Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Hon Run Routing? [and other quick SEN/FTL qualification mileage runs on LX/LH/OS]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hon Run Routing? [and other quick SEN/FTL qualification mileage runs on LX/LH/OS]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2017, 12:07 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold, SPG platinum
US trip: make it a MR

Hello everyone

I have a trip coming up and would like to use the opportunity to score some miles (ideally 50K with this trip).

The constraints are the following:
- Leaving BRU on Oct 15th (could be Oct 14th evening) and need to be in NYC on Oct 16th afternoon
- I have a day free on Oct 18th: I will be in ORD and can fly until Oct 19th evening (I then need to be in BOS)
- Leaving BOS on Oct 20th (can be very early) to return to BRU
- Class: can be First

So far, the best I found is BRU-ZRH-ORD-PHL-NYCxxx-BOS-ZRH-BRU for ~€7K in first which gives me 35K miles

If anyone has any guidance on how to find a better routing, I am open to all suggestions

Thanks

Cedos

Last edited by Cedos; Jul 21, 2017 at 12:21 pm
Old Jul 21, 2017, 1:38 pm

BOS used to allow routing through IAH for best mileage. Otherwise, backtracking to ORD even helped.

Do you need HON miles? Otherwise, you should be able to get 100k miles for that amount of money with SQ for example.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by Cedos
If anyone has any guidance on how to find a better routing, I am open to all suggestions
Q1: Are you happy to seriously overshoot (say, to the west coast or maybe even hawaii...) and position back to where you need to be?

Q2: If the budget is 7k, can you start earlier and maybe go East instead of West?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by Lack
BOS used to allow routing through IAH for best mileage. Otherwise, backtracking to ORD even helped.

Do you need HON miles? Otherwise, you should be able to get 100k miles for that amount of money with SQ for example.
Routing via IAH? Like in BOS>IAD>ZRH>BRU?

No, no HON miles needed
SQ to the US starting from Europe? or you mean on a different trip?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by shorthauldad
Q1: Are you happy to seriously overshoot (say, to the west coast or maybe even hawaii...) and position back to where you need to be?

Q2: If the budget is 7k, can you start earlier and maybe go East instead of West?
Q1: Yes, I am happy to overshoot! (Especially if that means a long flight in First). Overshooting to West Coast would be better
Q2: I could start on Saturday late afternoon. You were thinking like BRU > Asia > US > Europe? If I leave on Saturday afternoon, that gives me 48 hours of travel time which should be enough to go via East
Old Jul 21, 2017, 2:37 pm

1. BOS-IAH-FRA-BRU.
2. Different trip with SQ. Scandinavia to OZ is often priced below 3k EUR in C with 200% earning netting over 40k M&M (or just scoring SK*G with one shot).

Anyway, if you just took 2h to fly BRU-WAW or some other short haul flight it would probably save you 2k EUR or more on the F fare.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 4:31 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
SQ has an excellent fare ex-OSL to AKL in F class netting around 75k staus miles.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 5:35 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I have seen some attractive First Class fares ex-UK to the US, e.g. MAN-MUC-LAX-ZRH-MAN in October in J/A for Ł3,574.19 (approx. 3,982 EUR) which should net 43,678 miles including exec bonus. Not as attractive as ex-OSL fares a few years ago but it's tempting if I need a comfortable MR.

P.S. For Ł19 and 40 minutes extra I can fly MAN-FRA-MUC-LAX-ZRH-MAN and collect 1,875 additional miles!

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jul 21, 2017 at 6:33 pm
Old Jul 22, 2017, 7:09 am

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
SQ has an excellent fare ex-OSL to AKL in F class netting around 75k staus miles.
But not HON Miles.

btw: ex CAI to SIN in LX F dropped to about 2.850 EUR at the moment.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by Lack
1. BOS-IAH-FRA-BRU.
BOS-IAH-FRA-ZRH-BRU and you gain extra 2000mi + exec bonus.

The *A TATL fares usual allow 5 transfers, so its in most cases possible to have 2 seqments in Europe.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 3:42 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
TAP J (200% status miles) is on permanent sale ex Nordics:

TP: CPH-USA (e.g. NYC, MIA, BOS) DKK 4600+ / €1125 all in J-class
Old Nov 21, 2017, 12:23 pm

Looks like the ex CAI LX runs are dead, can anyone confirm, All popped above 6k as far as I can see.
This was a great fare for me to combine business in CAI with Asia, despite the uncomfortable European business between CAI and ZRH.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 12:34 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by The Wolf
Looks like the ex CAI LX runs are dead, can anyone confirm, All popped above 6k as far as I can see.
This was a great fare for me to combine business in CAI with Asia, despite the uncomfortable European business between CAI and ZRH.
opppsss. How fortunate is me! I bought two days ago two A tickets CAI to SIN at the old price.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 12:40 pm

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Originally Posted by The Wolf
Indeed couldn't find anything nice to asia in a random quick search. But JNB still seems not too bad at 3322 CHF.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by Artemio
Indeed couldn't find anything nice to asia in a random quick search. But JNB still seems not too bad at 3322 CHF.
Good to know. I've had a few GF trackers out for the usual suspects (HKG,SIN,BKK,NRT) but not to JNB.
Ah well...the flights got a bit unattractive anyway since CAI-ZRH switched to redeye's.

Let's see if they pop back at some time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.