FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   The FRA F/HON First Class Terminal FCT FAQ (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/883108-fra-f-hon-first-class-terminal-fct-faq.html)

virtualtroy Jun 4, 2008 1:25 pm

The FRA F/HON First Class Terminal FCT FAQ

With the endorsement of mods, I'm starting this thread which aims to answer the many (mostly) the same questions which have arisen on Access to the FRA LH HON Circle/First Class TERMINAL and Lounge [merged].

If you have suggestions for additions to this thread, please PM the op in order to keep the thread length manageable. Updates posted to the thread will be deleted by moderators once the main post has been appropriately updated.

Do I have entitlement to access the F terminal in FRA?
Yes, under the following conditions:

- You have arrived / are departing on a confirmed F segment on LH metal, on the same day (so, for example, if you were to fly FRAMUC in any class, connecting to an ex MUC flight in F on LH, you would be entitled to FCT access)
- You hold HON status
- You are invited as a guest by someone who meets the above criteria
- And, you are departing on a flight operated by LH/LX/OS/EN (excludes codeshares)

What are the opening times of the F terminal?
- 0530 to 2245 daily

Where is it located?
About 200 metres to the west of Terminal 1

If arriving in FRA on a LH operated flight in F, will I get a car transfer from the arriving flight?
- Ordinarily, no. However, if you hold HON status, you're arriving / departing from an apron position and your onward flight is operated by LH / LX / OS, LH aims to send a car to meet you from your arriving aircraft. See for more info. NB If you do get the car service on arrival, you will be driven to the main arrivals area and not the FCT, as this does not offer immigration and customs facilities for inbound passengers.

How do I get to the F terminal in FRA?
The First Class Terminal at Frankfurt is located close to Terminal 1. You can reach it by car via the access road to Terminal 1: the entrance to the First Class Terminal is off this road, approximately 200 metres before you get to Terminal 1. When arriving on public transport, the First Class Terminal is only a few minutes’ walk from Terminal 1. The lounge is directly behind the Terminal’s security checkpoint.

http://www.lufthansa.com/mediapool/j...dia_648924.jpg

The FCT is a departure terminal/lounge and is not meant for transfer pax. Transfer pax can use the FCLs located in the main terminal building which offer the same amenities as the FCT. There is not transfer or shuttle to the FCT. You can walk to the FCT, though:

tcswede advises:

if on departure level take escalator down to arrival - on arrival level walk out of terminal and turn left - you will pass the bus shuttles to the airport hotels and have taxis to your left - cross the street - whilst wakling under the access road above to departures - you will have taxi diver coffee shop to the right - and more taxis parked to your left - after the coffee shop there is a crosswalk to your left over tho the othe side of the road - continiue in the same direction as before and you will have the terminal on your left hand side.
You can either call the bell on the back of the sign and wait to be picked up or just use the spiral staircase to go to upper level and enter through the main door. If calling the bell - you will have a lift taking you up to the entrance.
How many guests am I permitted in the F Terminal?
- One, assuming a lower cabin class and that they will be travelling on the same flight as you. If they also are confirmed to travel in F, they too will be entitled to a guest, meeting the same criteria
- Anyone with a confirmed segment in F is also entitled to bring in their domestic partner and / or children, provided they are departing on the same flight, irrespective of the cabin class they are travelling in

I’m arriving on LH/LX/OS C and departing TG/SQ/etc. F, do I get in to the F terminal?
- No, but you will have access LH Senator (Star Alliance Gold) lounges airside

I’m arriving on TG/SQ/etc. F and departing on LH, Swiss, Austrian C do I get in to the F terminal?
- Not unless you hold HON status, otherwise you will have access LH Senator (Star Alliance Gold) lounges airside

I’m arriving on any carrier in any cabin class and departing same day on LH/LX F do I get in to the F terminal?
- Yes.

I'm arriving on LH / LX F and departing same day on another carrier in any cabin class, will I have access to the F terminal?
- Yes, if your onward flight is operated by LH, Swiss, Air Dolomiti or Austrian Airlines Group. Otherwise, you will only have access to the LH F airside lounges or (if eligible) the lounge of the airline operating your onward flight.

What is the minimum connect time between flights in order to use the F terminal?
- 90 mins is recommended, however some have observed that 60 mins is acceptable, while others still have got away with just 20 mins. Bear in mind, if in transit, that you will need to factor in the time between arrival and departure

Do I need to tip the staff in the F terminal?
- At your discretion, but not expected under local cultural conditions

What's the food like in the F terminal?
- Well above the standard of anything you might expect from any airline in the air, a cut above lounge food of any other airline and equivalent to a smart restaurant in any m

totti Oct 30, 2008 4:23 am

This is a new version of the FCT FAQ thread! All information in this thread can be also found in the M&M Guide.

Here are some basic rules for posting in this thread

As the title suggests this is a FAQ thread, so it is best to keep it lean. Please feel free to post in this thread if one of the following points applies:

1/ Your question is not covered by the first post.

2/ You have further information that should be part of the FAQ's.

3/ You think that some information are outdated, misleading or wrong.

