Old Jul 29, 2013, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: supine
Do I have entitlement to access the First Class Terminal (FCT) in FRA?
- Yes, if you are departing from FRA on a flight operated by LH/LX/OS, and at least one of the following is true:
  • The class of service on your departing flight from FRA is F.
  • You have arrived on a confirmed F segment on LH or LX metal, on the same day, even if the ticket of that F segment is different from the ticket of the segment from FRA.
  • You will be departing on a confirmed F segment on LH or LX metal, on the same day from a connecting station, and the ticket of that F segment is the same ticket as the segment from FRA. Separate tickets means you are not entitled to FCT access.
  • You hold HON status.
  • You are invited as a guest by someone who meets the above criteria, and you meet the requirements of a guest as discussed later in this FAQ.

But the LH website contradicts the above:"Access to the First Class Terminal at Frankfurt Airport is only possible with a confirmed same-day departing First Class flight on Lufthansa or SWISS. HON Circle Members may access the First Class Terminal with a same-day departing flight on Lufthansa, SWISS or Austrian Airlines. Access to the First Class Terminal is not permitted for arriving passengers."

- The above has been on the web site for some time, and does not appear to be the actual policy, as many here attest from personal experience.

What are the opening times of the FCT?
- 0530 to 2200 daily

Where is it located?
- About 200 metres to the west of Terminal 1

If arriving in FRA on a LH operated flight in F, will I get a car transfer from the arriving flight?
- Ordinarily, no. However, if you hold HON status, you're arriving / departing from an apron position and your onward flight is operated by LH / LX / OS, LH aims to send a car to meet you from your arriving aircraft. See for more info. NB If you do get the car service on arrival, you will be driven to the main arrivals area and not the FCT, as this does not offer immigration and customs facilities for inbound passengers.

How do I get to the FCT in FRA?
- The First Class Terminal at Frankfurt is located close to Terminal 1. You can reach it by car via the access road to Terminal 1: the entrance to the First Class Terminal is off this road, approximately 200 metres before you get to Terminal 1. When arriving on public transport, the First Class Terminal is only a few minutes walk from Terminal 1.

Locations of Lufthansa lounges at Frankfurt Airport

The FCT is a departure terminal/lounge and is not meant for transfer pax. Transfer pax can use the FCLs located in the main terminal building which offer the same amenities as the FCT. There is no transfer or shuttle to the FCT. You can walk to the FCT, though.

If on departure level take the escalator down to arrival, walk out of the terminal and turn left. You will pass the bus shuttles to the airport hotels and taxis. Cross the street - whilst waking under the access road above to departures - you will see taxi divers' coffee shop to the right - and more taxis parked to your left. You will see the First Class Terminal across the street. Cross the street in front of the coffee shop, turn right and the First Class Terminal is on your left. Go through the automatic doors and take the elevator to the main reception area.

Pictorial guide may be found here.

If the FCT is not meant to be a transfer lounge then why do some people use it as such?
- Aside from the experience, there are practical reasons for you to consider using the FCT for a connection:
  • If you have a long layover, the FCT will be less crowded than the FCL B (but more crowded than the even newer FCL A by A13).
  • If your connection requires clearing passport controls, it is faster to do it at the FCT where you will surrender your passport upon admittance and get it back moments before you are driven to your plane. Presumably if immigration has questions they will deal with it while you are lounging in the FCT versus waiting until you depart for your plane. Note that permanent residents of the USA who are heading back to the USA from FRA or a connecting airport should also surrender their green card, but gently but firmly request it be returned quickly. The German immigration people don't need your green card, and LH only needs it to enter into the passenger record, so there is no reason why your personal assistant cannot return it to you soon after.
  • You do not have to waste time walking from the FCL to a gate position that is potentially more distant from the lounge than your arriving gate, or worse yet, is actually a bus to a plane parked at an apron position in the middle of the tarmac. You will leave the FCT after boarding starts and a driver will take you to the plane wherever it is.
  • If your plane is parked at a jetway, you will be whisked to the front of the line of pax boarding in the jetway, saving even more time.
  • If your connection requires going through security, you are guaranteed to have a much faster and gentler screening at the FCT than going through security in the main terminals, and if you are carrying valuables, the FCT checkpoint eliminates all angst about theft or forgetting them.

