Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge question domestic Germany..

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2002, 12:39 am
Original Poster

Location: Denmark, SAS Gold, Lufthansa Senator (GOLD ), KLM Platinium
Lounge question domestic Germany..

Could you kindly help me with this Q's !!

I am flying domestic Germany for the first time...
Will there be Senator or other lounges in domestic area HAM and MUC ?? Before or after security ??
Are there any extra points if I use automated check-in ?
Parking in HAM ?

[This message has been edited by The-Longhauler (edited 08-12-2002).]
Old Aug 12, 2002, 1:23 am
Patron

The designated (very small) SEN lounge at MUC for domestic flights is located after security in (Schengen) Hall A.
If you are there after 10 am you have chance to grab a piece of excellent “Leberkäse” (if others are not quicker than you) and I cross my fingers that you find a convenient space to eat it.

There are no extra points if you use automated check-in.

Old Aug 12, 2002, 1:29 am
Original Poster

Thanks, so no lounge in HAM ??

Old Aug 12, 2002, 2:15 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by The-Longhauler:
Thanks, so no lounge in HAM ??</font>
There's a SEN lounge on the first floor. You have to go through security and then upstairs.

[This message has been edited by LH738 (edited 08-12-2002).]
Old Aug 12, 2002, 2:38 am
Original Poster

Thanks, and see you in Copenhagen !!
Old Aug 12, 2002, 9:37 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LH738:
Originally posted by The-Longhauler:
Thanks, so no lounge in HAM ??</font>
There's a SEN lounge on the first floor. You have to go through security and then upstairs.

[This message has been edited by LH738 (edited 08-12-2002).]
The elevator to the lounges is before security but after the point where they check wether you hold a ticket/boarding pass.

Old Aug 12, 2002, 10:27 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by piet:
The elevator to the lounges is before security but after the point where they check wether you hold a ticket/boarding pass.
</font>
No, the elevator is after security on the right side. It has been like this since May/June when they changed the terminal layout a bit.

Old Aug 12, 2002, 10:58 am
Uli

... might add that you please dont expect any food in the HAM lounge besides cookies and maybe an apple ... no Leberkäse
Old Aug 12, 2002, 12:06 pm

... but as the airport is small and convenient, you don't spend much time in the lounge anyway...
Old Aug 12, 2002, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for all advices ....

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Uli:
... might add that you please dont expect any food in the HAM lounge besides cookies and maybe an apple ... no Leberkäse</font>
hmmm, and no Senator-Ice either ???

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by curt:
... but as the airport is small and convenient, you don't spend much time in the lounge anyway...</font>
I think I will be there in good time, so I will probably spend some time in this fabolous lounge... Are there other lounges like Diners or KLM access ???

Old Aug 13, 2002, 2:48 am

There is a Diners Lounge, a BA/OW lounge plus the Hanseatic airport lounge which is used by AF, LX, KL etc. You can find the location of the lounges on the Hamburg Airport website.

[This message has been edited by curt (edited 08-13-2002).]
Old Aug 13, 2002, 3:15 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by curt:
There is a Diners Lounge, a BA/OW lounge plus the Hanseatic airport lounge which is used by AF, LX, KL etc. You can find the location of the lounges on the Hamburg Airport website.
[ ).]
</font>
Thanks for nice info, website is nice especially if you speak german , Is "hanseatic" the same as "airport Lounge"
Are all lounges after security and boarding pass control ?
Has anyone been to all this lounges ? What do you recommend ?

[This message has been edited by The-Longhauler (edited 08-13-2002).]
Old Aug 13, 2002, 5:12 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by The-Longhauler:
Is "hanseatic" the same as "airport Lounge"</font>
Yes, the airport lounge is called Hanseatic Lounge.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Are all lounges after security and boarding pass control ?</font>
No. The Diners Lounge should be before security control. The LH SEN and LH Business lounges as well as the BA and airport lounge are behind security control and are side by side.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Has anyone been to all this lounges ? What do you recommend ?</font>
Sorry, I have only been to the LH lounges...

[edited for UBB]

[This message has been edited by curt (edited 08-13-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.