Wiki Posts
Search

BA scraps min stay to Germany/Austria

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2002, 4:49 am
Original Poster

BA scraps min stay to Germany/Austria

New fares and no minimum stay requirements, ex UK:

http://www.britishairways.com/cgi-bi...and%20Switzerl and&mail=contact&image=none&position=none&caption=

hopefully LH/BD/OS will follow...
Old Jul 18, 2002, 5:18 am

Programs: *G SPG Platinum
I LOVE competition!!!

It will be interesting to follow the airfare market in the next months to come...
Old Jul 18, 2002, 6:58 am

Programs: LH SEN, AA AAirpass, IC Ambassador Platinum, *wood Gold
Just last night, I was looking at my BA Exec Club card (blue in colour) and thinking....
Old Jul 18, 2002, 8:18 am
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by eMailman:
Just last night, I was looking at my BA Exec Club card (blue in colour) and thinking....</font>
that you don`t get a single mile for any discounted ticket on BA and AA as a german member.They changed that to 50 % earning on slightly discounted tickets.A friend of mine flew discounted Biz ( DM 4500 to the US )and was not able to get miles for that on BA.According to todays Sueddeutsche Zeitung, they have a 2 day minimum stay ex Germany !!

Still a long way to go, BA !!

Old Jul 18, 2002, 8:44 am

Programs: LH au VS au BMI au
if it gets lufthansa to do the same, then you will see me coming through FRA and MUC a lot more often - just think - european milage runs
Old Jul 18, 2002, 9:38 am

Programs: LH SEN, AA AAirpass, IC Ambassador Platinum, *wood Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Threy:
that you don`t get a single mile for any discounted ticket on BA and AA as a german member.They changed that to 50 % earning on slightly discounted tickets.A friend of mine flew discounted Biz ( DM 4500 to the US )and was not able to get miles for that on BA.According to todays Sueddeutsche Zeitung, they have a 2 day minimum stay ex Germany !!

Still a long way to go, BA !!

</font>
That is why it is still blue.... perhaps we are on the way to some competition?
Old Jul 19, 2002, 6:24 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Threy:
that you don`t get a single mile for any discounted ticket on BA and AA as a german member.They changed that to 50 % earning on slightly discounted tickets.A friend of mine flew discounted Biz ( DM 4500 to the US )and was not able to get miles for that on BA.
</font>
If you want full mileage accrual on all BA fare classes, then try the Qantas FF programme. You can still use your EC a/c for online checkin etc.

Today LH matched the BA fare base but still require a minimum stay (2 days) (fare: WABEUN)...
Old Jul 26, 2002, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

LH introduces new fare structure, including no minimum stay for "off-peak" fares:

http://www.lufthansa.co.uk/gb/fly/en...474604,00.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.