Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH axes service for PDX-FRA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2009, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
That's too bad- my first trip to Europe was on that flight.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 7:20 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
not to worry

this sort of things happened before here...DL axed their non stop to JFK...then years later, it came back, and is still here. NW still has their AMS flight, but the rumor mill from the PDC (Portland development commission) is they are considering axing that too due to decreased traffic from PDX of passengers enroute to the E.U. via AMS.....also, the ridiculous fees the Port of Portland charges is enuff for any of these carriers to say the hell with you.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 1:12 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
This is a friendly reminder to stay on topic. The issue is pretty clear now and LH will reroute/refund passengers affected by this change. I am sorry for all of you who are affected by the cut.

Have a nice day

totti
M&M moderator
Old Jul 8, 2009, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by totti
This is a friendly reminder to stay on topic. The issue is pretty clear now and LH will reroute/refund passengers affected by this change. I am sorry for all of you who are affected by the cut.

Have a nice day

totti
M&M moderator
Thanks! I'll take care of it where I can find out any more specific news for you. I will let you know if I will post it later. Hope you will have a good night.
Old May 25, 2012, 9:41 pm

Programs: AS, HA, JL, UA
could we see PDX-FRA returning someday?
Old May 25, 2012, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Tanaka07
could we see PDX-FRA returning someday?
Probably not anytime soon. I don't see its happening in a distant the future.
Old May 26, 2012, 3:17 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
It looks like PDX city council is not giving again the incentives they offered to LH when they started service to PDX couple if years ago.
Old May 27, 2012, 1:37 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Would there even be a demand for this route considering there are already flights departing from SEA, SFO, and YVR...
Old May 27, 2012, 7:45 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
LH axes service for PDX-FRA

There is some nonstop trans-atlantic demand from PDX but DL has it pretty much locked with the AMS flight. The connection options on *A are fairly vast especially with AC flying to YYZ so I don't think we'll see this return... Much to my dismay.
Old May 27, 2012, 8:26 am
Formerly known as I_Hate_US_Airways

Programs: My Loyalty Programs? I now VOTE with my wallet!!!
Thumbs down Too Bad...

Cause this was the EASIST route in the world to upgrade on!!!
Old May 28, 2012, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Would there even be a demand for this route considering there are already flights departing from SEA, SFO, and YVR...
There was demand. The issue was it was a very price competitive route due to the AMS flights which were usually significantly less expensive. Particularly for connecting passengers to other countries (i.e. Italy, France, Spain, etc) this made for very difficult economics. I would have thought that Nike, Intel, etc would have enough business to support an FRA flight- of course perhaps that is why I am not in airline route development as a career

It was a shame to see this flight go away- was very useful.
Old May 28, 2012, 1:54 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
There was demand. The issue was it was a very price competitive route due to the AMS flights which were usually significantly less expensive. Particularly for connecting passengers to other countries (i.e. Italy, France, Spain, etc) this made for very difficult economics. I would have thought that Nike, Intel, etc would have enough business to support an FRA flight- of course perhaps that is why I am not in airline route development as a career

It was a shame to see this flight go away- was very useful.
Thanks for the info!
Old May 29, 2012, 3:16 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Interestingly LH started SEA from scratch just a few miles away and had a grand success, killing SKs service and giving BA a run for its money.
Old May 29, 2012, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Interestingly LH started SEA from scratch just a few miles away and had a grand success, killing SKs service and giving BA a run for its money.
Yes SEA is a very good success story.

Perhaps Microsoft and Boeing have different travel policies?

In addition- Portland is not really just a few miles away- it is a good 4 hour drive on most days.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 4:20 pm

Programs: AS, HA, JL, UA
I see PDX-FRA returning with the announcement of Daimler returning to Portland. Daimler always bought tons of expensive business class fares on the route.

http://m.bizjournals.com/portland/ne...hq.html?r=full

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.