M&M UK AmEx

Old Jan 28, 2010, 2:42 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GuckyGucky
Looks like the card is back now. Was able to click through to the application page a few seconds ago.
Are you actually going to apply for one (in which case you'd better hurry!) or are you just checking out of curiosity - like me?

Strange that it disappeared for a few days and came back again. Bonus miles and award miles do not seem have changed - well not since the card was reintroduced a few weeks ago.

I'm now on a spending spree for my 20K BMI miles. Actually spending 250 wasn't at all difficult.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 2:58 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Actually I don't know. The BMI cc is much more attractive at the moment.

Why hurry? do you think it's going to be gone again soon?
Old Jan 28, 2010, 4:21 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by GuckyGucky
Actually I don't know. The BMI cc is much more attractive at the moment.

Why hurry? do you think it's going to be gone again soon?
I don't know how long it will be there, but why does it keep on disappearing?

I only acquired my BMI Amex recently since it was 2 miles per 1 with LH and 1.5 miles per 1 with BMI. Ok I know 1.5 BMI miles are worth more than 2 LH miles...

I decided to hurry and apply for a BMI Amex card after Raffles prompted me that the 20K sign-up offer might not last forever.

BTW M&M Amex doesn't appear on the MBNA website (yet).
Old Aug 15, 2011, 2:59 pm

Bank of America to exit international credit card businesses

Bank of America Corporation announced today that it has agreed to sell its credit card business in Canada to TD Bank Group and that it will exit its credit card businesses in the U.K. and Ireland.
http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...ard-Businesses

That will be a big blow to what is already a scarce non-flying miles earning opportunity for M&M members in the UK. I hope LH will find another partner in the UK soon. I don't think MBNA ever offered M&M credit cards in Ireland.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 12:50 pm

MBNA Amex + Visa credit cards

Rather than exiting from international credit card businesses, MBNA in the UK are launching two-card/one account packages.

http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...en&cid=1000243

M&M Amex + Visa credit cards come with a welcome bonus of 1,500 award miles when you make your first card purchase within the first 90 days.

However, a similar package of BMI Amex + Visa credit cards comes with a welcome bonus of 25,000 destinations miles when you spend 250 within the first 90 days.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 12:55 pm

Programs: LH, BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Rather than exiting from international credit card businesses, MBNA in the UK are launching two-card/one account packages.
That looks handy. I might migrate from my two separate M&M cards and accounts.

Hers the link to the BD's offering

https://www.euapplyonlinenow.com/UKN...14&cmp=em19482
Old Oct 26, 2011, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by Circumknowitall
If you have an M&M Amex or a BMI Amex card from MBNA (I have both of course ), you will receive an additional Visa card in November anyway.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-d...ercard-33.html
Old Oct 27, 2011, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
...However, a similar package of BMI Amex + Visa credit cards comes with a welcome bonus of 25,000 destinations miles when you spend 250 within the first 90 days.
Oh yes, I think I saw some advertisment about that in the BMI lounge at LHR T1 some weeks ago and forgot about it...So its a great over as I just stopped my German LH CC and thinking about getting a UK one now. The 250 shouldnt be a problem...

Might be a stupid question, if I get the Visa BMI CC will I then collect BMI Miles or LH Miles, or are they the same?
Old Oct 27, 2011, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by sperrgepaeck
Might be a stupid question, if I get the Visa BMI CC will I then collect BMI Miles or LH Miles, or are they the same?
They are both issued by MBNA but they are not the same. If you get a BMI CC (Visa or Amex) you collect BMI miles. If you get an M&M CC (Visa or Amex) you collect M&M miles.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routires, PCR
Originally Posted by Circumknowitall
Beware! The new companion Visa card will earn only 1.5 miles per 2. So it would be a trade-off between getting the bonus miles for the new cards and earning 25% less in miles for spend.

Mrs Roger has the Visa card and will receive both AmEx and the new Visa. As she will be earning 50% more using the AmEx, she's happy to accept the lower earning rate for the Visa.

I have both cards and have received nothing about changes (nor do I want to).
Old Nov 2, 2011, 7:23 am

Programs: LH, BA, Hilton
[QUOTE=Roger;17377019]Beware! The new companion Visa card will earn only 1.5 miles per 2. So it would be a trade-off between getting the bonus miles for the new cards and earning 25% less in miles for spend.
QUOTE]

Usefull info. ^

I hardly use the visa though, usually only earns a few hundred mile a month. Its just kept in reserve for those places that wont accept AMEX.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routires, PCR
Curiously, I've received an e-mail offer 'Receive 25% more miles with your Miles & More Credit Card'. Sounds good, eh?

Er, not quite. It's only when buying M+M miles.

The curious bit: (I hope) I'm not getting the dual cards offer. The e-mail had an illustration of both cards. My wife, who will be getting the dual cards, has no such offer.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by Roger
The curious bit: (I hope) I'm not getting the dual cards offer. The e-mail had an illustration of both cards. My wife, who will be getting the dual cards, has no such offer.
There's some discussion on who received the letter and who didn't in this thread in the BD forum.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 1:31 am

11,500 miles sign-up bonus

Receive a welcome bonus of 1,500 award miles when you make a card purchase within the first 90 days of your account opening

Receive 10,000 extra award miles** when you spend a minimum of 1,000 within the first 90 days of your account opening
https://apply.mbna.co.uk/UKNeoCCapp/...mc=UAGMAM002QP
Old Oct 18, 2016, 2:06 am

10,000 miles sign-up bonus plus 15 LH flight voucher

Valid from 1 October to 30 November 2016

• Welcome bonus of up to 10,000 award miles when you make card purchases totalling 1,000 within the first 90 days of account opening.
  • 15 Lufthansa welcome flight voucher.
  • Enhanced earn rates on everyday card purchases for the first 6 months.

http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...en&cid=1000243

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.