Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Hon Run Routing? [and other quick SEN/FTL qualification mileage runs on LX/LH/OS]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hon Run Routing? [and other quick SEN/FTL qualification mileage runs on LX/LH/OS]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2017, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Lack is hinting at the Nordica fares filed/administered by LO. (nordica.ee) (MUC-TLL-ARN in M for example)
Nah, cas_de had it right, I was hoping for ARN-TLL-WAW-NRT, just didn't have EF access to check the routing rules.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 3:33 pm

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
I booked AMS-ZRH-GVA-FRA-SOF / SOF-MUC-GVA-ZRH-BRU recently to position for the SOF-JNB fare.
Booked all in D for 974 EUR, should net 18.750 miles which I consider a fair deal.
The SOF-JNB was 883 EUR, so in total I'm getting 53.010 miles for 1857,- EUR. You could say it earns as an F(A) for the price of a P (manmaths alert).

That makes 8 segments to my final destination CPT, bit of a pain though! Luckily my wife is as crazy as I am so I'm in good company...
Old Jan 21, 2017, 1:45 pm

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by The Wolf
I booked AMS-ZRH-GVA-FRA-SOF / SOF-MUC-GVA-ZRH-BRU recently to position for the SOF-JNB fare.
Booked all in D for 974 EUR, should net 18.750 miles which I consider a fair deal.
The SOF-JNB was 883 EUR, so in total I'm getting 53.010 miles for 1857,- EUR. You could say it earns as an F(A) for the price of a P (manmaths alert).
if your math is correct (don't know what the SOF-JNB fare was) then this is one of the cheapest SEN-achieving routings I've seen, if not THE cheapest. You get over 100k status miles (btw, does your calculation include exec bonus already?) for ~3700 EUR. ^
Old Jan 21, 2017, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
if your math is correct (don't know what the SOF-JNB fare was) then this is one of the cheapest SEN-achieving routings I've seen, if not THE cheapest. You get over 100k status miles (btw, does your calculation include exec bonus already?) for ~3700 EUR. ^

It was this fare, and it booked in C - that was the main win
Yes, calculation is inclusive of 25%, so you would have needed a bit more flying when starting as a non-FTL/SEN
Old Jan 21, 2017, 4:51 pm

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by The Wolf
It was this fare, and it booked in C - that was the main win
Yes, calculation is inclusive of 25%, so you would have needed a bit more flying when starting as a non-FTL/SEN
wow I've completely missed that one. Was that an error fare or something?
Old Jan 21, 2017, 5:01 pm

I will never describe a fare as such
Old Jan 21, 2017, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
I also found nice SAS Plus fares in A that earn 750 status miles per segment and yield 3 segments for a ARN-MUC one way trip for 200€ (so 2250miles for 200€)
I'm sure you're right, but why 750 per segment? I found this same fare last year, tbh thought it was a mistake (that A fare was actually cheaper than any SK Y fare on my date).

Booked it as ARN-OSL-MUC (in A both sectors) credited to SQ KF, earned 319 status miles on the ARN-OSL and 1000 on the OSL-MUC. Still don't understand where those numbers come from
Old Jan 22, 2017, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by shorthauldad
I'm sure you're right, but why 750 per segment? I found this same fare last year, tbh thought it was a mistake (that A fare was actually cheaper than any SK Y fare on my date).

Booked it as ARN-OSL-MUC (in A both sectors) credited to SQ KF, earned 319 status miles on the ARN-OSL and 1000 on the OSL-MUC. Still don't understand where those numbers come from
SK A yields a flat 750 miles per segment when credited to M&M, see the earning chart.

When credited to SQ KF, it gives 125% of the distance, your numbers seem about right given that ARN-OSL ~ 250 miles and OSL-MUC ~ 800 miles.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by fereke
SK A yields a flat 750 miles per segment when credited to M&M, see the earning chart.

When credited to SQ KF, it gives 125% of the distance, your numbers seem about right given that ARN-OSL ~ 250 miles and OSL-MUC ~ 800 miles.
Thanks. Don't think I'd contemplated that you might be able to earn a % of miles flown when the operating carriers' FF scheme only pays flat rate (for intra-Europe sectors).
Old Jan 22, 2017, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by shorthauldad
Thanks. Don't think I'd contemplated that you might be able to earn a % of miles flown when the operating carriers' FF scheme only pays flat rate (for intra-Europe sectors).
You care only about the program you're crediting to, operating airline program has little relevance. The discrepancy in earning between programs is often a arbitrage opportunity.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I have just been looking at some Eurowings flights for departures in the next few days and I am seeing Best fares that are sometimes really quite cheap. For example, I saw DUS-GVA for only EUR119, whereas the Smart fare was EUR79. I have a feeling that we haven't yet fully investigated all the potential ins and outs of these Best fares on EW/4U and there might be some interesting bargains out there.

Anyway, I do need to get down to Geneva on one of those days and I just might not be able to make the flight in question. Do Best fares, even at that price, offer any flexibility? I recall once reading here, a year or two back, that Smart fares actually carry some sort of flexibility, or possibility of date change. I never got around to investigating that.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 12:51 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
EW/LH have lowered the Best/Business regional fares and allow one ways now pretty much everywhere. The tradeoff for the 120-150EUR fares is no flexibility though....

Recently found a ton of E fares ex Italy and DK/NO/SE that are 850-900++EUR that are a great deal to get status miles double quick. A 1300EUR ticket I booked (for a private trip I want to take to FL over easter) will yield aprox 18-19k miles. ��
Old Feb 18, 2017, 3:02 am

Programs: LH M+M
There's cheap BEST (booking D or I) w/o included flexibility (the ~100-200E rates) and the full flex (booking J) which usually clocks around 250-400 for short-haul international.

Miles differ as shown in:
https://www.eurowings.com/en/your-re...-works-mm.html

On flexibility in "D": I had a MAN-HAM for ~180E booked and had to rebook it to one day later on very short notice. The fee was 65E.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Thanks for the speedy feedback. So it is possible to rebook Best D and I fares against €65, I see. Along with presumably an upfare to whatever it would cost on the day you want to rebook to. J fares are obviously not worth it unless you really need that flexibility, and it seems to be the element of flexibility which costs good money with airline travel these days.

I would be interested to know what routing you found, Oliver, which is presumably within Europe. I am guessing E fares are Business, although they sound like Economy to me. I wonder if it's possible to make stopovers in Germany on those routings, although I suspect not. Would make them very useful! One day I'm going to ask your advice about Croatia Airlines routings, when the time is right!
Old Feb 18, 2017, 6:35 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
E is longhaul premium economy, which earn 150% and are upgradable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.