Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Hon Run Routing? [and other quick SEN/FTL qualification mileage runs on LX/LH/OS]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hon Run Routing? [and other quick SEN/FTL qualification mileage runs on LX/LH/OS]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2007, 3:50 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by muc_flyer
Now ticketing is not possible because of a required MCT of 45min (SEN service told me so). Any chance to overcome these 5 missing min?

Cheers
I tried too, and failed exactly on the same thing
Old Jul 27, 2007, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
you need to book it as two seperate legs, either with a TA or online. if you miss your connection, nobody is obligated to help you get to your final destination though! i had my TA book a couple of those since the MCT in FRA changed to one hour, having the choice between 55min or over 4hr layovers

if you familiar with an airport and are able to use fastlanes, i dont think its a problem! i missed one of those connections due to an late inbound and LH still put me on the next flight, no questions asked!
Old Jul 27, 2007, 4:45 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by sentom
if you familiar with an airport and are able to use fastlanes, i dont think its a problem! i missed one of those connections due to an late inbound and LH still put me on the next flight, no questions asked!
May depend on booking class and flexibility of the ticket.
Old Jul 27, 2007, 5:29 am

It looks like it will be the same plane in and out of DUS.
So if your inbound is late the outbound also will be late - risk of missing the outbound is minimal. DUS is a small airport, unless it is a bus gate it will be the same gate anyway.
Old Jul 27, 2007, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
May depend on booking class and flexibility of the ticket.
i was on a cheapo cheapo LH ticket, as usuall when i'm flying intra europe. my SEN might have helped though but it didnt really look it either. they were just like: oh, late incoming flight? no problem, we just put you on the next one...

but in general i agree with you, it might be easier with a higher booking class to get this done...
Old Jul 28, 2007, 2:18 am

Programs: LH HON, BMI gold
I am luckily now holding my eTix The online-team could not overcome the MCT issue, but the on-site day team of my TA asked me if I am sure, I agreed that operating carrier does not guarantee my connecting flight (which is indeed same aircraft I came in!). The option to buy DUS-ZRH-CDG and one CDG-ZRH-DUS would have been some 100€s more expensive, so I am lucky now with one tix!

Btw: is it allowed, undertaken you already have your BP for CDG-ZRH, to not leave the plane at all - or is it because cleaning, re-fuling etc not allowed / not possible at all? This would make me feel more comfortable I am not tied up with long queueing at security...??
Old Jul 28, 2007, 2:41 am

a little bit OT: is there any public website where I can look up the valid MCTs for different airports?
Old Jul 28, 2007, 10:17 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by IsleSeat
....any news on that, Phil?
No I haven't heard anything yet. I fear we will find out the hard way after the promo is over?

Or does anybody know a way to find out in advance? I guess they will not post the double status miles right away... On the other hand: what happens if somebody qualifies for the new status within that period due to the double promo. Will he/she get the executive bonus dated back to the day they made their new status?
Old Jul 28, 2007, 12:46 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by CubaLibre
a little bit OT: is there any public website where I can look up the valid MCTs for different airports?
Not that I'm aware of (maybe OAG has a guide?). Remember MCTs are not just airport specific they are also airline specific and sometimes even a/c type and flight number specific.

Some airlines include this information in timetable pdfs.
Old Jul 28, 2007, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by CubaLibre
any public website where I can look up the valid MCTs for different airports?
http://www.dfld.de/PFV_Landebahn/PFV..._B11_Kap07.pdf on page 23 I think there is a table of some to compare... but far away from complete, as it depends on airline, aircraft etc as well - sure there should be something more complete and up to date out somewhere?
Old Jul 29, 2007, 1:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rorschi
Yes, same for MUC-ZRH-...
MAD, BCN, NCE, CDG, DUB, MAN, BHX, BRU, AMS, LUX, CPH, ARN, WAW, PRG, MXP, FCO, VCE, VIE, BUD, LJU, ZAG

(either in J for 500-600€ and/or in V/W for about 200-220€).

And keep in mind the RTF-offers ex-Germany in S-Class.

Edit: I guessed that this post will appear at the bottom of page 1 in this thread...
Does this mean that the very cheapest possible tickets with Swiss in business class are ex Munic? Where can we book the tickets with the ZRH-GVA extra leg? I tried on www.lufthansa.com but there are high prices.
Old Jul 29, 2007, 2:33 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by Didi
Does this mean that the very cheapest possible tickets with Swiss in business class are ex Munic? Where can we book the tickets with the ZRH-GVA extra leg? I tried on www.lufthansa.com but there are high prices.
I think you have to call Swiss and book on the phone
Old Jul 30, 2007, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by Didi
Where can we book the tickets with the ZRH-GVA extra leg?
What about a) swiss online b) your local TA c) opodo online d) travel-overland online e) ...
Old Aug 3, 2007, 3:42 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
My TA came up with the following for about 1400 EUR:

MUC-GVA-ZRH-VIE-ZRH-DUS-ZRH-CDG-GVA-ZRH-MUC

What do you think? A bit too expensive for 19k miles before exec bonus, isn't it?
Old Aug 3, 2007, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
My TA came up with the following for about 1400 EUR:

MUC-GVA-ZRH-VIE-ZRH-DUS-ZRH-CDG-GVA-ZRH-MUC

What do you think? A bit too expensive for 19k miles before exec bonus, isn't it?
This appears not to be optimized and it appears to have o/w and open jaws in it. I assume it is

MUC-GVA-ZRH-VIE-ZRH-MUC
ZRH-DUS
DUS-ZRH-CDG-GVA-ZRH

I believe your TA should try:

MUC-GVA-ZRH-VIE-ZRH-DUS-GVA-ZRH-CDG-GVA-ZRH-DUS-ZRH-GVA-MUC.

This combines

MUC-GVA-ZRH-VIE-ZRH-GVA-MUC
ZRH-DUS-ZRH
DUS-GVA-ZRH-CDG-GVA-ZRH-DUS

Nice and clear return tickets. I haven't priced it, but it should be about 2*700 Euro plus about 400 SFR for the Ex-Switzerland ticket. This should be 24.000 miles before Bonus. However, 1400 Euro is not bad either for a big pile of status miles in a short period of time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.