Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Lufthansa Longhaul Menu Thread (business class / first class)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2014, 10:10 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rrgg
I saw links in the wiki, but is it normal to not receive a printed menu in LH C? I've had about 10-12 overseas flights on LX/OS which all provide menus, but not my one LH. (Other oddities: all cabins exited together; priority bag tags were ignored for everyone but HON.)
Yes, they do hand out printed menus in C, even on shorthaul flights these days.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by rrgg
I saw links in the wiki, but is it normal to not receive a printed menu in LH C? I've had about 10-12 overseas flights on LX/OS which all provide menus, but not my one LH. (Other oddities: all cabins exited together; priority bag tags were ignored for everyone but HON.)
what airports re: priority bags?? MODS feel free to move to a correct thread

Last edited by divjan; Sep 4, 2014 at 12:11 pm
Old Sep 5, 2014, 8:56 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Yes, they do hand out printed menus in C, even on shorthaul flights these days.
Oh, interesting! I didn't get a menu on my flight MUC-VLC, unfortunately. I was actually just about to ask you how you were able to conjure up such cool-sounding descriptions for your photos, like "Livarano salami, Parma ham, Rougette cheese, Bergader Alpine and Goat cheese, Rowan chutney." I take it those are from the printed menu? I certainly would not be able to guess those descriptions!

May I just add that I really enjoy seeing all of the photos you post of your food, and appreciate you posting them all. Envy-inducing, based both on the food and the routes you take!
Old Sep 5, 2014, 11:03 am

Figured this thread may be interested in the LH495 (YYZ-MUC) F menu, which I flew on 01 September.

Cheers!

Old Sep 5, 2014, 3:45 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by flaii
Oh, interesting! I didn't get a menu on my flight MUC-VLC, unfortunately. I was actually just about to ask you how you were able to conjure up such cool-sounding descriptions for your photos, like "Livarano salami, Parma ham, Rougette cheese, Bergader Alpine and Goat cheese, Rowan chutney." I take it those are from the printed menu? I certainly would not be able to guess those descriptions!
I don't have the power of imagination to conjure up such erudite descriptions. Menus on shorthaul flights are placed on the tray and look like these.

May I just add that I really enjoy seeing all of the photos you post of your food, and appreciate you posting them all. Envy-inducing, based both on the food and the routes you take!
Thank you for the kind words. It has become something of an obsession though I haven't flown on LH much recently. I do have some more flights coming up towards the end of the year.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Sep 8, 2014 at 12:11 am Reason: typo
Old Sep 7, 2014, 7:15 am

Business Class menu HND-MUC August 2014

Pre-lunch snack and drink

Appetizers

Poached prawns on salad olivier, leafy greens, pistachio dressing

Veal Niçoise style salad with green beans, olives, capers and tomatoes

Canneloni of eggplant, tomato confit, sautéed red and yellow bell pepper, zucchini, green asparagus

Salad

Mixed leaves, cucumber, beet julienne, baby mizuna, arugular salad and cherry tomato presented with Italian dressing

Main Courses

Seared tenderloin of beef dusted with herbs, creamy peppercorn sauce, Parmesan polenta and green beans

Roulade of sole with shrimp and tarragon mousse, potato, green asparagus enhanced by bouillabaisse sauce

Cheese and Dessert

Cœur de Lion Camembert, Emmental and Blue d'Aubergne cheese

Cream cheese and apricot crumble tart

Fresh Fruit
-
or a complete Japanese meal

Dinner

Appetizer
Marinated cuttlefish salad with Parmesan, orange and lemon

Main Course
Poached chicken and spinach broccoli roulade, red pepper polenta and white wine cream

Casarecce pasta with ripe tomato, ricotta and basil oil

Dessert
Fresh fruit with champagne jelly
LH711,715,717 07/14-08/14
Old Sep 22, 2014, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by kevinsac
The steak on the surf and turf platter (Aug, ex-SFO) was one of the worst cuts of meat I've had in the air in a long time. I've had significantly better filets on domestic UA flights in F.

The rest was pretty good.
Yes, it sounded delicious on the menu but was poor (and as stated in a subsequent post, was tiny). The 'American' appetizers were excellent, though (chicken Caesar salad and Veal Mini-Burger). I also had the Mediterranean mezze which was tasty. ^

The 'Around The World' Atlas First Class Gift is beautiful, though. That was a nice surprise yesterday FRA-BOS on LH 420.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 5:03 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Oneworld Silver
F Menu on FRA-Gulf and Gulf-FRA flights

A couple of questions...

