Wiki Posts
Search

LH increases[/reduces] fuel surcharge

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2008, 2:51 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Is it only LH ? What about OS, LX, LO, .... are they following ?
Old Dec 12, 2008, 3:35 pm

But why should the pax be responsible for the bad business practices of a company? Is it my fault that they hedged at much higher oil prices?

Did Lufthansa keep the fuel surcharge lower when it hedged prices of fuel at much lower levels? I don't think so. When an airline gets this big, such as Lufthansa, EU should have a closer look into its practices because on many routes, it is close to becoming a monopoly (Germany, Austria, Belgium, Switzerland, Eastern Europe... does anyone have any numbers on traffic from Eastern Europe and how much LH+OS account in it?)
Old Dec 15, 2008, 5:50 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
3/335: 11.12.08 Lufthansa senkt Treibstoffzuschlag für ihre Flüge

Nachdem die Preise für Rohöl und Kerosin gefallen sind, wird Lufthansa ihren Treibstoffzuschlag für ihre Flüge senken. Bei Flugtickets, die ab dem 16. Dezember 2008 ausgestellt werden, vermindert sich der Zuschlag für innerdeutsche und grenzüberschreitende Flüge in Europa um 3 Euro auf 21 Euro pro Flugstrecke. Der Zuschlag für Langstreckenflüge sinkt um 10 Euro auf 82 Euro pro Streckenabschnitt.

Lufthansa beobachtet den Ölpreis kontinuierlich und wird eine weitere Anpassung des Treibstoffzuschlages von der zukünftigen Entwicklung des Treibstoffpreises abhängig machen.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 12:59 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Oil at $ 36

Now that OIL went down to $ 36 the lowest price level in four years, when will the stupid managment of LH and LX will scrap the fuel surcharge and provide more honesty and transperancy in the way they charge us for their airline tickets ?

Mr. Mayrhuber: enough money you are making for your shareholders and stop stealing the money of your customers.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 1:35 am

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Originally Posted by LH/LX
Now that OIL went down to $ 36 the lowest price level in four years, when will the stupid managment of LH and LX will scrap the fuel surcharge and provide more honesty and transperancy in the way they charge us for their airline tickets ?

Mr. Mayrhuber: enough money you are making for your shareholders and stop stealing the money of your customers.
Tsk, tsk, you wanna show some understanding.

The more the price of oil drops the more they lose on their hedges . Hence the fuel surcharge! @:-)

Old Dec 19, 2008, 1:54 am

Programs: LH, AF, AB, SQ
I'd say keep the surcharges but bring back Concorde.
BTW: Lufthansa had ordered some in the beginning.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by Longlegs
I'd say keep the surcharges but bring back Concorde.
Yay!

How about also bringing back Dallas, Dynasty, Falcon Crest and the Joan Collins perm?
Old Dec 19, 2008, 2:09 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by andre1970

The more the price of oil drops the more they lose on their hedges . Hence the fuel surcharge! @:-)

Great post! ^
Old Dec 19, 2008, 2:12 am

Programs: LH SEN+, UA 1k, AA Plat, Solitaire PPS, BA Silver, :rolleyes:, :eek:

In the Wolf's logic this would necessitate to actually increase the fuel surcharge to cover the ever increasing losses due to hedging.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by Triple3

In the Wolf's logic this would necessitate to actually increase the fuel surcharge to cover the ever increasing losses due to hedging.
well, that's why I'm saying we should actually appreciate what LH are doing for us! ^
Old Dec 19, 2008, 2:17 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by Triple3

well, that's why I'm saying we should actually appreciate what LH are doing for us! ^
I guess the Wolf will be glad to see that you guys already fully internalised the LH marketing strategy ^
Old Dec 19, 2008, 2:18 am

Programs: Various

Well, if they didn't close their positions when the trend was obvious I would suggest taking a look at their commodity trader's track record.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by totti
I guess the Wolf will be glad to see that you guys already fully internalised the LH marketing strategy ^
Exactly!
Originally Posted by Fredrik74
Well, if they didn't close their positions when the trend was obvious...
Well, it's hard to day "let bygones be bygones" and move on...
Old Dec 19, 2008, 3:16 am

Programs: LH SEN+, UA 1k, AA Plat, Solitaire PPS, BA Silver, :rolleyes:, :eek:
Well, it's hard to day "let bygones be bygones" and move on...
Don't try to get started again with Econ101 lessons you never learnt..
Old Dec 19, 2008, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards

Still beats me, why they aren't using futures options...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.