Search
Old Sep 18, 2023, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: AlicorporateUK
LOT Business Class Catering

Europe

All services except BCN/CDG/FCO/LHR/MAD
Current Options (Sep-2023)

1. Pork slices with chickpea and tomato paste, quinoa salad with a yoghurt dressing.
2. Peach yoghurt, variety of cold cuts, cheese and boiled egg (breakfast).
3. Cured ham, stuffed zucchini, herring salad.
4. Salmon tartare, stuffed zucchini, pâté.

5. Cajun duck slices, fresh fruit.

BCN/CDG/FCO/LHR/MAD
Current Options (Sep-2023)

1. Potato dumplings (pierogi), salad, dessert.
2. Salmon fillet, salad, dessert.
3. Cod fillet, salad, dessert.
4. Pork loin, salad, dessert.
5. Beef, salad, dessert.
Print Wikipost

LOT Polish intra-Europe Business Class catering

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2017, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If Fast Track is offered in those airports its highly likely that its possible for Business Class as well as *G. LH/LX definitely offer Access No 1 in CDG, I'd expect LO would do the same. They tend not to skimp on it.

By the way, in keeping with the thread, I think much of the LO food is too Polish and there are still a number of incredibly expensive routes which don't offer a hot meal or something decent. There was a good Trip Report from a guy from ODS which highlighted this. This isn't as controversial as it might sound as I find PL pax like more international food on flights and sort of expect it.

Happy to state that the LO Elite lounge provide a very decent lunch and dinner offer which is all DO&CO. Hot breakfast is a bit weak. Best is probably the desserts!
Old Sep 22, 2017, 4:41 am

Programs: M&M FTL
Originally Posted by marcoos
There is only one LOT lounge in the whole universe: the Polonez lounge in WAW. All the others lounges are contracted and, especially in regional airports, may have limited food options.
At least for the moment, a second is meant to open on the non-schengen side, it was first mentioned about a year ago so hopefully it'll be available fairly soon.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 3:26 am

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
CDG has a Star Alliance Gold Track, which is also available for C pax of any *A airline.

Not sure about Vilnius, though, never been there. Their website doesn't mention LOT, which sounds weird. If it's indeed not available for LOT pax, you can always buy it for 5 euro.

LO food is too Polish
LO food is rarely Polish, it's usually continental Western European food (or Asian, on China/Japan/Korea flights). I've never seen any pierogi nor bigos on board, and only once in the lounge.
dromack and N1003U like this.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 6:20 am

Programs: TK*G (E+)
... any pierogi ...
Old Sep 23, 2017, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
LO food is rarely Polish, it's usually continental Western European food (or Asian, on China/Japan/Korea flights). I've never seen any pierogi nor bigos on board, and only once in the lounge.
I like LOT's meals. I think the closest you can get to "Polish food" is the surówka they serve as a side dish. But every country has their own version of a cabbage salad. Oh... and the bułki bread rolls. But once again, every country has their own type of bread roll.

What is a plus for LOT's cheapest business class tickets (in terms of M&M earnings), is that European flights earn 1,250 miles per segment. And long haul flights earn 1.5X the mileage distance. Versus 750 miles and 1.0X the mileage distance, respectively, for LH/OS/LX flights.
N1003U likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Business Class meal - LO382 FRA-WAW January 2016
Wow. You really sat on that for a long time!
Old Sep 25, 2017, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by Lack
It's not as iconic as potato salad in LH lounge, but mushrooms are quite local, dorsz is definitely local and according to wikipedia - Poland grows the most broccoli in Europe. And everyone loves pasta.

While having pierogi, bigos ang galabki would be quite interesting for the occasional traveler, I think most of the frequent guest would prefer a bit of variety.
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Might be just a 'stock' photo collection Newbie has :-).
(if I bother to document my travels then I usually keep the photos handy for a while too).
Old Sep 25, 2017, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by theSaladDays
schabowy, kluski, kopytka, or smalec
Ah, those filling sunday obiad at the in-laws... Unbeatable

G
Old Sep 25, 2017, 7:56 am

So locally-sourced (which is always good) but not particularly unique to Polish food, I'd say mushrooms, cod, broccoli, and pasta are quite common in varying forms are quite common around the world.
I didn't say unique. But those are all staples of a local diet as much as all the others item mentioned (which I think may also be harder to execute correctly in an airport environment - pierogi aside, since they're so resilient to freezing and reheating).
Old Sep 25, 2017, 8:18 am

I didn't say unique. But those are all staples of a local diet as much as all the others item mentioned (which I think may also be harder to execute correctly in an airport environment - pierogi aside, since they're so resilient to freezing and reheating).
Fair enough, and I'd agree that a lot of food doesn't stand up well to being exposed to heat for long periods

As for repeatedly reheated foods, bigos is most amazing after being reheated about seven times with stints in cold conditions in-between
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 8:20 am

I'd rather sit on a plane next to someone who had pierogis then bigos though.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Ah, those filling sunday obiad at the in-laws... Unbeatable

G
Indeed, I've gone and made myself hungry thinking about this too much!
Old Sep 25, 2017, 8:24 am

As for repeatedly reheated foods, bigos is most amazing after being reheated about seven times with stints in cold conditions in-between
Class

G
Old Sep 25, 2017, 8:25 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
AY has no issues with serving Karjalanpiirakka along with their C meals:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finna...s-food-13.html

They even had a vote what to add to the menu as part of the Centennial.

The 'my premium menu' available for preorder looks very central European...?

https://do4r85wsrjs5z.cloudfront.net...-1215-Edit.jpg

Last edited by oliver2002; Sep 25, 2017 at 8:34 am
Old Sep 25, 2017, 10:27 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Might be just a 'stock' photo collection Newbie has :-).
(if I bother to document my travels then I usually keep the photos handy for a while too).
I upload my travel photos including food photos to flickr but am terribly behind sorting them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.