Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amenity Kit for First & Business Class passengers [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2015, 7:10 am

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Amenity Kit for First & Business Class passengers [merged]

Which others one do they use?
Old Aug 18, 2015, 12:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
No, other than Rimowa, LH never had proper F kits and their contents are always underwhelming, there are no quality kit and all routes are the same. The Braun Buffel is already a slight upgrade over the generations of cheap Bogner bags in the years past !

Here's a thought:

Instead of the 8 different dinner wine choices, maybe pare it down to 6 and provide First Class pax with proper amenity bags with less underwhelming content.

When the F pax returns home, they will not always remember the wines, but the nice F amenity kit will be a constant reminder of a great onboard experience.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 2:25 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by BA_Jfan
Which others one do they use?
Gray samsonite with zipper and blue/white striped beach bag style, most recently.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 2:30 pm

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
At least they now contain La Prairie product instead of La Mer.
This +1000

La Prairie is light years ahead of the other "La Mer".

Just flew MUC-YYZ and unfortunately received Braun Buffel... Boo !
Old Aug 18, 2015, 2:38 pm

Programs: BA blue, LH Senator, KQ (FB) gold
Originally Posted by 24left
Here's a thought:

Instead of the 8 different dinner wine choices, maybe pare it down to 6 and provide First Class pax with proper amenity bags with less underwhelming content.

When the F pax returns home, they will not always remember the wines, but the nice F amenity kit will be a constant reminder of a great onboard experience.
...but only if the amenity kits include something unique compared to other kits. I've got stacks of kits at home and at this point, I just give them away because I haven't any use for one more comb, shoe horn, bag, etc. The cosmetics have never held much appeal for me. However, I do have a few items from kits which my parents got from TWA many years ago because they varied some of the secondary items - a calculator, an address book, a good travel sewing kit, etc.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 2:37 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
LH778 F FRA-SIN braunbuffel brown (m) and purple (f)
Old Aug 31, 2015, 4:54 pm

Programs: M&M mainly
LH467 F MUC - YVR braunbuffel as well
Old Aug 31, 2015, 7:28 pm

How is the OS kit? My bride and I are flying J ORD to VIE in October. Should we expect a nice kit?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 9:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by Kensterfly
How is the OS kit? My bride and I are flying J ORD to VIE in October. Should we expect a nice kit?
it's not a very good kit.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 10:40 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
How is the OS kit?
Actually I quite like it.

Old Sep 1, 2015, 10:50 am

I guess if you're used to FC and J, other kits may be more to your liking. It's been many years since I've been in a long haul J cabin and that was British Caledonian in the mid 80s, so I don't have anything to compare it to. Just curious about it. Seems like some FTers put great stock in their kits.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
I guess if you're used to FC and J, other kits may be more to your liking. It's been many years since I've been in a long haul J cabin and that was British Caledonian in the mid 80s, so I don't have anything to compare it to. Just curious about it. Seems like some FTers put great stock in their kits.
Over on the NH forum a poster simply refuses to accept the new NH F hard sides Samsonite kits because they are not Rimowa and that is getting his/her point across to the airline about the change.

The OS one looks like this past holiday grey felt LH J one that I quite like it fits the Lacie hard drive + another smaller slim hd that I travel with.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
The Büffle today on LH 456F FRA-LAX.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 6:01 pm

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
Please bring back Rimowa !!! Maybe by Thursday ?
Old Sep 2, 2015, 3:33 am

Programs: BA blue
I got this in an offer e-mail today..
"You will now be given these smart travelling companions on long continental flights in Business Class too."

Any idea which routes these are?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.