Community
Wiki Posts
Search

miles needed a question of travel origin and not of residence???

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2004, 5:36 am
Original Poster

miles needed a question of travel origin and not of residence???

hello folks,

I have an us address on file at my m&m account with all its advantages which worked out quite well in the past. this weekend I attempted to book an award ticket for my parents to visit me in the us: the flight would originate in germany and would go to the us, and from the us back to germany, in business class. the agent from the call center told me that this would cost me 105.000 miles per person and not 80.000 ---- because the flight originates in germany and not on the us, regardles of the residency I have on file. this was big news to me.

can you confirm this or is this a new regulation???

Old Jan 19, 2004, 5:44 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fluegelwesen:
hello folks,

I have an us address on file at my m&m account with all its advantages which worked out quite well in the past. this weekend I attempted to book an award ticket for my parents to visit me in the us: the flight would originate in germany and would go to the us, and from the us back to germany, in business class. the agent from the call center told me that this would cost me 105.000 miles per person and not 80.000 ---- because the flight originates in germany and not on the us, regardles of the residency I have on file. this was big news to me.

can you confirm this or is this a new regulation???

</font>
From own past experience when I used to live in the US - it has always been that way.

Cheers

Thomas
Old Jan 19, 2004, 6:14 am
Patron

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tcswede:
From own past experience when I used to live in the US - it has always been that way.
</font>
Let me put it in that way: M&M did not change their published rule recently; the amount of miles you need for the award in question is for US/CAN residents only and the origin of journey must be USA/Canada. On the other hand, I would say, that fluegelwesen’s (welcome to flyertalk) observations are not only big news for him...

Old Jan 20, 2004, 9:14 am

Programs: LH/BA/DL
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Patron:
the origin of journey must be USA/Canada. </font>
That's also what I have experienced for award flights. Upgrades are different though, origin of journey is irrelevant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.