The flight Manifest

Subscribe
Yesterday I was bored on the flight between ATH and FRA and stood for a long time with Purser and FA in the galley/kitchen and talked and talked and talked...

Of course I asked about the flight manifest and they printed out for me the full one and explained a couple of things.

Interestingly no HON was aboard but a big load of SENs, even more than FTLs. Altogether it was more than 20 SENs&FTLs.
It was printed per section C and Y.
Behind there names were numbers, which generates a "hitlist" referring to their turnover in the past. Asking the FA/Purser whether this referes to the full year or just last week, they couldn't answer.

Then there was the list of "Important Guests" which showed approx. 8 people out of which six had the "SEN+" sign.
Asking for the meaning one told me that she doesn't know and the other one guessed that it means that "SEN+" is on its way to HON, but couldn't confirm it.
However, both were very eager to find out and asked the Pilot to send a telex to FRA for information, but the pilot denied because he had a check-flight and didn't want to bother...

And last but not least there was a "Birthday" person aboard, which was also printed on the manifest.

They told me also that usually kids travelling alone, disabled persons and special meal requests are printed on it.
Quote: However, both were very eager to find out and asked the Pilot to send a telex to FRA for information, but the pilot denied because he had a check-flight and didn't want to bother...
Glad to hear that LH pilots care about their jobs...
What do you mean with "turnover"? Is it really a ranking by "money spent on LH flights"? I did not know their IT could do that.
Yep, it is money spent...

That is at least what the FA explained to me. But couldn't tell whether the whole year or just the past week was taken into consideration....
Thats really interesting regarding the turnover. I too didn't know that IT could compile all that data. I think it might be a new addition, as the last manifest I saw (4/2007?) had just the basic stuff listed next to my name (HON, AVML, etc.)
[QUOTE=travelben;10503579]
Quote:
Yesterday I was bored on the flight between ATH and FRA and stood for a long time with Purser and FA in the galley/kitchen and talked and talked and talked...
I am sure they loved chatting to you......

Quote:
Interestingly no HON was aboard
Why is that so interesting , its rare .

Quote:
Behind there names were numbers, which generates a "hitlist" referring to their turnover in the past. Asking the FA/Purser whether this referes to the full year or just last week, they couldn't answer.

Hitlist ??
Turnover last week , thats a great indication of nothing.

T
Quote:
hen there was the list of "Important Guests" which showed approx. 8 people out of which six had the "SEN+" sign.
Asking for the meaning one told me that she doesn't know and the other one guessed that it means that "SEN+" is on its way to HON, but couldn't confirm it.
SEN+,give us a break. No LH employee or FA part of this board who can kill this discussion ones and for all.
Quote:
However, both were very eager to find out
Who is the info on manifest for anyway , as it seems from many posts that the FA's can not decode the info provided
I think its for the head FA and purser, no?
Quote: Then there was the list of "Important Guests" which showed approx. 8 people out of which six had the "SEN+" sign.
I can guarantee you, that this is not the reason for the SEN+. On the last occasions I had to see the manifest, I always showed up in the important guest section. having sen+. that said, I am not even close to HON (my current flight pattern has ~ 4-6 TATL roundtrips a year in C + lots of domestic flights in eco (mostly discounted buckets)). as some of my TATLs are on SK e.g., this results in ~ 100.000-150.000 HON miles a year which is less than 50% of the requirements. So I guess, the number of flights or, possibly, also the frequency on certain routes comes into play here as well.
Quote: Then there was the list of "Important Guests" which showed approx. 8 people out of which six had the "SEN+" sign.
My wife got her Senator status from my HON, she has ~25000 miles 4-6 segments a year and on BP she has always SEN+ the only thing is that here surname (build from 2 names) is too long to fit (18 char total), so not sure SEN+ is special status.
It's definitely not the length of the name...

I have a 8digit first name and 5digit last name. Fits perfectly.
Quote: Yep, it is money spent...

That is at least what the FA explained to me. But couldn't tell whether the whole year or just the past week was taken into consideration....
I would assume LH would theoretically be able to compile the amount spent on LH ticket stock. Any other ticket stock will be impossible to compile at reasonable cost.(e.g. my last RTW:CRWStar1 ex-ARN, on UA ticket stock, issued in Canada in Swedish Krona with 2 LH segments).

BA last year introduced the CIV score (0-100 possible). (commercial individual value). How it is really used: ??? a lot of myth around this too !
Quote: I can guarantee you, that this is not the reason for the SEN+. On the last occasions I had to see the manifest, I always showed up in the important guest section. having sen+. that said, I am not even close to HON (my current flight pattern has ~ 4-6 TATL roundtrips a year in C + lots of domestic flights in eco (mostly discounted buckets)).
I can only second this. I usually collect around 100k miles a year with mostly domestics and European C segments and for some reason show up as SEN+.

IF SEN+ shall (and I am dubious about that) demoninate high value customers, then either

- Age is indeed an important component (good to know that once you retire they will not care about you anymore)

- There IT system that calculates the value is pretty flawed

As in my experience cabin staff does not care too much about the manifest, it does not matter anyway
On my flight yesterday the FAs were very confused about an alleged KM*G as they didn't know what KM is. Today I looked it up and it's Air Malta which is not part of *A and not even partnering with LH AFAIK. Very strange manifest entry..
Just saw a manifest on my latest 9W flight from SIN-MAA, and surprisingly it had LH HON+ next to my name! And this is 9W!!! Any explanations?
Quote: And last but not least there was a "Birthday" person aboard, which was also printed on the manifest.
Nice, if this is true, but few weeks ago no-one of the crew cared about me, mentioned anything or whatsoever when flying on my birthday...