Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Sign in using an external account

Old Dec 4, 08, 10:47 pm   #1

Cancelled SQ Sector on LH award booking

Hi, I am booked to fly BKK-LHR-SIN on a LH award ticket in C at the beginning of Jan. Received a text this am to say that SQ have cancelled the BKK-SIN sector and rebooked me on a later flight which gets into SIN after my LHR flight leaves. Should I contact LH or SQ and get this changed. As I was booked on the 0745 flt, maybe I fly BKK-SIN the night before?. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers
seanwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 08, 11:14 pm   #2
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer

Programs: QF WP, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P
Contact LH, they will look out for you. Are you flying BKK-SIN-LHR or really BKK-LHR-SIN?
DownUnderFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 08, 4:24 am   #3

Programs: UA plat, LH FTL--**, AA EXP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer View Post
Contact LH, they will look out for you. Are you flying BKK-SIN-LHR or really BKK-LHR-SIN?
Then it really wouldn't matter if the BKK-SIN had been canceled .
Old Dec 10, 08, 10:54 am   #4

Programs: Star Alliance BMI
SQ challenges

Hi there (my first post so really hello!)

I too have an award booking, although thru BMI for LHR-BKK-SIN-MLE rtn in late Jan/early feb. I have had a similar problem, although it has indeed been an interesting experience using my award miles altogether!

Originally wanted to fly LHR-SIN-MLE but due to availability needed to book back in May for jan 09. Then, the woman at BMI FF line hung up on me after being rather insulting when I queried no availability on this route in any class (I wanted to travel in Bus), so when I complained they upgraded us from business to First, as long as we went TQ LHR-BKK First, SQ BKK_SIN Business, then SIN-MLE econ (SQ). This was replicated on the way back (and who am I to turn down two free F tickets on long haul?!)

But over the last two weeks SQ have sent me two sep txt messages, the last today, doing exactly the same thing to me as you - how am I supposed to make a connection that leaves two hours before I even touch down at SQ!?

I have to say that BMI were relatively helpful considering tehir normal standoffishness, and have moved our return flights to SIN-Munich in F, then Munich to LHR in Business. I have now called LH today to confirm and they were fantastic, reserving all our seats in all sectors for us, even though we are now travelling a grand total of three airlines!!! If our bags don't go missing at some point I will be very very impressed ;0

Have to say, LH service was fabulous today, and am looking forward to trying a new airline.

Don't despair, call the lovely people at LH - they will be fantastic and sort it all out in a minute!

fen
fen7 is offline   Reply With Quote