4/ You can answer the question of a fellow community member.

This is not the right place to discuss about more or less FCT related issues, though. If you want to discuss the access policy, friendliness of PA's, pros and cons of being driven in a van instead of limo please feel free to open a new thread or ask one of the mods to copy an existing post into a new thread to discuss this issue.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

totti
M&M moderator

SleepOverGreenland Oct 30, 2008 4:40 am

Originally Posted by virtualtroy (Post 10600643)
Do I have entitlement to access the F terminal in FRA?
Yes, under the following conditions:

- You have arrived / are departing on a confirmed F segment on LH metal, on the same day (so, for example, if you were to fly FRAMUC in any class, connecting to an ex MUC flight in F on LH, you would be entitled to FCT access)
- You hold HON status
- You are invited as a guest by someone who meets the above criteria
- And, you are departing on a flight operated by LH/LX/OS/EN (excludes codeshares)

Although the guest rule is explained later in greater detail I would recommend to change this (summary/overview) sentence in order to make clear, that a guest MUST BE on the same flight (but not necessarily the same cabin class), as the one who invites.

Originally Posted by virtualtroy (Post 10600643)
When is the F terminal most crowded?
- To be added

Some crowded times from my experiences:
Monday morning till 10am
Friday morning till 10am and from noon till around 6pm
Sunday afternoon and evening
In general the morning hours are more crowded than the rest of the day driven by (a) HONs on a short day trip and (b) many longhaul arrivals (US, India, SIN, BKK, JNB, CPT in winter, ...) with F pax on a connection.

roundtheworld Oct 30, 2008 9:27 am

Monday and Friday 6 Am to 9:30 AM and 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM

And weekend departure times to TLV.

SleepOverGreenland Oct 30, 2008 11:08 am

One more update:

Will I be able to buy the same duty free products as elsewhere in FRA airport?
You may call or email the duty free shop in the FCT ahead of arrival, so they may arrange for stuff only available in the main terminals.

Gebr. Heinemann Duty Free Shops
Phone: +49 69 69 70 67 66 (FCT)
Email: [email protected]

Best would be to call or email the day/evening before your visit.

SwissHON Oct 31, 2008 10:09 am

How many guests am I permitted in the F Terminal?

If you are HON and traveling with your family, you are allowed to have your spouse /partner with you and ALL your children.

Ari Oct 31, 2008 5:43 pm

I’m arriving on any carrier in any cabin class and departing same day on LH/LX F do I get in to the F terminal?
- Yes.
Are you sure that same-day LX F departures entitle one to FCT access?

ym1 Nov 1, 2008 10:44 am

Noon time 12:00 till 13:30 when many longhaul depart

SFO777 Nov 1, 2008 10:46 am

Can you get your TAX-FREE docs stamped by Customs so you can get your VAT refund?

Yes, but allow at least 45 minutes. Your PA will call Customs to send an agent to the FCT, but it may take time. And make sure to check "refund to credit card" as there is no way to get a cash refund in the FCT.

Alternatively, you have to check in at T1-A, take the (tagged) bag(s) with all your TAX-FREE purchases to the T1-B Customs counter (across from Counter 555 or so). After you get the stamp, leave the tagged bag(s) on the cart beside the Customs counter. Then back to T1-A where LH will call for your car to the FCT. The only upside of this is that you can get a cash refund nearby (Global Refund is right next to the Customs counter and Premier Tax Free is in the nearby currency exchange).

havane2009 Jan 17, 2009 3:17 pm

FRA First class terminal access

Will be flying First class FRA-BKK-KUL on TG on first segment and LH on second segment with a 2h lay over in BKK. Since I will hold 2 boarding passes in First Class while at FRA, one being on LH, will that be enough to grant access to the First Class terminal? Has anyone done this before? Many thanks

Starbucks Jan 17, 2009 4:33 pm

As your LH F BKK-KUL does not depart on the same day as your TG F FRA-BKK -> no FCT.

sentom Jan 17, 2009 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by Starbucks (Post 11094933)
As your LH F BKK-KUL does not depart on the same day as your TG F FRA-BKK -> no FCT.

as his LH F BKK-KUL doesnt depart from FRA, no FCT access... :rolleyes:

seadoc Jan 17, 2009 8:57 pm

Processing Upgrade at FCT

I will be flying DEL-FRA-PDX
If i am in F from DEL-FRA i assume i can use the terminal upon my arrival. I will want to try and upgrade FRA - PDX using a certificate from united. Is it possible to get that upgrade processed in FCT or do i have to do it prior to in main terminal. I usually try and do the upgrades in SEN lounge.

Jebby_ca Mar 10, 2009 7:21 pm

Here's a slightly different scenario...

I'm flying HKG - FRA in LH F. I'm currently confirmed for FRA - YYZ in LH C the next day. This is all on one ticket.

My connection time in FRA is 19 hours, overnight. Am I entitled to use the FCL when I head back to the airport for my FRA - YYZ segment?

Thanks!

Kiwi Flyer Mar 10, 2009 11:25 pm

No - it isn't same day so you can't use it as an arrivals lounge.