Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cancelled SQ Sector on LH award booking

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2008, 10:47 pm
Original Poster

Cancelled SQ Sector on LH award booking

Hi, I am booked to fly BKK-LHR-SIN on a LH award ticket in C at the beginning of Jan. Received a text this am to say that SQ have cancelled the BKK-SIN sector and rebooked me on a later flight which gets into SIN after my LHR flight leaves. Should I contact LH or SQ and get this changed. As I was booked on the 0745 flt, maybe I fly BKK-SIN the night before?. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers
Old Dec 4, 2008, 11:14 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Contact LH, they will look out for you. Are you flying BKK-SIN-LHR or really BKK-LHR-SIN?
Old Dec 5, 2008, 4:24 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Contact LH, they will look out for you. Are you flying BKK-SIN-LHR or really BKK-LHR-SIN?
Then it really wouldn't matter if the BKK-SIN had been canceled .
Old Dec 10, 2008, 10:54 am

Programs: Star Alliance BMI
SQ challenges

Hi there (my first post so really hello!)

I too have an award booking, although thru BMI for LHR-BKK-SIN-MLE rtn in late Jan/early feb. I have had a similar problem, although it has indeed been an interesting experience using my award miles altogether!

Originally wanted to fly LHR-SIN-MLE but due to availability needed to book back in May for jan 09. Then, the woman at BMI FF line hung up on me after being rather insulting when I queried no availability on this route in any class (I wanted to travel in Bus), so when I complained they upgraded us from business to First, as long as we went TQ LHR-BKK First, SQ BKK_SIN Business, then SIN-MLE econ (SQ). This was replicated on the way back (and who am I to turn down two free F tickets on long haul?!)

But over the last two weeks SQ have sent me two sep txt messages, the last today, doing exactly the same thing to me as you - how am I supposed to make a connection that leaves two hours before I even touch down at SQ!?

I have to say that BMI were relatively helpful considering tehir normal standoffishness, and have moved our return flights to SIN-Munich in F, then Munich to LHR in Business. I have now called LH today to confirm and they were fantastic, reserving all our seats in all sectors for us, even though we are now travelling a grand total of three airlines!!! If our bags don't go missing at some point I will be very very impressed ;0

Have to say, LH service was fabulous today, and am looking forward to trying a new airline.

Don't despair, call the lovely people at LH - they will be fantastic and sort it all out in a minute!

fen

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.