?
Quote: @ABG - is breakfast and upgrade also a Virtuoso benefit for this hotel?
Its not a Virtuoso Hotel.... But like all Four Seasons, it offers Preferred Partner perks. Full breakfast for 2 and a one time USD100 F&B credit.
Just as a follow-up, the rates I booked at were in Jordanian currency, not USD. Thankfully, the exchange rate wasn't too bad

Very nice hotel. It was interesting to see a wedding there. Very western in terms of dress...but the young couple met in Canada I believe.

We did not get upgraded to a suite.

Thanks for all the advice!
So you booked a Premium Room and didn't get an upgrade to a Suite? Did the other Room get an upgrade either?
We did not get an upgrade. If I remember correctly, they said there was a wedding at the hotel and there were no suite available. I tend to believe them as we saw a large wedding during our stay. The rooms we received were very nice in any event.