M&M UK AmEx

Old Dec 8, 2009, 11:31 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by seattle29
I guess I'm lucky then I've only had the card 3 months so maybe they're extending the grace period...
But you haven't had your full 6 months of 3 miles for £1 spent then? I think they are reducing it to 2 miles for £1 as of 1st Jan for the remainder of the promotional period.

Yesterday when I tried to apply for a BMI AmEx card following the link in the BMI newsletter I received on Friday I got the error message that Roger posted. I tried again today and success this time. Despite the fact I already have an M&M AmEx card the application was accepted online though they only gave me half the credit of my M&M AmEx card. I wonder if I'll get a phone call as some other holders of both cards have done?
Old Dec 8, 2009, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Hi, newbierunner. It seems MBNA set an overall limit per person, which can be divided up across several cards.

I have a number of MBNA cards, and when I got the M&M AmEx, they reduced the limit on another card. When the UA AmEx (from MBNA) replaced the UA Visa card (from Beneficial IIRC), that was an additional card with its imported limit (thus making my first statement wrong ).
Old Dec 9, 2009, 3:46 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by Roger
It seems MBNA set an overall limit per person, which can be divided up across several cards.

I have a number of MBNA cards, and when I got the M&M AmEx, they reduced the limit on another card.
So my other card may not have used up my overall credit limit then. On the other hand as I haven't received any confirmation email I may still get a call from them. What we have to do for free 20k miles!

Originally Posted by Toli
...any chance for a non-UK resident who does have a UK bank account to get any of those co-branded cards?
According to the small print "Credit is available, subject to status, only to UK residents aged 18 or over."
Old Dec 9, 2009, 9:48 am

Programs: Most of them...
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
According to the small print "Credit is available, subject to status, only to UK residents aged 18 or over."
Cheers. That's what I thought (but secretly hoped was somehow avoidable).
Old Dec 9, 2009, 12:15 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
I'm sure that most of you have already assumed this, but the MBNA issued M&M cards definitely won't be coming back for new customers. The relationship between the two parties has ended and I believe it was LH who did the ending part.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Very odd if that is true. MBNA has been very aggressive in marketing partnership cards and indeed is very aggressive in giving out high credit limits, thus encouraging higher spend and thus more miles purchased from LH.

However, it seems impossible that they can relaunch the card with a new partner without totally ending the MBNA link and scrapping all the existing cards entirely. I can't think of any examples where an airline changed card partner and the old partner was allowed to continue issuing miles, as these are the heavy-hitting core customers that the new partner will want to take over. I've probably charged close to £0.5m to my BMI Mastercard this year, for example.

I can only assume that we won't be seeing any LH card at all in the UK in the near future.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 5:54 pm

Programs: LH SEN
UK LH M&M CC back by 1st of Jan 2010

Emailed M&M and got reply: basically M&M CC will be available to new customers in UK again, starting 1st of Jan 2010.
Details from 1st of Jan online.

Curious what the deal will be.

Cheers,
G
Old Dec 23, 2009, 6:59 pm

Programs: M&M & HH
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
So my other card may not have used up my overall credit limit then. On the other hand as I haven't received any confirmation email I may still get a call from them. What we have to do for free 20k miles!
As I understand it MBNA set the cardholders limit as a % of their stated income - I believe the current ceiling is 30% although how they score an applicants credit would be a factor etc

I have not heard about a new card launch, but MBNA have wrote me that from the 1/1/10 the earn rate on the MM Amex is reducing to 1.5 award miles per £1 spent - There is * at the page footer for anyone under the 6 month 3 miles for £1 offer saying thats reducing to 2 miles per £1 for the remainder of the promotional period

MBNA are offering the following promotion to compensate:

"To thank you for your continued loyal custom we will apply 3,000 award miles to your account if you make any card purchases between 1 and 31 of January 2010*"
Old Jan 8, 2010, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The LH UK credit card is back!

See here:

https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...en&cid=1000243

The key points - the sign-up bonus is reduced from 6,000 miles to 1,500 miles, and the earning rate is reduced from 2 miles per £1 on the Amex to 1.5 miles.

Interestingly, the Visa card is retained and remains at 1 mile per £1.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My January statement was just generated overnight, and the 3000 bonus miles are showing on it, so it looks like they will turn up for everyone without any problems.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
My January statement was just generated overnight, and the 3000 bonus miles are showing on it, so it looks like they will turn up for everyone without any problems.
The same here. And I received 2 miles per £1 for all transactions between 1 January and the statement date despite their earlier notice:

As of 1 January 2010, the earn rate on your Miles & More Credit Card will change to 1.5 award miles for every £1 spent on card purchases...
Old Jan 25, 2010, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Thumbs down Gone again

M&M UK credit cards are gone again that is if they ever actually came back
They are not listed at all either on the MBNA website.
Rather pathetic.... MBNA provide cards for VS, BD, UA.... so how come LH/M&L cannot manage this partnership
Old Jan 25, 2010, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by chris63
M&M UK credit cards are gone again that is if they ever actually came back
Strange! I wonder what they are up to.

The link was definitely there only a couple of weeks ago. Why withdraw it so soon after relaunching it?

You may want to contact M&M.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 4:35 am

They were definitly back for a few weeks (maybe two-ish).

Contact M&M, last time I asked about the credit cards, they actually got back to me with a reasonable answer.

Cheers,
G
Old Jan 28, 2010, 2:26 pm

The card is back now

Looks like the card is back now. Was able to click through to the application page a few seconds ago.

Cheers,
G

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.