1) In F on the following flights:

FRA-KWI, FRA-JED, FRA-RUH, FRA-DOH-BAH and FRA-AUH-MCT

it seems that LH serves the current F menu ex Germany but without any second service (obviously due to shortness of flight) and also without the soup as part of the main meal service (I guess for the same reason). In very small letters at the bottom of the menu, there is a note to say that cakes and biscuits are available throughout the flight on request.

Does this limited service apply only to Germany-Gulf flights? What would be the minimum flight length to get at least a full main service (regardless of any second service)? Is it 6 hours or 8 hours, for example?

2) On the same routes returning to Germany, LH seems to serve canapes followed by a relatively small breakfast before landing. Does this apply to all flights from the Gulf to Germany including DXB? And again, what is the minimum flight length to get, say, a full dinner or a full breakfast service?

Thanks in advance for any info...

Last edited by FlyerLX; Sep 29, 2014 at 6:33 am Reason: spelling
Old Oct 13, 2014, 10:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
FRA-JFK F 10/13

After Bollinger and Ruinart in the lounge had some of the Pommery and then switched to the French red.

Foam/fruity amuse bouche with fish on top. Tasty.

Caviar…I found it to be much more salty compared to what I've had before. Presentation doesn't compare to OZ F.

The shrimp was tasty and the salad was good but nothing memorable.

Soup was good, something I would have again.

I was worried looking at the pumpkin gnocchi and then I had a bite and I enjoyed it, filling and good flavor.

Decent desert…the chocolate mouse beat out the ice cream.

I woke up hung over to the Special Moments "Grapes" menu. The appetizer card was brought around with way too much terrine and cold meat and I had to stop myself from gagging at the thought of that.

I ended up with the fish which was good, great sauce, a bit strong on the kraut.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
on MUC-YYZ, I thought that lamb saddle in F was awful, I mean... GROSS.

(YYZ-MUC was great, tandoori chicken)
Old Oct 14, 2014, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by entropy
on MUC-YYZ, I thought that lamb saddle in F was awful, I mean... GROSS.

(YYZ-MUC was great, tandoori chicken)
Food in F has been very average lately-not a delicious thing I can remember, even if I try hard.

The only thing I really enjoyed lately was Charlemagne Grand Cru 2009-that was an excellent wine for my palette.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 6:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
My initial thought was the lamb but when I asked the FA she steered me away from it.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 5:38 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Oneworld Silver
Originally Posted by Kat007
Food in F has been very average lately-not a delicious thing I can remember, even if I try hard.

The only thing I really enjoyed lately was Charlemagne Grand Cru 2009-that was an excellent wine for my palette.
I agree that the current LH F/Class menu is not as good as previous offerings. The wines and champagnes are excellent, and the starters and desserts are nice although it's true that the caviar is saltier than it was. The trimmings are good- tasty amuse bouche, good selection of bread... But the main courses are the problem. I recently had the fish and was frankly left convinced that I would have got more flavour out of a strip of cardboard. The stock it was plonked on top of was watery and dull. The guinea fowl was nothing to write home about either- the sauce was good but the meat was soggy and plain and the vegetables tasteless. I'll try the gnocchi next which might be an improvement...

Such a pity that that the otherwise superb standards of LH F/Class seem to have slipped...

I do hope that those superb standards will be back soon and that the November/December menu brings something a bit more lively than just the traditional goose....

Last edited by FlyerLX; Oct 18, 2014 at 7:29 am
Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:42 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
C Menu ex Germany Nov-Dec 2014

Motto „Hanseatischer Hüttenzauber“, Karlheinz Hauser, Hamburg
Business Class ex DEU

Nach dem Start
Menü
Vorspeisen
Karlheinz Hausers Brotzeitbrettl: Kalbsschnitzel, Fleischpflanzerl, knackige Landjäger, Kartoffelsalat und Rettich
Geräucherter Saibling serviert mit Dill-Gurken, Sahne-Meerrettich und Senfschmand
Kürbis-Paprikapüree, Camembert Crème, geröstete Pinienkerne und Radieschen
Salat
Blattsalate der Saison mit Kartoffeldressing
Hauptspeisen
Klassischer Gänsebraten mit Rotkraut und Knödeln
Gebratener Kabeljau auf Champagnerkraut mit Senfsauce und Kartoffelstampf mit Schnittlauch
Ihre weitere Wahlmöglichkeit im November:
Rahmschwammerl mit Kräutern und Brezenknödel
Ihre weitere Wahlmöglichkeit im Dezember:
Schwäbische Käsespätzle mit Röstzwiebeln
Käse und Dessert
Edelschimmelkäse, Rahmbergkäse und Obatzter mit Backobstchutney
Schwarzwälder Kirschtörtchen mit Birkencrème
Obstsalat