How many guests am I permitted in the FCT?
- One, assuming a lower cabin class and that they will be travelling on the same flight as you. If they also are confirmed to travel in F, they too will be entitled to a guest, meeting the same criteria
- Anyone with a confirmed segment in F is also entitled to bring in their spouse/partner and/or children, provided they are departing on the same flight, irrespective of the cabin class they are travelling in

Im arriving on LH/LX/OS C and departing TG/SQ/etc. F, do I get in to the F terminal?
- No, but you will have access LH Senator (Star Alliance Gold) Lounges which are designated as First Class Lounges for Star Alliance carriers.

I'm arriving on TG/SQ/etc. F and departing on LH, Swiss, Austrian C do I get in to the FCT?
- Not unless you hold HON status, otherwise you will have access LH Business Lounges unlesss you hold Star Alliance Gold status and access to LH Senator (Star Alliance Gold) Lounges. Certain airlines (e.g. SQ) have arrangements for arriving F passengers to access LH Senator Lounges regardless of their status.

Im arriving on any carrier in any cabin class and departing same day on LH/LX F do I get in to the FCT?
- Yes.

I'm arriving on LH / LX F and departing same day on another carrier in any cabin class, will I have access to the FCT?
- Yes, if your onward flight is operated by LH, Swiss or Austrian Airlines Group. Otherwise, you will only have access to the LH First Class Lounges or (if eligible) the lounge of the airline operating your onward flight.

What is the minimum connect time between flights in order to use the FCT?
- 90 mins is recommended, however some have observed that 60 mins is acceptable, while others still have got away with just 20 mins. Bear in mind, if in transit, that you will need to factor in the time between arrival and departure

Do I need to tip the staff in the FCT?
- According to LH policy, FCT staff are not allowed to accept gratuities.

What's the food like in the FCT?
- Well above the standard of anything you might expect from any airline in the air, a cut above lounge food of any other airline and equivalent to a smart restaurant in any major city

VAT Refund
- Yes, but there is a $75 trip fee and CC refund only.

Print Wikipost

The FRA F/HON First Class Terminal FCT FAQ

Old Jun 4, 2008, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
The FRA F/HON First Class Terminal FCT FAQ

With the endorsement of mods, I'm starting this thread which aims to answer the many (mostly) the same questions which have arisen on Access to the FRA LH HON Circle/First Class TERMINAL and Lounge [merged].

If you have suggestions for additions to this thread, please PM the op in order to keep the thread length manageable. Updates posted to the thread will be deleted by moderators once the main post has been appropriately updated.

Do I have entitlement to access the F terminal in FRA?
Yes, under the following conditions:

- You have arrived / are departing on a confirmed F segment on LH metal, on the same day (so, for example, if you were to fly FRAMUC in any class, connecting to an ex MUC flight in F on LH, you would be entitled to FCT access)
- You hold HON status
- You are invited as a guest by someone who meets the above criteria
- And, you are departing on a flight operated by LH/LX/OS/EN (excludes codeshares)

What are the opening times of the F terminal?
- 0530 to 2245 daily

Where is it located?
About 200 metres to the west of Terminal 1

If arriving in FRA on a LH operated flight in F, will I get a car transfer from the arriving flight?
- Ordinarily, no. However, if you hold HON status, you're arriving / departing from an apron position and your onward flight is operated by LH / LX / OS, LH aims to send a car to meet you from your arriving aircraft. See for more info. NB If you do get the car service on arrival, you will be driven to the main arrivals area and not the FCT, as this does not offer immigration and customs facilities for inbound passengers.

How do I get to the F terminal in FRA?
The First Class Terminal at Frankfurt is located close to Terminal 1. You can reach it by car via the access road to Terminal 1: the entrance to the First Class Terminal is off this road, approximately 200 metres before you get to Terminal 1. When arriving on public transport, the First Class Terminal is only a few minutes walk from Terminal 1. The lounge is directly behind the Terminals security checkpoint.

