Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH to PNQ [Pune, India] [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2015, 12:08 pm

India to USA via FRA , refuelling in OTP (Bucharest)

I have a question regarding visa requirements for a Lufthansa flight that travels via Romania - Bucharest (OTP airport) for refuelling.

Flight LH 769 goes from PNQ to FRA with a refuelling stop in Romania.

For people who hold Indian passport , residency, nationality and a valid US Visa, is it required to have a Romanian visa to board this flight which only passes from Romania and passengers do not disembark the flight at any time?

Your help and support is much appreciated.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 11:22 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Check with your airline and then double check by contacting the local Romanian consulate. I can't imagine you'd need a visa if you're not permitted to disembark from the plane, but this is one of those cases where taking advice from strangers on the internet could lead to headaches.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 11:26 am
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
Let's see if the LH experts can add some info to the questions.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 11:28 am

Thanks for the reply

Originally Posted by chgoeditor
Check with your airline and then double check by contacting the local Romanian consulate. I can't imagine you'd need a visa if you're not permitted to disembark from the plane, but this is one of those cases where taking advice from strangers on the internet could lead to headaches.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 11:29 am

Programs: co AA ua
Have not been in OTP for years

But do remember they had a transit area and all you had to do is go through security. So my guess is no. But ask the Romanian consulate for precise information
Old Apr 29, 2015, 2:50 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You stay onboard, no visa required.
Old May 1, 2015, 3:13 am

Have taken this flight many times, no VISA required. Also note that this sector may get discontinued starting October. Still time for that but thought let you know in case you are planning well in advance.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA MP, DL SkyMiles
LH to continue FRA-PNQ on PrivatAir 738

https://twitter.com/airlineroute/sta...17827603693568

Airline routes has tweeted that the FRA-PNQ on PrivatAir 738 will continue beyond the originally planned discontinuation date on 10/24.

Has LH extended its PrivatAir partnership? IIRC - LH was to terminate all their arrangement before....
Old Jul 12, 2015, 1:59 am

That is great news. Thanks for sharing.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 3:35 am

Programs: Skywards Silver
Interesting, so PNQ will firmly remain as the only destination with the old Recaro seats in business class then, since I doubt the BBJ will be retrofitted.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by hamallu
Interesting, so PNQ will firmly remain as the only destination with the old Recaro seats in business class then, since I doubt the BBJ will be retrofitted.
Any update on when this flight will actually be discontinued? They are still selling seats for this flight for March 2015. Also, as it is marketed as an LH flight, do we earn miles on UA (if the MP number is included)?
Old Sep 30, 2015, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by IADFlyer123
Also, as it is marketed as an LH flight, do we earn miles on UA (if the MP number is included)?
Yes.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 5:25 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by IADFlyer123
Any update on when this flight will actually be discontinued?
It seems LH has extended the contract with PrivatAir and the customer behind it, so it will continue in Summer 2016.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 3:03 pm

A recent schedule update has revised planned operational aircraft for Frankfurt – Pune service, for flights on/after 25OCT15. From this date, Privatair will continue to operate on behalf of Lufthansa, with 2-class Boeing 737-700 (C20M66) aircraft, instead of 2-class -800 (C32M60).

Does anyone know how is the business class seat on this 737-700?

I also read somewhere that the timing has also changed. But I do not see the updates on LH website.

Planning to fly to US around that time and wondering whether I should consider flying out of PNQ or fly out of BOM.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 2:00 am

Programs: Miles & More, Amex
Originally Posted by Redhat72
Planning to fly to US around that time and wondering whether I should consider flying out of PNQ or fly out of BOM.
Depending on your location in Pune, BOM can indeed be the better choice. Traffic can be quite horrific in some areas west of Pune (e.g. Hinjewadi). Going to PNQ can take as much time as if you would go to BOM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.