Vor der Landung
Soup & Salad
Deftiger Eintopf mit Puy-Linsen und gefüllter Poulardenroulade
Gemischte Blattsalate mit Safranblumenkohl, Kirschtomate und gebratenen Champignons, dazu Kürbiskernöl-Dressing
Dessert
Apfelkuchen mit Zimtstreuseln

Translation:

After Takeoff
Menu
Appetizers
Karlheinz Hauser‘s “Brotzeit” Specialties: Escalope of Veal, Meatballs, Landjäger Salami, Potato Salad and Radish
Smoked Char served with Cucumber Salad, Horseradish Cream and Mustard Sour Cream
Pumpkin and Bell Pepper Puree, Camembert Cream, toasted Pine Nuts and Red Radish
Salad
Seasonal Leaf Salad with Potato Dressing
Main Courses
Traditional German Roast Goose with Red Cabbage and Dumplings
Fried Cod on Champagne Sauerkraut with Mustard Sauce and mashed Potatoes with Chives
Your Choice in November:
Pretzel Dumpling on Mushroom Ragout
Your Choice in December:
Swabian Cheese Noodles with fried Onions
Cheese and Dessert
Blue Cheese, Rahmberg Cheese and Bavarian Cheese Spread with Dried Fruit Chutney
Black Forest Cherry Tartlet with Birch Cream
Fruit Salad

Before Landing
Soup & Salad
Hearty Stew with Puy Lentils and stuffed Poulard Roulade
Mixed Leaf Salad with Saffron flavored Cauliflower, Cherry Tomato and fried Button Mushrooms accompanied by Pumpkin Seed Oil Dressing

Dessert
Apple Pie with Cinnamon Crumbles
Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:48 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
C Menu ex USA N.East Nov-Dec 2014

Business Class ex USA - NORTH EAST

Nach dem Start
Menü
Vorspeisen
Salat „Crab Louie“
Rinderfiletscheiben im Kräutermantel mit Zartweizensalat, Vanille-Rotwein-Kranichbeeren und Ziegenkäse
Grüner Spargel, Paprika, Feta und geröstete Pistazien mit Trüffel-Sherry-Vinaigrette
Salat
Saisonale Blattsalate mit Fenchel, Tomate und Parmesan, dazu delikates Dressing
Hauptspeisen
Rinderrippe nach Ossobuco Art mit geröstetem Wurzelgemüse und Süßkartoffelpüree
Shrimp, Jakobsmuschel und pikante Geflügelwurst mit Brokkolini und Pariser Kartoffeln
Fettuccini mit schwarzem Pfeffer, dazu Ragout von Mangold, Bohnen, Zucchini und Kirschtomaten
Käse und Dessert
Kilchurn Estate höhlengereifter Cheddar, Coulommier Käse und Mountain Gouda
Kürbis-Cheesecake mit Karamellsauce
Frische Früchte

Vor der Landung
Frühstück
Frischer Orangensaft
Frische Früchte
Erdbeerjoghurt
Pastrami, Hähnchenbrust, Brie und Cheddar Käse

After Takeoff
Menu
Appetizers
Crab Louie Salad
Herb crusted Beef with Wheatberry Salad, Red Wine and Vanilla poached Cranberries and Goat Cheese
Green Asparagus, red Peppers, Feta Cheese and toasted Pistachios with Truffle Oil Sherry Vinaigrette
Salad
Seasonal Salad with shaved Fennel, Tomato and Parmesan Cheese presented with delicious Dressing
Main Courses
Beef Short Rib Ossobuco Style with Heirloom Carrots, Brussels Sprouts, roasted Parsnips and Sweet Potato Puree
Seared Shrimp, Scallops and New Mexico Chicken Sausage with seasoned Broccolini and Parisienne Potatoes
Black Pepper Fettuccini, Red Swiss Chard, Cannellini Beans, grilled Baby Zucchini and Sunburst Squash
Cheese and Dessert
Kilchurn Estate Cave Aged Cheddar, Coulommier, Mountain Gouda
Pumpkin Cheesecake with Caramel Sauce
Fresh Fruit

Before Landing
Breakfast
Fresh Orange Juice
Fresh Fruit
Strawberry Yogurt
Pastrami, Chicken Breast, Brie and Cheddar Cheese

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.