The FCT is a departure terminal/lounge and is not meant for transfer pax. Transfer pax can use the FCLs located in the main terminal building which offer the same amenities as the FCT. There is not transfer or shuttle to the FCT. You can walk to the FCT, though:

tcswede advises:
if on departure level take escalator down to arrival - on arrival level walk out of terminal and turn left - you will pass the bus shuttles to the airport hotels and have taxis to your left - cross the street - whilst wakling under the access road above to departures - you will have taxi diver coffee shop to the right - and more taxis parked to your left - after the coffee shop there is a crosswalk to your left over tho the othe side of the road - continiue in the same direction as before and you will have the terminal on your left hand side.
You can either call the bell on the back of the sign and wait to be picked up or just use the spiral staircase to go to upper level and enter through the main door. If calling the bell - you will have a lift taking you up to the entrance.
How many guests am I permitted in the F Terminal?
- One, assuming a lower cabin class and that they will be travelling on the same flight as you. If they also are confirmed to travel in F, they too will be entitled to a guest, meeting the same criteria
- Anyone with a confirmed segment in F is also entitled to bring in their domestic partner and / or children, provided they are departing on the same flight, irrespective of the cabin class they are travelling in

Im arriving on LH/LX/OS C and departing TG/SQ/etc. F, do I get in to the F terminal?
- No, but you will have access LH Senator (Star Alliance Gold) lounges airside

Im arriving on TG/SQ/etc. F and departing on LH, Swiss, Austrian C do I get in to the F terminal?
- Not unless you hold HON status, otherwise you will have access LH Senator (Star Alliance Gold) lounges airside

Im arriving on any carrier in any cabin class and departing same day on LH/LX F do I get in to the F terminal?
- Yes.

I'm arriving on LH / LX F and departing same day on another carrier in any cabin class, will I have access to the F terminal?
- Yes, if your onward flight is operated by LH, Swiss, Air Dolomiti or Austrian Airlines Group. Otherwise, you will only have access to the LH F airside lounges or (if eligible) the lounge of the airline operating your onward flight.

What is the minimum connect time between flights in order to use the F terminal?
- 90 mins is recommended, however some have observed that 60 mins is acceptable, while others still have got away with just 20 mins. Bear in mind, if in transit, that you will need to factor in the time between arrival and departure

Do I need to tip the staff in the F terminal?
- At your discretion, but not expected under local cultural conditions

What's the food like in the F terminal?
- Well above the standard of anything you might expect from any airline in the air, a cut above lounge food of any other airline and equivalent to a smart restaurant in any m

Last edited by totti; Jan 11, 2010 at 5:57 am Reason: Revised section: How to get
Old Oct 30, 2008, 4:23 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
This is a new version of the FCT FAQ thread! All information in this thread can be also found in the M&M Guide.

Here are some basic rules for posting in this thread

As the title suggests this is a FAQ thread, so it is best to keep it lean. Please feel free to post in this thread if one of the following points applies:

1/ Your question is not covered by the first post.

2/ You have further information that should be part of the FAQ's.

3/ You think that some information are outdated, misleading or wrong.

4/ You can answer the question of a fellow community member.

This is not the right place to discuss about more or less FCT related issues, though. If you want to discuss the access policy, friendliness of PA's, pros and cons of being driven in a van instead of limo please feel free to open a new thread or ask one of the mods to copy an existing post into a new thread to discuss this issue.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

totti
M&M moderator
Old Oct 30, 2008, 4:40 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by virtualtroy
Do I have entitlement to access the F terminal in FRA?
Yes, under the following conditions:

- You have arrived / are departing on a confirmed F segment on LH metal, on the same day (so, for example, if you were to fly FRAMUC in any class, connecting to an ex MUC flight in F on LH, you would be entitled to FCT access)
- You hold HON status
- You are invited as a guest by someone who meets the above criteria
- And, you are departing on a flight operated by LH/LX/OS/EN (excludes codeshares)
Although the guest rule is explained later in greater detail I would recommend to change this (summary/overview) sentence in order to make clear, that a guest MUST BE on the same flight (but not necessarily the same cabin class), as the one who invites.

