Old Mar 16, 2009, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1M
Lufthansa's support for Jet's Star Alliance entry upsets govt

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/4268976.cms
Old Mar 16, 2009, 11:42 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Actually I'd prefer to see 9W in *A rather than AI. 9Ws product is much better IMHO.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Following instructions from the civil aviation ministry, the Indian embassy in Germany has now written to Lufthansa, pointing out that the carrier’s move to back Jet Airways would put Air India (AI) at a disadvantage.
The Indian government will complain against almost everything that puts the entrenched rights of the Indian establishment on jeopardy. With similar arguments Indian government tries (still successfully) to block the access of global law firms to the Indian market.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 2:30 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Could we have both Jet and Kingfisher invited to join *A (as they are about to start co-operataing, anyway)

Could we have AI (AI/IC??/) stopped from joining *A
Old Mar 16, 2009, 3:36 pm

Fully agree, let's promote Jet and Kingfisher and throw the dreadful AI out. They are a better match to AA and PK anyway.

Last month we were 2.5 hours late ex BLR, just waiting for one fat corrupt Indian politician who had ordered that the plane should wait for him. Turned out that he had two too many in his entourage, which he wanted also in C class. The lawful "residents" ( me included ) strapped in and threatened to yield only to police force
Old Mar 16, 2009, 3:54 pm
hch

Another vote for AI out and Jet and / or Kingfisher in. Just had two lovely domestic flights on Kingfisher in the last two weeks.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by Fendant
Fully agree, let's promote Jet and Kingfisher and throw the dreadful AI out. They are a better match to AA and PK anyway.

Last month we were 2.5 hours late ex BLR, just waiting for one fat corrupt Indian politician who had ordered that the plane should wait for him. Turned out that he had two too many in his entourage, which he wanted also in C class. The lawful "residents" ( me included ) strapped in and threatened to yield only to police force
Seems like the behaviour of AI hasn't changed since the 70's and 80's !
When I lived in London, my neighbour was the AI fleet commander (AI's #1 pilot), and he was like God at AI....
Old Mar 16, 2009, 4:27 pm

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
A vote for AI and 9W (on domestic flights I even prefer AI/IC over 9W, as the economy class of the latter doesn't really suit for people with my size), but STRONGLY against the dreadful flying beer-cans.

Sorry, but I don't support this beer company who is proud that their planes will be the first in India having full mobile-phone-coverage midair
Old Mar 16, 2009, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by rorschi
A vote for AI and 9W (on domestic flights I even prefer AI/IC over 9W, as the economy class of the latter doesn't really suit for people with my size), but STRONGLY against the dreadful flying beer-cans.

Sorry, but I don't support this beer company who is proud that their planes will be the first in India having full mobile-phone-coverage midair

must say you are in a minority.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 3:03 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by UA Fan
must say you are in a minority.
Indeed but mobile phone reception in the air can be really annoying and is a strong argument against Kingfisher. Just imagine all this very very important persons on the phone right next to you…
Old Mar 17, 2009, 3:18 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by hch
Another vote for AI out and Jet and / or Kingfisher in. Just had two lovely domestic flights on Kingfisher in the last two weeks.
Same here. I would vote for that too. who in their sane mind wants AI in *A

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.