Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Hon Run Routing? [and other quick SEN/FTL qualification mileage runs on LX/LH/OS]

Hon Run Routing? [and other quick SEN/FTL qualification mileage runs on LX/LH/OS]

Old Jul 23, 2007, 12:59 pm

Programs: LH HON, BMI gold
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
It works, but it is a little bit more expensive. From DUS you might wish to consider CDG. To my recollection I paid in the range of 690 when doing a (seriously required) DUS - GVA - ZRH - CDG - ZRH - DUS early this year.
You can manage to get DUS-ZRH-CDG-ZRH-DUS for around 590€... so not worth to include milewise 1.875miles for 100€ extra But I know, you were forced by customer requirement!

Just noticed that I somewhen left over ZRH-DUS in J (?!) which I might simply forget about it, cause I can't integrate it somehow in a cheap ZSWISSDE trip

The good old mile run (the MUC-...-VIE one) can not be easily extended by a DUS leg: it causes costs to explode from 636€ to 1.377€ if DUS is included (at ZSWISS only, seems no ZSWISSDE is availible on that route/routing).

But what one could do is merge the big one (the MUC-...-VIE) with the DUS-ZRH-CDG-ZRH-DUS costing 591€ extra [yes you have to get somehow from ZRH to DUS, where I could make use of my J (?!) leg]
Old Jul 23, 2007, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hyatt DIA, *W/IC Plat, HH Gold, A3 *G, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by sentom
looks like you arrived at the black side of life with your postcount!
What is considered the black side for post counts?
Old Jul 23, 2007, 1:26 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Being registered for the double status miles promo, you get even more status miles....

All we need to find out is, if the promotion works for all of us, even the not targeted customers...
Old Jul 23, 2007, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by SASfan
What is considered the black side for post counts?
i was refering to his 666 posts...
Old Jul 23, 2007, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by supermasterphil
Being registered for the double status miles promo, you get even more status miles....
...but not applicable for the HON run, but a SEN/FTL run, right?
Old Jul 23, 2007, 2:11 pm

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by muc_flyer
The good old mile run (the MUC-...-VIE one) can not be easily extended by a DUS leg: it causes costs to explode from 636€ to 1.377€ if DUS is included (at ZSWISS only, seems no ZSWISSDE is availible on that route/routing).

But what one could do is merge the big one (the MUC-...-VIE) with the DUS-ZRH-CDG-ZRH-DUS costing 591€ extra [yes you have to get somehow from ZRH to DUS, where I could make use of my J (?!) leg]
I can't get the MUC-...-VIE one working. Any hints? I was also thinking about starting by including BTS-MUC leg in there and finishing in VIE.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
So what about combining

MUC - GVA - ZRH - VIE - GVA - ZRH - MUC

ZRH - DUS - ZRH
DUS - ZRH - CDG - ZRH - DUS

and combining two ZSWISSDE with a cheap SWISS Weekend Business Ticket or even a normal Economy ex ZRH. Who works out a schedule flying

MUC - GVA - ZRH - VIE - GVA - ZRH/
ZRH - DUS/DUS - ZRH - CDG - ZRH - DUS/DUS - ZRH/ZRH - MUC
Old Jul 23, 2007, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
I can't get the MUC-...-VIE one working. Any hints? I was also thinking about starting by including BTS-MUC leg in there and finishing in VIE.
no magic from my side, just ensure it is a round trip - I even manged to get this priced at around 636€ later this week.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by berlinflyer
I din´t book it, I was just curious if I could get it priced....and yes, cou can buy that route with TeleSales and yes, you get a big WHAT? YOU MUST BE MISTAKEN! as a reaction
Lucky you. The (blonde?) lady said to me, she can only price @LH fare and she has no access to LX's fares. So she priced it for me at ridiculous 2.xxx€ ... finally she said there is a D and even Z but she can't price it. Well well...
Old Jul 23, 2007, 2:29 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Does the MUC - .... - VIE or DUS - ... - CDG fare just work during the week or is it basically possible on each day the flights are offered, meaning can I do it on a weekend?

I guess, we need to call LX or is LH able to book that as well?
Old Jul 23, 2007, 2:33 pm

ZRH - DUS - ZRH
Excellent idea, I am struggeling to get a decent price for the above - ZSWISS comes @751€ - any cheaper fares
Old Jul 23, 2007, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Excellent idea, I am struggeling to get a decent price for the above - ZSWISS comes @751€ - any cheaper fares
Maybe a simple restricted Eco to bridge the gap. In the past they had the Swiss Business Class weekend fare. Is this still on offer?
Old Jul 23, 2007, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by supermasterphil
Does the MUC - .... - VIE or DUS - ... - CDG fare just work during the week or is it basically possible on each day the flights are offered, meaning can I do it on a weekend?

I guess, we need to call LX or is LH able to book that as well?
Each day & Expedia does the trick
Old Jul 23, 2007, 2:46 pm

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
So what about combining

MUC - GVA - ZRH - VIE - GVA - ZRH - MUC

ZRH - DUS - ZRH
DUS - ZRH - CDG - ZRH - DUS

and combining two ZSWISSDE with a cheap SWISS Weekend Business Ticket or even a normal Economy ex ZRH. Who works out a schedule flying

MUC - GVA - ZRH - VIE - GVA - ZRH/
ZRH - DUS/DUS - ZRH - CDG - ZRH - DUS/DUS - ZRH/ZRH - MUC
well, if this gets priced, count me in I'm available for the weekend of Aug 29-Sept 2.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Should be around 1800 Euro all in Business or about 1400 Euro if the ZRH - DUS - ZRH leg is in Eco. Building the schedule should be the real art.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.