Originally Posted by virtualtroy
When is the F terminal most crowded?
- To be added
Some crowded times from my experiences:
Monday morning till 10am
Friday morning till 10am and from noon till around 6pm
Sunday afternoon and evening
In general the morning hours are more crowded than the rest of the day driven by (a) HONs on a short day trip and (b) many longhaul arrivals (US, India, SIN, BKK, JNB, CPT in winter, ...) with F pax on a connection.

Last edited by SleepOverGreenland; Oct 31, 2008 at 10:21 am Reason: clarification
Old Oct 30, 2008, 9:27 am

Programs: LH and BA
Monday and Friday 6 Am to 9:30 AM and 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM

And weekend departure times to TLV.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 11:08 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
One more update:

Will I be able to buy the same duty free products as elsewhere in FRA airport?
You may call or email the duty free shop in the FCT ahead of arrival, so they may arrange for stuff only available in the main terminals.

Gebr. Heinemann Duty Free Shops
Phone: +49 69 69 70 67 66 (FCT)
Email: [email protected]

Best would be to call or email the day/evening before your visit.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 10:09 am

Programs: LX HON, Emirates Skywards Gold, HH diamond, Hyatt plat
How many guests am I permitted in the F Terminal?

If you are HON and traveling with your family, you are allowed to have your spouse /partner with you and ALL your children.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 5:43 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Im arriving on any carrier in any cabin class and departing same day on LH/LX F do I get in to the F terminal?
- Yes.
Are you sure that same-day LX F departures entitle one to FCT access?
Old Nov 1, 2008, 10:44 am
ym1

Programs: M&M, AVIS, HH, GP ...
Noon time 12:00 till 13:30 when many longhaul depart
Old Nov 1, 2008, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA EXP OWE Hyatt Globalist
Can you get your TAX-FREE docs stamped by Customs so you can get your VAT refund?

Yes, but allow at least 45 minutes. Your PA will call Customs to send an agent to the FCT, but it may take time. And make sure to check "refund to credit card" as there is no way to get a cash refund in the FCT.

Alternatively, you have to check in at T1-A, take the (tagged) bag(s) with all your TAX-FREE purchases to the T1-B Customs counter (across from Counter 555 or so). After you get the stamp, leave the tagged bag(s) on the cart beside the Customs counter. Then back to T1-A where LH will call for your car to the FCT. The only upside of this is that you can get a cash refund nearby (Global Refund is right next to the Customs counter and Premier Tax Free is in the nearby currency exchange).
Old Jan 17, 2009, 3:17 pm

Programs: LH, US, UA
FRA First class terminal access

Will be flying First class FRA-BKK-KUL on TG on first segment and LH on second segment with a 2h lay over in BKK. Since I will hold 2 boarding passes in First Class while at FRA, one being on LH, will that be enough to grant access to the First Class terminal? Has anyone done this before? Many thanks
Old Jan 17, 2009, 4:33 pm

Programs: UA1K;AAEXP;BAG
As your LH F BKK-KUL does not depart on the same day as your TG F FRA-BKK -> no FCT.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by Starbucks
As your LH F BKK-KUL does not depart on the same day as your TG F FRA-BKK -> no FCT.
as his LH F BKK-KUL doesnt depart from FRA, no FCT access...
Old Jan 17, 2009, 8:57 pm

Programs: UA, AA
Processing Upgrade at FCT

I will be flying DEL-FRA-PDX
If i am in F from DEL-FRA i assume i can use the terminal upon my arrival. I will want to try and upgrade FRA - PDX using a certificate from united. Is it possible to get that upgrade processed in FCT or do i have to do it prior to in main terminal. I usually try and do the upgrades in SEN lounge.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 7:21 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Here's a slightly different scenario...

I'm flying HKG - FRA in LH F. I'm currently confirmed for FRA - YYZ in LH C the next day. This is all on one ticket.

My connection time in FRA is 19 hours, overnight. Am I entitled to use the FCL when I head back to the airport for my FRA - YYZ segment?

Thanks!
Old Mar 10, 2009, 11:25 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
No - it isn't same day so you can't use it as an arrivals lounge.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.